Home

Fence Pliers

Posted By: wv4ster

Fence Pliers - 05/02/20 01:09 AM

I need to buy new fence pliers, my old ones are too hard to open. They have been beat on too much. What is the best brand to buy? I have a bunch of fence to build this summer. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: TraderVic

Re: Fence Pliers - 05/02/20 01:30 AM

Until last year, I had two different fence pliers, the 40 year old Crescent brand broke, leaving my channel lock brand the only one left. It has been a good, reliable fencing plier. I did call Crescent Tools and they blew me off.
Posted By: run

Re: Fence Pliers - 05/02/20 01:32 AM

Channel Lock. My local do it Best Hardware store stands behind channel lock if you buy it from them.
Posted By: Dale Brehe

Re: Fence Pliers - 05/03/20 05:23 PM

Channel lock makes a lot better pliers than crescent anymore. My hands just wish they didn't know what a fence pliers is. They've spent way too much time using one.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Fence Pliers - 05/03/20 05:57 PM

I have 2 pair of old ones made in the 50s that I use for trapping but I did also by 2 sets of the Dewalts for actual fencing and they are impressive. Beings they are yellow and black I have half a chance of seeing where I laid them down LOL
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Fence Pliers - 05/05/20 12:40 AM

Two good pair of vise grip fence pliers locked in my truck tool box, the black handle cheap ones in tractor tool boxes so when they get lost or missing by others im not that mad
Posted By: jctunnelrat

Re: Fence Pliers - 05/05/20 12:46 AM

Get the red handled fencing pliers from Tractor Supply. They are inexpensive and I've had mine for twenty some years.
Posted By: Outlaw99

Re: Fence Pliers - 05/05/20 02:10 AM

https://www.mooremaker.com/store/c2/FENCE_BUILDING_EQUIPMENT_AND_TOOLS.html
Posted By: Outlaw99

Re: Fence Pliers - 05/05/20 02:10 AM

Everything they make is good stuff
Posted By: Trappercass

Re: Fence Pliers - 05/05/20 02:37 AM

Moore maker would get my vote as well
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Fence Pliers - 05/05/20 02:00 PM

The ones you can find. I have 6. So I can find one on my farm fast. All cheap ones.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Fence Pliers - 05/05/20 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by run
Channel Lock. My local do it Best Hardware store stands behind channel lock if you buy it from them.

X2
Posted By: wildcat101

Re: Fence Pliers - 05/05/20 06:11 PM

i bought a pair of channel lock pliers over 25 years ago for trapping and fencing
they are very well made and very tuff.all the pliers I own are channel lock.
and they are all made in the u.s.a.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums