Home

Packers

Posted By: The Beav

Packers - 04/24/20 03:38 AM

Packers pick a Q back In the first round. Stupid as stupid goes.
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: Packers - 04/24/20 03:39 AM

?? How In any way is that stupid.
Never mind I seen who they picked
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Packers - 04/24/20 03:51 AM

We want Jordy back and then yall can do what you please
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: Packers - 04/24/20 11:02 AM

I would have liked to see a fast WR picked, but most of the best were already gone. But, during this recent shutdown there have been lots of old NFL games on and I have watched some of the old Packer games. Rodgers has lost some of the accuracy he had in those old games. It might be time to start thinking about grooming a replacement.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Packers - 04/24/20 11:38 AM

13-3 in 2020, needs at Receiver, O-Line, Linebacker, Tight end. I get Rogers is older, getting hurt more, but Rogers has stated he wants to play until he is 40. I am a season tix holder, I follow the team and the draft. We have been in need of a back up QB. But seriously at this point and this year , I just do not get it! Shocked.
Posted By: corky

Re: Packers - 04/24/20 11:41 AM

Rodgers still has 3 years of guaranteed contract. There were quality players available at tackle, inside linebacker and wideout, all areas of need. In my opinion, they should have waited a year to draft a QB. I can only guess that the new coach is tired of AR overriding his plays and not running the offense the way it is designed. Certainly a shocking wake up call for Rodgers. I was stunned, especially since they blew a 4th Rd. pick to move up. I was actually hoping Love would be available at 30 and that the Packers would get a good deal to move down from someone that needs a QB.
Posted By: snowy

Re: Packers - 04/24/20 01:36 PM

An AR trade in a year or so is a good reason to get a QB.

Re: Packers - 04/24/20 01:44 PM

I think they could have picked up this guy in the 2nd or even the third round. A first round pick that won't play for 2 years. There were better choices to fill other key positions.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Packers - 04/24/20 04:19 PM

The Packers should sign "Johnny Football".

Re: Packers - 04/24/20 05:15 PM

Rodgers Isn't happy. One WR isn't going to cut It.
Posted By: WIMarshRAT

Re: Packers - 04/24/20 05:17 PM

Rodgers is here for two more years max. With this year in doubt they might as well look to the future. The linebacker and wr they had their eye on was gone so they did the next big thing. Draft is deep wth WR so they will get that need covered well. Remember their best wr come after day one and they have picked some good ones.

Re: Packers - 04/24/20 05:55 PM

Rodgers will do what Brady did and move on to a different team.
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Packers - 04/24/20 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
Rodgers will do what Brady did and move on to a different team.

Favre did it too. Would be good to have a contingency plan in place before that happens, like a guy that's been on the bench a couple years soaking up as much as he can. Much like Rodgers did before he got the nod. I'm not saying Love will be the next Rodgers or Favre, never seen him play a single snap, but ya never know.

I was shocked as anyone else with that pick.
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: Packers - 04/24/20 08:10 PM

Always pick the best talent available whether you need their position or not.

How many of you forgot the Pack picked Rodgers while Farve was still QB. Rodgers sat for 3 years before Farve moved on.
3 years to learn and watch one of the greats, Farve.
Posted By: Dave Plueger

Re: Packers - 04/24/20 11:05 PM

This should make you happy. Rodgers is an over rated cry baby, not a "team" player in any way.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Packers - 04/25/20 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by snowy
An AR trade in a year or so is a good reason to get a QB.

Thats sorta what I was thinking
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Packers - 04/25/20 01:13 AM

Aaron will end his career in New England.
Posted By: snowy

Re: Packers - 04/25/20 01:46 AM

Packers have had 30 plus year with elite hall of fame qb play and only taken the prize 2x. AR will still b worth something in two years to get some good picks if he is still healthy wise from injury.

Re: Packers - 04/25/20 03:39 AM

Well they picked a Tight end.
Posted By: corky

Re: Packers - 04/25/20 11:57 AM

Packers going to ground and pound. Interesting transition from the McCarthy offense. Management must be seeing a decline in Rodgers' skills. This is reminiscent of Elway's last years in Denver which were very successful. I hope it works out the same.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums