Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Covid Cruisin... - 04/26/20 12:34 AM

Awesome
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Covid Cruisin... - 04/26/20 01:35 AM

Masked bandit!!!
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Covid Cruisin... - 04/26/20 01:47 AM

Got my Chevelles out of storage this week also. Im always surprised....they always fire right up. A fella I worked with before retirement has a huge building and allows me to store them there.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Covid Cruisin... - 04/26/20 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bigbrownie
Got my Chevelles out of storage this week also. Im always surprised....they always fire right up. A fella I worked with before retirement has a huge building and allows me to store them there.

What years ? Have you posted pics of them before ?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Covid Cruisin... - 04/26/20 02:22 AM

Your a bad lookin dude nessy,lol.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Covid Cruisin... - 04/26/20 02:31 AM

Nice goat.
One day I'll own a classic. If I could buy my uncle's 55 Bel air I'd buy it in a heart beat

Re: Covid Cruisin... - 04/26/20 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Originally Posted by Bigbrownie

What years ? Have you posted pics of them before ?

I have a 70 and a 72. I’ll find some pics.

Re: Covid Cruisin... - 04/26/20 03:37 AM

Here’s the 72.

[Linked Image]

This is the 70

[Linked Image]
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Covid Cruisin... - 04/26/20 01:40 PM

Those rides would part a group of tree huggers like God parted the Red Sea...
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Covid Cruisin... - 04/26/20 02:07 PM

Definitely not a trapping vehicle for sure -
[Linked Image]
But I did drive it out to the FTA's trappers college when I went there.

Only real gearheads will know what make and model this is , very rare , very fast.
Posted By: Claypool313

Re: Covid Cruisin... - 04/26/20 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Cragar
[Linked Image]

Only real gearheads will know what make and model this is , very rare , very fast.

Sure does look like an NSX to me and not a gear head by any stretch.

Re: Covid Cruisin... - 04/26/20 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Claypool313
[Linked Image]

Sure does look like an NSX to me and not a gear head by any stretch.

Correct answer. Add 2 points to your gearhead card. In the years that I have owned it , I have had lots of people misidentify it. I've been told its , a Corvette , a Ferrari , a kit car and more. Very few people have seen one in person. Built from 1991-2005 the USA market only got about 7,000+ of these. VERY fun to drive.

Re: Covid Cruisin... - 04/26/20 02:37 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^Looks like a Toyota to me....and bet it sounds like a Leaf Blower........

Re: Covid Cruisin... - 04/26/20 02:53 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^Looks like a Toyota to me....and bet it sounds like a Leaf Blower........

Actually it's A Honda/Acura. The exhaust has a nice mellow growl when you go into VTEC. Sounds like a european supercars exhaust, not at all like a riced out japanese tuner car. It also goes 165mph bone stock with absolutely no modifications.

This was a very well thought out car from the ground up. Hand assembled in Japan. Entire body is aluminum. Less than 300lbs steel in the entire car. Even the seat frames and jack are made out of aluminum. Titanium connecting rods in engine , first ever production car to have them. Numerous other features on this car made it ahead of it's time when it was made , but still respected today.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Covid Cruisin... - 04/26/20 03:10 PM

Nessy is an outlaw- why am I not surprised?
Nigbrownie- those are some slick looking rides!

Re: Covid Cruisin... - 04/26/20 03:11 PM

Actually it's A Honda/Acura. The exhaust has a nice mellow growl when you go into VTEC. Sounds like a european supercars exhaust, not at all like a riced out japanese tuner car. It also goes 165mph bone stock with absolutely no modifications.

This was a very well thought out car from the ground up. Hand assembled in Japan. Entire body is aluminum. Less than 300lbs steel in the entire car. Even the seat frames and jack are made out of aluminum. Titanium connecting rods in engine , first ever production car to have them. Numerous other features on this car made it ahead of it's time when it was made , but still respected today.

What did Toyota make to combat that car ?
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Covid Cruisin... - 04/26/20 03:13 PM

You sure have some nice rides, fellas!

Re: Covid Cruisin... - 04/26/20 03:36 PM

[Nessmuck]What did Toyota make to combat that car ?[/quote]

Nothing really. Even some of the more refined Supras even with more power were not in the same league as the NSX.
However , Toyota did make an exemplary car many years before this. The Toyota 2000GT. Joint Yamaha/Toyota project. Late 60's to early 70's. Was used in a James bond film. Rare as hen's teeth now. Current value of a good example , 1 million+ usd.

Re: Covid Cruisin... - 04/26/20 05:22 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Covid Cruisin... - 04/26/20 05:35 PM

[Linked Image]

Nice looking goat. Driven a couple like that. Also driven a judge or two.

What powertrain and mods ?

Re: Covid Cruisin... - 04/26/20 07:25 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^ It’s a numbers matching car..has the born with drive train...and all options are on the PHS build sheet. 400 motor ,quadrajet.. Factory AC, power windows, power steering and brakes, power antenna, remote outside rear view mirror, original turbo 400 automatic trans, 3:23 posi rear, door edge guards, and it was ordered with a boxed in convertible frame, clock, and speed alert too... Has original front bucket and rear seats and door panels...original sheet metal and floors....I did put a tail light panel and trunk floor in it. Still has the original gas tank. It had the original wind sheild in it....but needed to be replaced. The car originally had wheel covers (Hub caps) ...but I like the Rally Wheels. Original code 11 Monteago Cream color...been painted a couple times. Was sold in NJ new at Rydell Pontiac...1967. The guy order the car this way....because he was towing his boat with it, Still has the markings on the rear fram rails where they welded on the tow hitch back in the day. It’s a real unmolested GTO

Re: Covid Cruisin... - 04/26/20 08:00 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^ It’s a numbers matching car..has the born with drive train...and all options are on the PHS build sheet. 400 motor ,quadrajet.. Factory AC, power windows, power steering and brakes, power antenna, remote outside rear view mirror, original turbo 400 automatic trans, 3:23 posi rear, door edge guards, and it was ordered with a boxed in convertible frame, clock, and speed alert too... Has original front bucket and rear seats and door panels...original sheet metal and floors....I did put a tail light panel and trunk floor in it. Still has the original gas tank. It had the original wind sheild in it....but needed to be replaced. The car originally had wheel covers (Hub caps) ...but I like the Rally Wheels. Original code 11 Monteago Cream color...been painted a couple times. Was sold in NJ new at Rydell Pontiac...1967. The guy order the car this way....because he was towing his boat with it, Still has the markings on the rear fram rails where they welded on the tow hitch back in the day. It’s a real unmolested GTO

That sounds REAL nice. Seriously equipped for the day. Getting the convertible subframe ordered on a hardtop 2dr coupe , must be an insanely rare option.
Sounds like you got a great survivor car. I've seen a lot of goats that look good , but a lot of the ones out there are cobbled together from parts. Hard to find an original one like yours.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums