Home

Iowa's governor??

Posted By: imissed

Iowa's governor?? - 04/24/20 08:08 PM

Today during her daily C19 update, she stated Iowa had a 1 day record number of new cases. 500+.

Then she said that on Monday the state will be open for farmers markets, boob and nose jobs and any other selective ops you want!! REALLY!!

She also said that Iowa won't hit our peak for 2-3 weeks. And she opens the state.

What's wrong with her?
Posted By: Okie Farmer

Re: Iowa's governor?? - 04/24/20 08:58 PM

She's seen the light and realizes this quarantine hasn't been necessary.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Iowa's governor?? - 04/24/20 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by imissed
Today during her daily C19 update, she stated Iowa had a 1 day record number of new cases. 500+.

Then she said that on Monday the state will be open for farmers markets, boob and nose jobs and any other selective ops you want!! REALLY!!

She also said that Iowa won't hit our peak for 2-3 weeks. And she opens the state.

What's wrong with her?

Nothing is wrong with her. Opening those up will change nothing. Relax.
Posted By: coop

Re: Iowa's governor?? - 04/24/20 09:02 PM

Blonde?
Posted By: Wesley

Re: Iowa's governor?? - 04/24/20 09:10 PM

Imissed, just remember you may continue to shelter in place even if the rest of the state is open if you believe that’s necessary. Don’t force that on others though.
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: Iowa's governor?? - 04/24/20 09:15 PM

The reality is that shutting down the country and wrecking the economy does nothing more than prolong the inevitable. This thing is going to continue till it's done no matter how long they stay closed. Let it do what it is going to do and be done with it. The longer they keep folks on only go out when you have to is just making it longer till it gets to the whole country anyway.
Posted By: Finster

Re: Iowa's governor?? - 04/24/20 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Farmer
She's seen the light and realizes this quarantine hasn't been necessary.

X100

Re: Iowa's governor?? - 04/24/20 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Wesley
Imissed, just remember you may continue to shelter in place even if the rest of the state is open if you believe that’s necessary. Don’t force that on others though.

I agree 100% That's the way this should have went down in the first place. If you're scared then stay home. Simple as that. All of these state governments have done nothing but abuse the power they were given. Just goes to show that you can't trust government. There was no reason to shut this economy down after the first two weeks when more info came out and the numbers were not matching predictions. The able bodied could have gone back to work if they wanted.

Re: Iowa's governor?? - 04/24/20 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by coop
Blonde?

grin
Posted By: badger

Re: Iowa's governor?? - 04/24/20 10:02 PM

She's doing a good job and not caving to the"norm"
Posted By: Dave Plueger

Re: Iowa's governor?? - 04/24/20 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by badger

Exactly! And for the record she's a brunette grin
Posted By: Okie Farmer

Re: Iowa's governor?? - 04/24/20 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Finster
Originally Posted by Wesley

I agree 100% That's the way this should have went down in the first place. If you're scared then stay home. Simple as that. All of these state governments have done nothing but abuse the power they were given. Just goes to show that you can't trust government. There was no reason to shut this economy down after the first two weeks when more info came out and the numbers were not matching predictions. The able bodied could have gone back to work if they wanted.

I've been working everyday and a lot of people here have, suppliers combining routes and drivers not getting full days used grease guy said he was picking up half of normal. Seen a frac crew leave out for a job today, hopefully things will keep moving and we can get things rolling again.
Posted By: MINK I LOVE

Re: Iowa's governor?? - 04/25/20 12:04 AM

She is now realizing that it is the Confinement of people that is the problem Nursing Homes,Meat Plants. Once they get those numbers down, it looks alot worse than it is. We have had 8 positive cases and 1 death in my county. It is Blackhawk County is the 'EYE OF THE STORM' at the moment.

She is starting out slow in Phase 1 and we will see what happens. I feel that she is doing a Very Good Job with her decisions.

Open up Iowa!!!
Posted By: coydog2

Re: Iowa's governor?? - 04/25/20 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Dave Plueger
Originally Posted by badger

Exactly! And for the record she's a brunette grin

You beat me to it , too many wants to blame the hair color then for who the person is, She did not cave in when at first they wanted her to shut the state and she did not cave in then and it made national news. She have more of clue for what need to be done then some that been in office too long. She been doing a good job.
Posted By: ozark trapper ia

Re: Iowa's governor?? - 04/25/20 12:19 AM

She is doing a fine job no panic.
Posted By: Badger23

Re: Iowa's governor?? - 04/25/20 12:31 AM

Sounds like you're very scared so stay home. The numbers will go up as more tests get done. I watch enough Iowa news unless you've been under a rock all employees of the Tyson plant in Waterloo are going to be tested. That's nearly 3000 employees. I would expect the number to go up it's a known fact there's an outbreak there. Add to that the other packing plants in the state having positive tests along with the nursing homes I wouldn't expect anything less.
I look at my neighboring county in WI (Grant) and 16 of the 25 cases in the county are at a senior/disabled facility in Lancaster. That makes the 25 cases in the county not seem too bad to me. That didn't come out until yesterday because I'm guessing it sounds much more drastic when people think the cases are scattered.

BTW if you want to trade governors you can have WI and I'll take yours.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Iowa's governor?? - 04/25/20 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by ozark trapper ia

I agree with my fellow Iowans here!
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Iowa's governor?? - 04/25/20 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
Originally Posted by ozark trapper ia

I agree with my fellow Iowans here!

Me too.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Iowa's governor?? - 04/25/20 12:56 AM

What's wrong with her?

Move to Canada.
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: Iowa's governor?? - 04/25/20 07:06 AM

So far so good but I really think it hasn't come close to started here.
just
Posted By: coydog2

Re: Iowa's governor?? - 04/25/20 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Badger23
Sounds like you're very scared so stay home. The numbers will go up as more tests get done. I watch enough Iowa news unless you've been under a rock all employees of the Tyson plant in Waterloo are going to be tested. That's nearly 3000 employees. I would expect the number to go up it's a known fact there's an outbreak there. Add to that the other packing plants in the state having positive tests along with the nursing homes I wouldn't expect anything less.
I look at my neighboring county in WI (Grant) and 16 of the 25 cases in the county are at a senior/disabled facility in Lancaster. That makes the 25 cases in the county not seem too bad to me. That didn't come out until yesterday because I'm guessing it sounds much more drastic when people think the cases are scattered.

BTW if you want to trade governors you can have WI and I'll take yours.

I feel sorry for you guys there for how your state is , I am not far from your boarder, I fish the Miss,once in awhile and go into your state.I see what you mean by what you said about all you said .
Posted By: beeman

Re: Iowa's governor?? - 04/25/20 09:05 PM

What's wrong with her?

I agree with you!!!!! More cases everyday. Thursday 176. Friday 521. New record Saturday 648. Even the POTUS said we should not open up our states until we have had 14 consecutive days of lower numbers. The Des Moines Farmers Market has in the past had 650,000 people attend during their 26 week season or 25,000 per Saturday. This all in a 3-4 block area. There will be no social distancing with that many people in such a small area.

I thought she and the Nebraska governor had something good going with their Test Iowa and Test Nebraska Program following Utah’s Test program then she has this press briefing and says she is going to open up the state.
Posted By: beeman

Re: Iowa's governor?? - 04/25/20 09:12 PM

Maybe as some of you say we need to allow this virus to run its course but if we don’t try and slow it down our hospitals and morgues will be overrun just as they did in New York.
Posted By: Badger23

Re: Iowa's governor?? - 04/25/20 11:01 PM

Of course there's going to be a rise in numbers there are more tests being done. This comes down to a choice that people should have. If they choose to go out and patronize a business that decides to open up they should have that choice.

It's getting to be very obvious picking out the ones who want to live off the backs of others. It's as if they want the country to fail. End the stimulus checks and the bonus to unemployment and see how fast their tune changes.

If they quit doing tests or do fewer the numbers will go down for 14 days so then open it up. Problem solved.(Sarcasm).
It also would help if they quit lumping in people that have a laundry list of health problems in with the deaths. I read that in northern WI. there was a person with stage 4 lung cancer, 90 years old and they died. They tested them for corona (positive) and it was marked as the cause of death. They're also putting presumptive numbers in as factual to pad the counts. so if you say I had a cough and a fever awhile back right now and I think it was corona it's marked it down as corona.

I see you brought up New York and yes their deaths went up. Look at the population of the NYC it's a perfect spot for this. They also had a navy ship brought in to be a floating hospital and didn't need it. there's been temporary hospitals set up all over in metro areas and from what I've read very few have been utilized and none have been at capacity.

I don't take covid as a joke at all but there has to be a common sense approach to this. If you live in fear on this you'll be living in fear all your life. It may be here to stay. Use your own judgement.
Posted By: MJM

Re: Iowa's governor?? - 04/25/20 11:22 PM

I feel saaaaaffffeee,
[Linked Image]
© 2024 Trapperman Forums