Any turkeys? - 05/07/20 02:31 PM

I’m still out of luck
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Any turkeys? - 05/07/20 02:31 PM

Keep at it.
Posted By: WV Danimal

Re: Any turkeys? - 05/07/20 02:49 PM

[Linked Image]

This one put me to the test! Sat up at 6:30 and pulled the trigger at 9:30. Gobbled and strutted within 50 yards the entire time but I could not see him until he finally left his lil spot and came around the blow down that separated us. I actually got spasms in my back when I tried to stand up straight lol....

Re: Any turkeys? - 05/07/20 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by WV Danimal
[Linked Image]

This one put me to the test! Sat up at 6:30 and pulled the trigger at 9:30. Gobbled and strutted within 50 yards the entire time but I could not see him until he finally left his lil spot and came around the blow down that separated us. I actually got spasms in my back when I tried to stand up straight lol....

Congrats
Posted By: PA.Trapper

Re: Any turkeys? - 05/07/20 03:00 PM

Had the safety off again today for the 3rd time in last 2 days on the big boy I've been hunting all week but he hung at about 60 yds.and I'm just not taking that shot so I let him walk again today.he was alone yesterday but he had two hens,one which is bearded and was 12 ft.from me and 3 Jake's today. I'll be back on him tomorrow. Patience young man, patience. That's one of the most important things in hunting turkeys. Good luck to you. We'll be waiting for pictures.
Posted By: Patrice

Re: Any turkeys? - 05/07/20 04:28 PM

I got mine on April 24 in Wisconsin. I was out calling and had a couple of very distant toms gobbling back at fly down. Shortly thereafter, three jakes came sneaking up to my decoys and I took one down. My hunt was wrapped up and I was back at the house at 6:30 a.m. It's been years since I've shot a jake, but I didn't have the time to get picky. Just wish I had a little more meat! No photos on that one, but it was fun!

Re: Any turkeys? - 05/07/20 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Patrice
I got mine on April 24 in Wisconsin. I was out calling and had a couple of very distant toms gobbling back at fly down. Shortly thereafter, three jakes came sneaking up to my decoys and I took one down. My hunt was wrapped up and I was back at the house at 6:30 a.m. It's been years since I've shot a jake, but I didn't have the time to get picky. Just wish I had a little more meat! No photos on that one, but it was fun!

Congrats
Posted By: grayfox54

Re: Any turkeys? - 05/07/20 05:26 PM

Passed on a Jake yesterday morning. Called in a coyote this morning no wonder I didn’t hear any gobbling, couldn’t get a shot. He disappeared behind a hump then I called again, next thing I see it ran back down the way it came, he circled me then got my scent. Next Jake I see isn’t going to be that lucky

Re: Any turkeys? - 05/07/20 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by grayfox54
Passed on a Jake yesterday morning. Called in a coyote this morning no wonder I didn’t hear any gobbling, couldn’t get a shot. He disappeared behind a hump then I called again, next thing I see it ran back down the way it came, he circled me then got my scent. Next Jake I see isn’t going to be that lucky

To bad you couldn't have shot the coyote.The biggest reason I think why tom turkeys go silent.
Posted By: Prn

Re: Any turkeys? - 05/07/20 06:25 PM

[Linked Image]

Got this one, the first afternoon I hunted. It was a short sweet season for me.
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: Any turkeys? - 05/07/20 06:38 PM

I killed one, but this is the worst season I can remember since I started turkey hunting in 1989. I haven’t heard a bird for nearly two weeks. My 11 year old keeps asking why I don’t take him, but turkey hunt without turkeys gets boring fast. I’d at least like to know there are turkeys nearby. This is his first year without a bird since he was 8.
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: Any turkeys? - 05/07/20 07:08 PM

We are 3 for 3 here. Wife got a bearded hen day two. I got a Tom about a week ago. Son got a Tom this morning. Both my son and I passed up nice birds and then both got excited by the birds we shot. We gat rushed by them and in the heat of it we took them. Not complaining, we had plenty of birds this year.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Any turkeys? - 05/07/20 09:06 PM

3 for 6 so far might try a county tag in the morning running out of time only a few nice days of weather in the forecast ahead.
Black Hills bird.

[Linked Image]

Re: Any turkeys? - 05/07/20 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by WV Danimal
[Linked Image]

Hammer time! wink
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Any turkeys? - 05/08/20 05:11 PM

Here are some that lestan101 sent to me from his Phone that he had friends got on his place
I'll let him do the comments

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Any turkeys? - 05/08/20 05:13 PM

Nice pile of birds there, sweet deal.
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Any turkeys? - 05/08/20 05:34 PM

[Linked Image]
I got nice yearling !
Posted By: lestan101

Re: Any turkeys? - 05/08/20 05:36 PM

Thanks Scuba. The two pics with the young lady is my neighbor he is raising his granddaughter. The gobbler was her first bird. They doubled up on the jakes on another day. They killed their turkeys on my food plot in my blind. Mine are the other turkeys. I killed my first ever jake because I was hunting with really old Lefever double gun, 34 inch barrels mod by mod. Thanks for the help posting Scuba.
Posted By: lestan101

Re: Any turkeys? - 05/08/20 05:43 PM

Thanks Law Dog, we work hard on food plots and scouting and usually have alot of birds.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Any turkeys? - 05/08/20 05:57 PM

Went in a little early before checking traps to listen...

https://youtu.be/qmchn-i68wk
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Any turkeys? - 05/08/20 06:46 PM

The amount of work you put into those plots and blinds. You deserve every bird you get outa there

Re: Any turkeys? - 05/08/20 06:49 PM

Congrats to all
Posted By: grayfox54

Re: Any turkeys? - 05/08/20 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce T
Originally Posted by grayfox54

To bad you couldn't have shot the coyote.The biggest reason I think why tom turkeys go silent.

Went to the same area this morning heard one gobble one time that was it!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums