Home

Anyone else self quarantining?

Posted By: Finster

Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/16/20 09:14 PM

Just got home last night after a month on the road working. This crap has my wife so flustered, I decided to quarantine myself for a week in the camper, in my driveway. It puts her mind at ease so that's good enough. Anyone else in the same predicament? I think it's all a big overreaction for most people. I wouldn't go visit anyone elderly or someone with serious medical problems, that's just common sense. However, the government and media has everyone so panicked that it's rubbing off on normally sane people.
Posted By: Hobbs

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/16/20 09:16 PM

My company has all of us working from home as much as possible, so I suppose that is a form of self quarantine.
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/16/20 09:17 PM

The longer this goes on and the more we learn about it...the less and less concerned about it I am.
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/16/20 09:18 PM

What I am concerned about is the general populations reaction to this..and definately the governments reaction to this. Lots of overreach going on in places. Glad i dont live in one of those places run by commies.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/16/20 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Finster
Just got home last night after a month on the road working. This crap has my wife so flustered, I decided to quarantine myself for a week in the camper, in my driveway. It puts her mind at ease so that's good enough. Anyone else in the same predicament? I think it's all a big overreaction for most people. I wouldn't go visit anyone elderly or someone with serious medical problems, that's just common sense. However, the government and media has everyone so panicked that it's rubbing off on normally sane people.

That explains why your so testy.The wife wears the pants and relegated you to the camper,lol.

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/16/20 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by The Possum Man
What I am concerned about is the general populations reaction to this..and definately the governments reaction to this. Lots of overreach going on in places. Glad i dont live in one of those places run by commies.

It's only been 3 weeks and people are already protesting. Another 6 and who knows where we are going to be at. Might be time to hunker down. lock and load. I'm in no danger where I'm at (much) but I wouldn't want to be living in a large town or city right about now.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/16/20 09:22 PM

no doubt Boco,i was just gonna tell him its his story and he can tell it any way he wants.

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/16/20 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

That explains why your so testy.The wife wears the pants and relegated you to the camper,lol.

My idea not hers. If you had the comprehension skills of someone in kindergarten, you would have read that. Then again, maybe I should put it in the Queens English so you can better grasp the subtleties

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/16/20 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
no doubt Boco,i was just gonna tell him its his story and he can tell it any way he wants.

Ready to push that button yet? I can shave around it first if you like?
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/16/20 09:27 PM

It's in the water in PA!!! cry
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/16/20 09:28 PM

do i gotta wash my hands first?

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/16/20 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
do i gotta wash my hands first?

and after. You can keep any lint you find though.

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/16/20 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by GROUSEWIT
It's in the water in PA!!! cry

laugh
Posted By: Snare loop

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/16/20 09:37 PM

Day 14 for me. After a round of anti-biotics I can return to work Monday. Had all the signs except no fever so I was not tested.

First week stunk because of the way I was feeling.

But the this week I got a ton of stuff done and filled a Turkey tag!!

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/16/20 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Snare loop
Day 14 for me. After a round of anti-biotics I can return to work Monday. Had all the signs except no fever so I was not tested.

First week stunk because of the way I was feeling.

But the this week I got a ton of stuff done and filled a Turkey tag!!

Glad you're doing better.

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/16/20 09:41 PM

Thanks, Never thought I was Covid.

With out a note from the Doc they made me stay home from work, 14 days
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/16/20 09:43 PM

No

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/16/20 09:44 PM

To be clear I needed a note to return to work. But after going though what I did to get into see a doc I just let the clock run out.

Seven screening before you see a doctor
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/16/20 09:51 PM

Nope.

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/16/20 09:55 PM

Where I was at, they took your temp every morning before you went into work. Any temp or headache or if you had been in contact with a covid person, you got the boot. With all of that, they still had cases.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/16/20 09:59 PM

Why would I self quarantine? That is others responsibility.

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/16/20 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by ApocalypticGoatH
Why would I self quarantine? That is others responsibility.

My wife works in the medical field. She works with people that have serious medical problems. Ambulatory, feeding tubes and the like. It would probably kill them if they would get it. So, I don't want to pass something to the wife that she could unknowingly pass to them. Common sense.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/16/20 10:42 PM

Yep , i was right your music thread didnt work , did it ? grin

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/16/20 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov

Guy gotta do sump'in. grin
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/16/20 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov

Guy gotta do sump'in. grin

True
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/17/20 02:39 AM

So why is Finster in the dog house ???
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/17/20 02:40 AM

No
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/17/20 02:47 AM

I wear gloves when I skin. Does that count for anything?
Posted By: harleydparts

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/17/20 07:35 AM

Every weekend. I deal with people for 5900 miles a week & all I want on weekends is the house, the bikes & the outdoors. No people! Doing my part since 1959.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/17/20 02:22 PM

I work a week per month and self quarantine the rest of the time. I started doing that before C19 and will continue to do it after this crazy stuff is over. Just not there is a word for it. We lived at anchor for 6 years away from the marina. When I wasn't at work I would be on one of my boats. When we bought this property the realtor said on the phone " I must warn you, it is very remote " I told her that I would not even consider looking at it if it wasn't.
Posted By: Actor

Re: Anyone else self quarantining? - 04/17/20 03:28 PM

I have COPD, High Blood pressure and a heart condition that I can't even pronounce or spell and 79 years old. I go out once a week to get groceries, if I need them. It has been almost 2 weeks … so I have to go to day... I am at the time and point in my life I don't really care if I have much personal contact, although I do miss a little. If I want to hear about conflict and complaints I just turn on the TV or Internet. If I need to get in touch with someone I have email, telephone or cell phone. If I don't like what someone is saying, I can't turn them off, or hang up on them. I don't watch the news on any TV station, can pick up enough accidentally on the internet.

It does appear that many states will be lifting some or all of the self imposed lockdown as of May 1. Then I can almost guarantee all H3ll will break loose and there will be twice as many cases as there have already been. God only knows... I hope I am wrong, but it will be the 40 and under that will be doing the spreading and the over 60 that will be doing the dying.

Lord Help Us All... My 2 cents worth.

Garry-
© 2024 Trapperman Forums