Home

What is the actual death rate of COVID-19?

Posted By: Finster

What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 09:34 PM

Posted By: Kansas Cat

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 09:53 PM

This is pure speculation but I have a feeling it will end up being less than 0.5%.
Posted By: Finster

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Kansas Cat
This is pure speculation but I have a feeling it will end up being less than 0.5%.

Agreed. I doubt we will ever get the correct numbers since they are miscounting from the get go. However, I believe the death rate will be about the same as the flu.
Posted By: bic

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 10:02 PM

I read that the survival rate was about 98.524% Which would make the mortality rate of about 1.5%. And that doesnt even take into account all the people that have had the virus but were asymptomatic.

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 10:03 PM

It is a real shame the statistics are being politicized. It would be very helpful if we were provided with the unvarnished truth.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 10:09 PM

Thanks for that Michael. I still ain't buying what I've heard a lot of people saying that they had it back in Dec or Jan, before it was imported into this country. But that said, this thing is an overblown media thing, IMHO. I still don't want it, at my age, but I'll be responsible for myself, not be told what to do by some jackwad politition govenor, that don't know S from Shineola!
Posted By: bic

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 10:13 PM

Lee, your last 6 words prompted my curiosity to ask, How old are you. My Dad is 86 and uses that phrase quite often. smile
Posted By: Boco

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 10:16 PM

The lower the better obviously because of what it does.With all the social distancing and other restrictions that have so far keep it much lower than otherwise, the virulence of covid will likely push it higher than any normal flu running thru the non restricted society.

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 10:23 PM

Lee, you might be surprised. I know of an individual, and his family, who travelled from Wuhan, where he works, to Kansas sometime around the first of December. I think the infection was already rampaging in that area before he left.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 10:34 PM

I had something with all the symptoms for about a week and a half in Feb. I wish there was an antibody test.

I have been working a few days a week in and around KC. Hospitals there dont have full parking lots. Seem to be plenty of people moving around. LOTS of construction jobs going on. Boco, with all those people working, and most are, if this virus was half as virulent as we are being led to believe, the hospitals would be full.

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 10:37 PM

Danny,the people working are going through rigorous precautions to sterilize.Here,even going to the grocery store is like major hazmat protocol.My son and daughter are both still working and the changes in their routine to prevent infectious spread is almost biblical in nature.
There is absolutely no debate on the virulence of covid-just look at its footprint across the globe.

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 10:39 PM

UH no they are not sterilizing whatever that is

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 10:41 PM

Oh yes they are.I was just there today.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Danny,the people working are going through rigorous precautions to sterilize.
There is absolutely no debate on the virulence of covid-just look at its footprint across the globe.

You think guys on construction sites are going through rigorous precautions to sterilize?

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 10:43 PM

I got a tire fixed Wednesday. Tire shop had me sit in the truck till they were done. Then I walked up to the counter to pay. Told me they would would take my card if I wanted to sit in the truck . I used their bathroom before I left. When I got back in the truck I did use hand sanitizer. With those few exceptions everything seems to be going like usual.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 10:44 PM

Oh yes they are.I was just there today.

I hardly think that the homeless and prisoners are "sterilizing" and they're not dropping like flies.

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
Danny,the people working are going through rigorous precautions to sterilize.

You think guys on construction sites are going through rigorous precautions to sterilize?

Yes indeed,in fact some were shut down for not following covid protocol.They are monitored for compliance.

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 10:46 PM

Not here boco.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 10:48 PM

its his story and he can and will tell it anyway he wants.

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 10:49 PM

I doubt that's happening anywhere. I've been on one construction site after another in the last three weeks, and all are business as usual. The only difference is I don't shake hands with the contractors anymore, and we try to keep our distance. Sometimes pretty hard to do when you're talking over loud equipment and such.

No one is monitored for compliance. It is not happening.

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 10:53 PM

Yes it is happening-several were shut down in Toronto.
If its not happening in your country perhaps that is why you have far more cases than anywhere else in the world.

I dont do the link thing but -There is a good article if you want to educate yourself-"coronavirus 5 months on what scientists now know about covid 19"
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 10:55 PM

What a scam!! Worldmeter had for PA deaths yesterday 837. Today nothing yet. Went to Pa dept health, they have 756 for today. DEATH RATE IS DROPPING??? 81 PEOPLE HAVE RISEN!!!! NO they ain't fudgin any numbers!!!!!!!

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 10:55 PM

tell us another story Uncle Boco,its almost bedtime. grin

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 11:01 PM

What does monitoring for compliance look like? Do the Covid Police come on-site with tape measures to make sure everyone is staying apart? Do you get fined if you jump in a backhoe without sterilizing it first?

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 11:03 PM

We do not have far more cases than anywhere in the world. We are at 112 deaths per million, but who knows how many corona deaths really are with the way they are counted. Spain is at 428, Italy is 376, France 286, UK is 215, Belgium 445, Netherlands 202, and you folks in Canada are at 35.

The percentage difference in 112 out of a million versus 35 out of a million is pretty insignificant. The death rate is not that great. Not even in Spain. 107/ 2500th's of one percent is not very many people.
Posted By: star flakes

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 11:04 PM

Coronavirus is complex. No one can state that just because some cases are mild and some are deadly, that the virus is not a problem. As this was a question about the real statistics.
The real data shows that 2 virus strains appeared in China. There are now anywhere from 8 strains to 40 mutations. In New York, the majority of people who got it and died were Chinese and Italian, the two known worst strains in the past month. Blacks are now getting this and it is very hard on their population.

As of the death rate, that is not know, because China has lied. They produced over a thousand more dead today. I overlaid the death numbers of the USA and other nations on China, and their numbers were over 1 million dead in the same period. This would have expanded as China is still infected in reports from people inside China.
So adding real Chinese data, makes the numbers worse than flu. The fact is that when the most deadly strain was appearing in the United States and Europe, the death rate was around 24%. As the less deadly strains appear, the numbers have lowered to the 2.4% range.Those who keep stating "lot of people had this" are not factoring in those are not real numbers, and the lots of people had a less critical strain.
This virus is coming back in people who were cleared of it. They had no antibodies and they were testing positive and that data is from South Korea and China.

This virus acts more like an organism. It is a bioweapon and it's traits are like Lyme which is another bioweapon research release, as it keeps coming back in a percentage of people.
On the positive side, Chloroquine when it is not the vaccine people ruining the studies, when matched with zinc saves live. Ivomec has proven a treatment in Australia. I read a European report which linked those who had tuberculosis vaccines were not getting this virus, as this virus has TB spliced into it.

So unless the examination of the facts is complete, and has correct data, the numbers people are producing for their points are pointless.

I would add that South Dakota had 1 sick Mexican and now Sioux Falls is the hottest zone in the Untied States.

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 11:04 PM

Total cases not percentages.For example-
USA tops the list at 34,000 dead
China with a much higher population only has 4000.

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 11:20 PM

You can only get a real picture by looking at percentages. If you have 10,000 people who need to eat for a year, and only 10 steers to butcher, its going to get rough. If you have ten steers and ten people they are rich and can barter. Yet everybody still only has ten steers.

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 11:22 PM

Yeah those chinamen are sharp. They have acupuncture to treat the virus. Thats why their numbers are so low.
Posted By: wr otis

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 11:22 PM

Star flakes your own numbers are meaningless. Without knowing percentages of sick people vs front line workers vs who ever else is using up tests, the numbers will always be skewed by the people selecting who gets tested.
Posted By: Duckie1

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 11:27 PM

I believe it was brought to certain areas of the US in Dec-Jan especially the areas that have international airports. 10's of thousands of people entered the US from Asia and Europe weekly. By Christmas this was already a known virus in China which means that it had been around for a few weeks at minimum. How many carriers entered the US in airports like Detroit Metro and spread into the community during that time? From the end of December until they named and tested for the virus people were admitted and died in hospitals with an unknown flu. Just look at NY going back and reclassifying earlier deaths with similar symptoms as Covid-19.
Posted By: Ric

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 11:34 PM

You guy's keep spouting percentages like the were gospel....

The total number of people infected is UNKNOWN

With out that there is no way to compute a percentage for morbidity or mortality .

It's called arithmetic for for those that ignored that part of there school years
Posted By: TC1

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 11:36 PM

Boco, if you truly believe China only has 4000 deaths from the Wu Flu I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell ya! Lol

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 11:40 PM

LOL.
I dont trust the Chinamen,They all look sneaky.
Posted By: cotton

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ric
You guy's keep spouting percentages like the were gospel....

The total number of people infected is UNKNOWN

With out that there is no way to compute a percentage for morbidity or mortality .

It's called arithmetic for for those that ignored that part of there school years

Yeppers and we will never know the truth
Posted By: walleye101

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/17/20 11:53 PM

So, can anyone explain how some states or cities appear to be peaking in numbers of infected cases? That seems mathematically impossible until at least 50% or more of the population has been exposed. If that's the case there is a very low rate of infection and a miniscule mortality rate.
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/18/20 12:08 AM

No one seems to want to understand that we actually have no clue how many cases we have, so none of the numbers are likely to be accurate. If most cases have no symptoms or half of them do or a third, no one knows.
It's like a shell game, the truth is never under the shell you pick up.

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/18/20 12:20 AM

But are you following what I'm saying. There is no way that infections could peak and start to decline until there are fewer people left to infect.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/18/20 12:23 AM

Currently we are fortunate that of the confirmed cases which are about 699K we have just below 35K deaths or about 5%. In Spain, France, GB and Italy the death rates are from 10-13% of those confirmed. Germany has a very low percentage of just under 3%.

Bryce

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/18/20 12:27 AM

"of the confirmed cases which are about 699K we have just below 35K deaths or about 5%"

This is a useless statistic.

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/18/20 12:33 AM

If somewhere north of 50% of infected people never get tested, it would follow that the morbidity rate is somewhere south of 2.5% in the US.

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/18/20 12:41 AM

Missing 50% would only put us at 1.4 Million cases out of 350 Million population. How could the virus have peaked with so many uninfectedd people?
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/18/20 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by walleye101
But are you following what I'm saying. There is no way that infections could peak and start to decline until there are fewer people left to infect.

I'm going to switch camps here and disagree, infections could be peaking in areas because of the social distancing regulations and shut downs.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/18/20 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by bic
Lee, your last 6 words prompted my curiosity to ask, How old are you. My Dad is 86 and uses that phrase quite often. smile

Bic, I'm not quite that old, but was a common phrase when I was growing up! I'm 73, going on 37, wish wish wish!

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/18/20 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

I'm going to switch camps here and disagree, infections could be peaking in areas because of the social distancing regulations and shut downs.

So you believe that well over 300 Million people going to grocery stores and picking up carry out food have avoided exposure to this virus by standing 6 feet apart in the checkout lines?

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/18/20 04:12 PM

That's what we are being told by the authorities, walleye, so of course it's true!

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/18/20 04:16 PM

220-----221----whatever it takes.

beats tree fiddy though. wink
Posted By: coonman220

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/18/20 04:46 PM

It up close 200 new cases in Iowa a day now. Govener say that peak out bs. I think end April is go be worse. I guess go jump up 4-5-600 plus cases a day, then be more stricter. Lockdown then now. This corner state has only few areas. In bigger city's or factory's. An retirement or care homes. That so many cases, some county's have 1 or 2 cases, yet govener put them on lockdown in ne Iowa, I think the end may., It be winding down, then possibly new waves come sometime when things relax more on regs on , that goverment has unless a vaccine
Posted By: trapper20

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/19/20 02:41 PM

the last i checked the kill rate was about 2% of those infected in the US. the problem with those statistics is they are not testing most of the people with it but when someone dies they check it. In our county alone I believe there are about a dozen positive case, but the health department had about 5-6 days ago around 500 cases with all the symptoms, but they are never tested and told to go home and self quarentine.
its like a lot of governement numbers, they just dont add up!
Posted By: yukon254

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/19/20 02:52 PM

Stanford doctors are now saying the infected rate is likely 50-80 percent higher than they first thought. That means the mortality rate is also way lower than the fear mongering numbers so many have been pushing. They are now thinking that covid has been in California for some time and that state may have herd immunity already. That certainly casts doubt on whether all these lock down orders were the correct course of action..
Posted By: 50fps

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/19/20 02:58 PM

I seen somewhere that NY is almost 4 times higher than any other major city worldwide per 100,000 people.
Posted By: scotts

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/19/20 03:17 PM

On one of the navy ships they found that 60% of the sailors have covid but show no symptoms. If this hold true here on land, there are a lot more infected than the current numbers suggest.

An excerpt from the news story: "At least 655 Roosevelt sailors have now tested positive, including one death and multiple hospitalizations, out of a total crew of a about 4,800. It’s startling that the Navy has found that out of over 600 COVID-19 infected sailors, the majority have displayed no symptoms. Testing is about 95% complete on the entire crew since the ship was diverted to Guam last month amid a spiraling crisis on board."
Posted By: coonman220

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/19/20 03:26 PM

43 infections in this county, 1 county away, 2, reported cases. Probly many hundreds. More not tested. Or no or minor symptoms of course. Stay close 200 a day new cases, wonder be like at end may? Slow down ?
Posted By: Okie Farmer

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/19/20 03:57 PM

Social distancing isn't increasing heard immunity that is going to lead to another round of the virus at some time. What are the powers that be going to do about round two or round three? This could very well happen next fall around election time.
Posted By: wallfur

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/19/20 04:05 PM

40,000 dead usa now
Posted By: HayDay

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/19/20 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by yukon254
Stanford doctors are now saying the infected rate is likely 50-80 percent higher than they first thought. That means the mortality rate is also way lower than the fear mongering numbers so many have been pushing. They are now thinking that covid has been in California for some time and that state may have herd immunity already. That certainly casts doubt on whether all these lock down orders were the correct course of action..

Actually, I think the Stanford study suggested it was 50X to 80X.......they tested 3,300 residents at random, and in an area that had only 1,000 confirmed cases, they were estimating 50,000 to 80,000 were showing antibodies for the virus. Is it possible the major wave has already passed with relative whimper?

Teddy Roo........significant as that is a closed environment in which it is highly likely that the entire crew of thousands would have been exposed and potentially inocculated.......yet they are not all testing positive. Same on other closed loops like cruise ships.....basically just about the same everywhere. In no place I can find did the "hammer fall".....reaching anywhere in excess of 10% to 20% of any population. Not the ships, not NYC, not Italy, not Spain anywhere. Bad if you get it, but how many get it?

Which raises yet another question.......CV19 really just one virus......or a family of related virus? Perhaps mutations? Some being really nasty.....others mostly benign. And if only one virus is the culprit.......is the +/- test specific to that one......or to one of several covid virus? And same with antibody test? Specific on one very specific CV19 responsible for all the damage......or ????

These guys sound like they know what they are talking about.....so they think they can ID 39 CV19 proteins that can interact with hundreds of protein cells in the body and can map out all those relationships.......and ID 60 some drugs to interfere with all that? To be able to bore down to that microscopic level and get that far that fast suggests somebody somewhere knows a whole lot more about all this than they are letting on.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/04/covid-19-treatment-ready-weeks-200418180005625.html

Also pathetic that you got to go to Aljazeera to find meaningful news. US news media is a national disgrace.
Posted By: hippie

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/19/20 04:09 PM

We're doing nothing but killing the economy.
Look at Singapore, strictest quarantine of any country and they are getting hit hard right now.

Thumb sucker feel good measures, that's all.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/19/20 10:40 PM

Total cases not percentages.For example-
USA tops the list at 34,000 dead
China with a much higher population only has 4000.

If the USA could give that cesspool New York to Canada you would top the list. crazy

8 hour layover in the Airport today and I'm so bored I started playing if they got the virus they probably wouldn't make it while people watching. OH my God! That one over there would never make it! Mostly judging them on obesity. frown
Posted By: snowy

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/19/20 11:31 PM

~ 700,000 die each year from cancers in US each year. ~70, 000 die from flu viruses each year in US. C19 has taken about ~40k I beleive.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/19/20 11:32 PM

[quote=Steven 49er][quote=walleye101]
So you believe that well over 300 Million people going to grocery stores and picking up carry out food have avoided exposure to this virus by standing 6 feet apart in the checkout lines?

Yes and no.

Yes I believe the current policies are helping to flatten the curve. People are interacting less, people are traveling less. Take a trip through the cities at rush hour and it's obvious.

No i.dont think it's the right remedy.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/19/20 11:36 PM

[quote=Steven 49er][quote=walleye101]

Yes and no.

Yes I believe the current policies are helping to flatten the curve. People are interacting less, people are traveling less. Take a trip through the cities at rush hour and it's obvious.

No i.dont think it's the right remedy.

I concur. Just went through. One person in the TSA line.
Posted By: Bogwalker

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/20/20 12:04 AM

If the govt is covering the cost of medical for anyone who died due to covid-19 , then there could be a significant number of deaths being called covid for the $$. I think to the tune of $33,000 per. Maybe why Michigan has so many deaths. Just saying. Hospitals, Insurance Companies and anyone else who pays have to cover would be incentivized to write cause of death "covid 19 ". Our tax money and nobody watching the till.

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/20/20 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by HayDay
Originally Posted by yukon254

Actually, I think the Stanford study suggested it was 50X to 80X.......they tested 3,300 residents at random, and in an area that had only 1,000 confirmed cases, they were estimating 50,000 to 80,000 were showing antibodies for the virus. Is it possible the major wave has already passed with relative whimper?

This makes sense, because as I said earlier, there is no way that this virus could be peaking with such a small percent of the population exposed. If in fact over half of the population has now been exposed the virus may have actually peaked.
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/20/20 01:40 AM

Go to the World Health Organization web site.
Nothing can show the "actual" numbers because some aren't reported but it will tell the infected vs recovered vs deaths that were reported.
Looks like recovered divided by deaths is around 25% Infected number is huge but you cannot figure that in because that can go either way.

Deaths vs recovered in the US is around 50%.

just
Posted By: Furvor

Re: What is the actual death rate of COVID-19? - 04/20/20 02:16 AM

100% for those who die from it.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums