Home

Should the U.S Senate & House takepay cuts

Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Should the U.S Senate & House takepay cuts - 04/20/20 03:23 PM

as long as this virus stays with us? I believe one rep is going to introduce a bill for it. Will they vote for a pay cut? The part that really irritated me is when a news cast showed multi-millionaire Nancy Pelosi in her gated community 7.5 million dollar mansion, eating her $14 a pint ice cream that she took out of her $24,000 basement freezer telling a reporter we all need to shelter in place and not go back to work yet. She has no idea what the word hardship means. I didn’t make those figures up, different news sources said that is the cost of those items. By the way, I heard she gets back and fourth to her San Fran home via her private jet.
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Should the U.S Senate & House takepay cuts - 04/20/20 03:36 PM

I don't think you'll find any arguments against that here. Except cutting their paychecks won't do squat to offset the trillions of dollars they're giving out that the government doesn't have.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Should the U.S Senate & House takepay cuts - 04/20/20 03:36 PM

Never gonna happen, Trump takes no pay however and has not as POTUS.
Posted By: corky

Re: Should the U.S Senate & House takepay cuts - 04/20/20 03:39 PM

They would make a big deal about "shared sacrifice" and then vote themselves an offsetting "stimulus package" buried in a 3,000 page bill that nobody would read and the mainstream media would never report. Yeah, I'm a cynic.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Should the U.S Senate & House takepay cuts - 04/20/20 03:46 PM

Wonder if they got overtime on the impeachment deal, they sure worked overtime.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Should the U.S Senate & House takepay cuts - 04/20/20 05:35 PM

It would make little difference to them as long as the bribes keep coming in, they official pay is but a drop in the ocean. Or how do you think that dolt biden has become a multi millionaire along with Maxine water , Pelosi and the rest of the crooked bunch. Cork you are not a cynic at all. A realist more like.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Should the U.S Senate & House takepay cuts - 04/20/20 10:42 PM

Forget the pay cut and let's get out the tar and feathers.
Posted By: WhiteTrash 88

Re: Should the U.S Senate & House takepay cuts - 04/20/20 11:11 PM

They would probably think they need a raise. They make the laws so I wonder who would win if that was the case
Posted By: adam m

Re: Should the U.S Senate & House takepay cuts - 04/20/20 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteTrash 88
They would probably think they need a raise. They make the laws so I wonder who would win if that was the case

They gave them self a raise with the stimulus package mad

Yes they need a pay cut
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Should the U.S Senate & House takepay cuts - 04/20/20 11:47 PM

I prefer they take an all expense paid trip to Queens, NY
Posted By: gcs

Re: Should the U.S Senate & House takepay cuts - 04/21/20 01:46 PM

Make them live in the NY governors mansion with Andrew.
Posted By: Furvor

Re: Should the U.S Senate & House takepay cuts - 04/22/20 03:00 AM

Just pay them piece-rate.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Should the U.S Senate & House takepay cuts - 04/22/20 04:46 AM

Those should be unpaid positions -- that way we might get a few that actually will do the job. Or go to a lottery system of registered voters " This letter is to inform you that you have now been selected vice president please report to d.c. by january 1."
Posted By: mask bandit

Re: Should the U.S Senate & House takepay cuts - 04/22/20 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
Forget the pay cut and let's get out the tar and feathers.

No ! Ride them out on a log , with concrete blocks tied to their ankles. Or a cat of nine tails would be better.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums