Home

Hospice

Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Hospice - 04/18/20 05:38 AM

My wife, mother and dad where all under Hospice care during the last part of their lives. I have nothing but praise and gratitude for this organization. How was your experience with them for trappers that had to use their services?
Posted By: il.trapper

Re: Hospice - 04/18/20 06:58 AM

having dealt with several of the providers I can tell ya, there are good to great ones, and some I wouldn't want near a dying critter.

When my mom was in a hospital a few weeks before she passed their hospice person came to see us. I just about tossed her out a second story window. All she talked about was how cruel we were being by keeping mom alive. I finally, after some time, got her fired and barred from working in any hospital again.

Others, have been fantastic. Not only with the patient, but the loved ones of the patients. Most are good caring people that want to do all they can at the worst of times.

AS far as being with trappers, none I have ever seen seemed to let anything like that bother them. One of my best friends had a lady from hospice that would sit and listen to him tell stories of his outdoor experiences. She later told me she had no idea what he was talking about but it seemed to keep him happy so she listened.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Hospice - 04/18/20 08:49 AM

I thought the pamphlet they gave us on the stages a person goes through as they near their end was incredibly accurate.
Posted By: harrison72

Re: Hospice - 04/18/20 10:25 AM

My opinion:
It takes a special person to be a nurse or a nurse's assistant. It takes an even more special person to be a Hospice or pediatric nurse. I am NEITHER ONE! I honestly don't know how they deal with what they see on daily basis. Thank the Lord for people such as this.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Hospice - 04/18/20 10:51 AM

I'm ,with Harrison 72 ,he said it right
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Hospice - 04/18/20 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by harrison72
My opinion:
It takes a special person to be a nurse or a nurse's assistant. It takes an even more special person to be a Hospice or pediatric nurse. I am NEITHER ONE! I honestly don't know how they deal with what they see on daily basis. Thank the Lord for people such as this.

Man, this is spot on.
Had the hospice experience with my mom. To be blunt, it's just a place where you are watching and waiting for someone to die. It's pretty hard to make that into a positive experience, but the staff and volunteers I dealt with made it easier.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Hospice - 04/18/20 11:13 AM

amazing people and service here
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Hospice - 04/18/20 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by pcr2
amazing people and service here

X2
© 2024 Trapperman Forums