Home

Colorado at it again

Posted By: rpmartin

Colorado at it again - 04/26/20 08:15 PM

Was reading on a hunting forum that the idiots in Colorado now have a bill that would outlaw cage trapping and organized predator hunts.
Anyone heard of this?
Posted By: ScottPhillips

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/26/20 08:27 PM

Going for it all!
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/26/20 08:50 PM

Want to stock wolves too! Going on ballot in Nov.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/26/20 08:58 PM

The price of ADC work just went up in CO, not like animals will just play nice if the idiots get their way they should pay through the nose for control work that us trappers did for free before.
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/26/20 09:03 PM

Hunters and fishermen better wake up in Colorado. There is no end game with the anti’s. They’ll never say, whew we go it done, it’s over. They want it all. What’s all?...yours, mine, our freedom.
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/26/20 09:06 PM

I hope the wolves eat all the idiots.

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/26/20 09:23 PM

Looked like the sportsman alliance was on this right away and are fighting back hard for us. Not sure where the nta is at, I'm sure there on it also. I'm a life member of the nta and a member of sportsman alliance, glad I am!
I really feel bad for the sportsman of Colorado.

The idiot's want the wolves because they would sooner see the wildlife be killed by wolves than be taken by hunters!!!
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/26/20 09:34 PM

I've said for years that all the sportsmen going to Co to hunt in the fall need to rethink their trips and go elsewhere. But I've had this conversation with many, and they don't care. You know what, I quit careing about Co a long time ago! Dang shame is what it is.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/26/20 09:34 PM

Coming soon to a state near you.
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/26/20 10:01 PM

This is the way life will be for most states. Every session will be inundated with these petitions, all states need to be on the ready. What needs done are emails sent from all sportsmen, stating the need to have these tools available and legal for capture of damage causing wildlife as well as sick wildlife. Management tools being outlawed will do no one any good. Below is a link for this to be done. PLEASE be polite and tactful when composing e mails. Simple facts will out do name calling. Thanks Todd

dnr_cpwcommission@state.co.us
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/26/20 10:10 PM

You would think the new “Covid pioneers” would be against it.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/26/20 10:28 PM

CO has the best elk numbers in the US with 4 major herds. Or so I read one time.
CO has roughly 7 million people and roughly 5 million of them live in the metro Denver area. Not a good situation for sportsmen.

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/26/20 10:37 PM

Todd, thanks for that. Why is Colorado ground zero for this stuff? Is it the people, game and fish, lawyers and judges, or a combination of all? My guess it's a perfect storm of all of the aforementioned?
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/26/20 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by tomahawker
Hunters and fishermen better wake up in Colorado. There is no end game with the anti’s. They’ll never say, whew we go it done, it’s over. They want it all. What’s all?...yours, mine, our freedom.

many trappers (right here on T-Man) better wise up before it's too late. Many guys (right HERE) will vote for candidates who will take away our rights.

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/26/20 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by rpmartin
Todd, thanks for that. Why is Colorado ground zero for this stuff? Is it the people, game and fish, lawyers and judges, or a combination of all? My guess it's a perfect storm of all of the aforementioned?

I would not say we are ground zero, Colorado seems to get more attention for some reason. New Mexico, and Montana have been under the gun the last few years also. With the success these groups have had in California, they are learning that their missions can be accomplished.
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/26/20 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by rpmartin

They want to be like California.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/26/20 11:02 PM

It is a genuine shame what has happened to that state.

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/26/20 11:05 PM

Unfortunately I know what you mean. I can't believe the people and their excuses for not being a part of an organization that has their back like sportsman alliance or their state trapping organization.
What gives people?
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/26/20 11:21 PM

Money talks and the other walks. Take just one year and do not buy ANY state permits, licenses. Do not hunt in anyway or fish for anything. Cut the funding out for anything the State is doing. It would never happen, but if it did the State would set up and take notice. That would include State Parks. But it is like many other issue 99.5 % of the people will just complain and go along with it until it is to late.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/26/20 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Getting There
Money talks and the other walks. Take just one year and do not buy ANY state permits, licenses. Do not hunt in anyway or fish for anything. Cut the funding out for anything the State is doing. It would never happen, but if it did the State would set up and take notice. That would include State Parks. But it is like many other issue 99.5 % of the people will just complain and go along with it until it is to late.

I'm not sure that strategy would be effective. It may just backfire as that is what the anti's are working towards eventually anyway.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/26/20 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by white marlin
Originally Posted by tomahawker

many trappers (right here on T-Man) better wise up before it's too late. Many guys (right HERE) will vote for candidates who will take away our rights.

This is the problem.
Posted By: red mt

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/26/20 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Coming soon to a state near you.

Amen
If anybody thinks this can not happen in your state you sit up and TAKE NOTICE
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/26/20 11:53 PM

When Colorado banned trapping thru referendum the response from the Dept.of Wildlife was terrible.Peta was proud,I'm sure.The director at the time wrote a open letter to "The Trapper"magazine that basically said,tough,get used to it.There was talk of boycotts that went nowhere,if it came to a decision between supporting trapping and getting an easy elk tag hunters chose the elk tags.I remember looking at different hunting magazines after the vote and it wasn't even mentioned,but the wonders of Colorado elk hunting sure was.So much for solidarity.Trappers and hunters who had no problem with banned public land trapping are now faced with doing away with predator hunts and cages.I find it hard to feel sorry for them.
Posted By: BG10

I moved to Colorado from Texas a little over a year ago. Wife and I both took promotions with significant pay raises, I stayed with my company while she switched. I will say the Colorado natives are pretty cool, they get it. But this is without question the most commie state I've ever stepped foot in, and this is certainly a temporary move for us. The influx of Californians in our neighborhood has been insane, the political red tape is insane, and how things are being voted around here is also insane. Certainly don't group everyone together, but when asked why they also moved to Colorado, the answer is because California sucks. But they vote and act the exact same way.

Long story short, if you truly consider yourselves an outdoorsman, I don't see how you can vote blue. Those are the same people trying to take your rights away at every turn. Nutjobs out screaming "fish and trees have feelings too."... so out of touch with reality it really is beyond comprehension.

But make no mistake, they'll be headed everywhere else too. Annihilate one state at a time to grow their agendas. I used to assume common sense was pretty standard. I'm the idiot for assuming that.

Posted By: red mt

Walleye 101
You are correct
Posted By: coloradocat

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/27/20 02:22 AM

We will once again handle this with or without help. And the chips will fall where they may. And we will do it for residents and non residents alike.

The new political landscape is totally different now than it was 2 years ago. Agendas and posturing change daily at warp speed. We live in way different times now.

This is FACT. No state at the present moment is immune from this movement. It isn't about the trapping or the hunting, but everything about not wanting any of them killed. Doesnt matter the number 1 or 10,000, any is too many.

Been in this business along time defending trapping in this State. There will be people who help, people who will not, and people that tell you how to do things. The ones who help will make the difference. The others are probably better sitting on the sidelines coaching, thats a super good job for them. We know for sure they wont screw a good effort up. Your either part of the problem, or part of the solution. Dont get butt hurt, thats just the facts of life fellas.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/27/20 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Monster Toms
This is the way life will be for most states. Every session will be inundated with these petitions, all states need to be on the ready. What needs done are emails sent from all sportsmen, stating the need to have these tools available and legal for capture of damage causing wildlife as well as sick wildlife. Management tools being outlawed will do no one any good. Below is a link for this to be done. PLEASE be polite and tactful when composing e mails. Simple facts will out do name calling. Thanks Todd

dnr_cpwcommission@state.co.us

Will do and I’ve been putting off joining your state association. Great reason to send some money. Take care and good luck.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/27/20 02:34 AM

My mailman is a liberal, he said they only want to take ar15 away, i told him thats where they would begin, hes brainwashed.
Haven't noticed you on lately rick, good to hear from you
Posted By: wallfur

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/27/20 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by coloradocat
We will once again handle this with or without help. And the chips will fall where they may. And we will do it for residents and non residents alike.

The new political landscape is totally different now than it was 2 years ago. Agendas and posturing change daily at warp speed. We live in way different times now.

This is FACT. No state at the present moment is immune from this movement. It isn't about the trapping or the hunting, but everything about not wanting any of them killed. Doesnt matter the number 1 or 10,000, any is too many.

Been in this business along time defending trapping in this State. There will be people who help, people who will not, and people that tell you how to do things. The ones who help will make the difference. The others are probably better sitting on the sidelines coaching, thats a super good job for them. We know for sure they wont screw a good effort up. Your either part of the problem, or part of the solution. Dont get butt hurt, thats just the facts of life fellas.
.....is there a link where we can join the state assoc?

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/27/20 03:02 AM

www.coloradotrapper.com

And thank you to all that choose to help!!
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: Colorado at it again - 04/27/20 03:57 PM

Todd provided the contact info for Colorado's Wildlife Commission back toward the beginning of this thread. Letters to individual Wildlife Commissioners need to be addressed now to provide input for the virtual meeting held later this week.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums