Home

Check the logic

Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Check the logic - 04/30/20 02:15 PM

We were told “don’t touch your face, that’s how you will catch it”. Now we are told “you must wear a face mask to stop its spread”.

Logic tells me, you have to touch your face and mask multiple times while in public, with the hands that touch everything else that has been touched by everyone else, the touched their face and mask multiple times

Chang my mind!
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Check the logic - 04/30/20 02:31 PM

You're only supposed to handle the mask via the straps. The virus, we're told enters through the mucus membranes of the eyes and nose.

So wash your hands before you touch your face.
Posted By: Co�s

Re: Check the logic - 04/30/20 02:36 PM

^^^^^^^^ Yup, wash your hands good first and you're good to go.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Check the logic - 04/30/20 03:41 PM

But yet the virus is so small it will not be stopped by a mask it will flow through. Add in 80%+ mask are on incorrect makes it all very questionable to me.
Posted By: cmj

Re: Check the logic - 04/30/20 03:43 PM

Next we will need a blindfold to go out in public.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Check the logic - 04/30/20 04:57 PM

I have a spray can of Lysol in my truck if I feel there is a risk (people) I give my hands a spray before and after dealing with people or things the have touched like gas pumps.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Check the logic - 04/30/20 05:05 PM

Mind games. First they scare the begeebers out of everyone saying how deadly this virus is. Now the mask and checking peoples temperature are the placebos to make folks feel safe again.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Check the logic - 04/30/20 05:08 PM

what they danced around and didn't want to admit for fear of hysteria

is the corona 19 is and always has been Sars-2 and it is and always has been air born for short range. this is why the pushed the 6 feet and 6 feet outside or in a well vented area is probably enough

but in poorly vented areas not near enough

and are now pushing everyone wear a mask because what you really need is the sick wearing masks but >50% don't know they are sick at least not for days after being contagious.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Check the logic - 04/30/20 05:12 PM

Masks are supposed to help by controlling sick peoples sneezing and coughing on everything when they're out and about
Law Dog i have kept disinfectant in my vehicles for 30 some years using it more often starting with the Holiday Season (cold, flu season) Had my last bout with pneumonia 25 years ago have been high risk since grade school Never once expected or needed someone else to watch over me
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Check the logic - 04/30/20 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
The virus, we're told enters through the mucus membranes of the eyes and nose.

So we are required to wear a mask but what about eye protection?

Re: Check the logic - 04/30/20 05:24 PM

Some facilities do have face shields for that purpose. But most people aren't going to sneeze or spit in your face if they could help it, which is what the masks are supposed to stop. Or you could wear lab goggles. But don't give anyone more ideas ..
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Check the logic - 04/30/20 05:33 PM

Full government supplied air hazmat suits mandatory for everyone it is.

Re: Check the logic - 04/30/20 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by jeff karsten
Masks are supposed to help by controlling sick peoples sneezing and coughing on everything when they're out and about
Law Dog i have kept disinfectant in my vehicles for 30 some years using it more often starting with the Holiday Season (cold, flu season) Had my last bout with pneumonia 25 years ago have been high risk since grade school Never once expected or needed someone else to watch over me

the wife was asking what will we take from this covid time with us into the future

I said disinfecting hands every time I get into the truck from being out in stores and such , just going to make it the new normal , it will likely help with colds and flu in future years.

Re: Check the logic - 04/30/20 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Full government supplied air hazmat suits mandatory for everyone it is.

can I just get a steepen for that ?

I liked my North-star mask back when I did chemical repackaging much more than the government variety.

Re: Check the logic - 04/30/20 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by 20scout
Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
The virus, we're told enters through the mucus membranes of the eyes and nose.

So we are required to wear a mask but what about eye protection?

what you weren't already wearing Z87.2 eye protection virtually every waking hour

I guess I am unique I have to wear it often enough I just have it as my prescription glasses for every day
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Check the logic - 04/30/20 05:41 PM

Baa, baa, black sheep have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full!
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: Check the logic - 04/30/20 05:46 PM

And we’ve been told for years that the overuse of antibiotics is bad for us because we are helping develop “resistant viruses and bacteria”

Well hello let’s give “shout out” to the geniuses that just gave that whole process a boost

Re: Check the logic - 04/30/20 05:55 PM

Trappers outta be immune to everything anyways. We're constantly exposed to potential tetanus, giardia, tularemia, roundworm, and who knows what else. Doesn't work out that way but we have it better than the megacity dwellers
Posted By: otterc

Re: Check the logic - 04/30/20 05:57 PM

I have been picking my nose all spring. Still have not got the covid. Before the covid shutdown had kids sneezing on me all day because I am a teacher. Ran my spring beaver line as normal. Went turkey hunting as I usually do. Actually went more than I usually do. Helped my neighbor get a nice bird and went with my brother a couple times. I sure would like to get back to normal. We will know in a couple of months when we are able to really take a look at the data and see what was done right and what was not. I know which way I am leaning.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Check the logic - 04/30/20 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101
Mind games. First they scare the begeebers out of everyone saying how deadly this virus is. Now the mask and checking peoples temperature are the placebos to make folks feel safe again.

This^^^^....is correct!!!
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Check the logic - 04/30/20 06:23 PM

it's baaaaaaaaaad

Re: Check the logic - 04/30/20 09:29 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: Check the logic - 04/30/20 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
But yet the virus is so small it will not be stopped by a mask it will flow through. Add in 80%+ mask are on incorrect makes it all very questionable to me.

Yup. Feel good only.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Check the logic - 04/30/20 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Coös
[Linked Image]

That would be correct if coronavirus was a liquid stream, but it's a virus that travels easily on snot and spit droplets, so unless your mask is sealed around your moth and nose, it's not doing anything. That's why they make such a big deal about N95 masks having a proper fit. All these homemade masks you see people wearing have huge gaps up by the nose, and smaller gaps by the cheeks and chin. Usually the gaps by the nose are big enough to stick two fingers in. They can maybe catch a cough or a sneeze, but they do absolutely nothing to catch the microscopic snot and spit droplets that you inhale and exhale every time you breathe.
Posted By: washxc

Re: Check the logic - 04/30/20 10:47 PM

Otterc is my favorite post of 2020 so far.
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Check the logic - 05/01/20 02:08 AM

Bull Hocky
That’s what all this is.

Re: Check the logic - 05/01/20 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Coös
[Linked Image]

Except a sneeze is more of a fire hose or a pressure washer in comparison. Urine exits at about 1 mph or less, A cough 50mph, a sneeze upwards of 100mph.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Check the logic - 05/01/20 02:44 AM

Dpoken like a man who does NOT drink Lonestar

Re: Check the logic - 05/01/20 02:51 AM

Now I gotta figure out how to clock my urine

Re: Check the logic - 05/01/20 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Dpoken like a man who does NOT drink Lonestar

Double processing fluids dont count.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums