Home

GA Shooting

Posted By: stinkypete

GA Shooting - 05/08/20 10:13 PM

What happened
Posted By: J Staton

Re: GA Shooting - 05/08/20 10:24 PM

If you listen to the media, two white guys chased a black guy down and shot him just because he was black. I suspect it to be more like a Travon Martin incident. Over zealous home owners playing police.
Posted By: Boco

Re: GA Shooting - 05/08/20 10:42 PM

Two guys fighting over a gun-one got shot.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/08/20 10:52 PM

Just saw news. Then I looked up the video. Pretty plain. Now the ? Why did it take 2 months to arrest and charge the father and son. And the other ? The fella filming on his phone posted it on social media. I sometimes wonder has anything really changed. One thing I know for sure. Trump will get blamed for this as well.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: GA Shooting - 05/08/20 11:08 PM

The original DA refused to press charges. Apparently one or both of the white guys had ties to the office. One was also a retired deputy I think.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/08/20 11:12 PM

Wow. Sad. The fella didn't get shot by the guy he was wrestling with over the shotgun. He was gunned down by the father who was in the back of the truck bed.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: GA Shooting - 05/08/20 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by elkaholic
The original DA refused to press charges. Apparently one or both of the white guys had ties to the office. One was also a retired deputy I think.

The older suspect worked with the original DA for 20 years, so the original DA recused himself.
Posted By: wr otis

Re: GA Shooting - 05/09/20 02:01 AM

Home owner was former police officer. Sounds like several people called 911 about a black guy running thru the neighborhood where they had several prior burglaries.

Where was black guy actually from and why was he jogging there? Asking as I don't know.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: GA Shooting - 05/09/20 02:19 AM

I could only find highly edited versions of the video that jump up the road a few hundred feet between edits, so maybe 30 seconds or more was edited out. The videos don't show the initial contact or escalation. There is no way to tell who is at fault in the edited videos.

I see no reason to edit the videos except to make the father and son appear guilty. Does anyone have a link to the full, unaltered video?

Keith
Posted By: rex123

Re: GA Shooting - 05/09/20 02:55 AM

They screwed up big time.
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: GA Shooting - 05/09/20 02:56 AM

Was wondering when this would be brought up here..
Posted By: Pike River

Re: GA Shooting - 05/09/20 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by stinkypete
Just saw news. Then I looked up the video. Pretty plain. Now the ? Why did it take 2 months to arrest and charge the father and son. And the other ? The fella filming on his phone posted it on social media. I sometimes wonder has anything really changed. One thing I know for sure. Trump will get blamed for this as well.

The father was connected is the reason nothing happened at first. Sickening...I cant stand good old boys.

Trump will get blamed....yeah probably.....the left will just use this to further their agenda.
Posted By: warrior

Re: GA Shooting - 05/09/20 12:59 PM

Lots of mistakes made in this deal. The first being committing a burglary in a neighborhood on heightened alert with live action cameras and overzealous neighborhood watch.

It all went downhill from there.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/09/20 01:04 PM

Did the black guy live around there?

You would think the father, former police officer would have understood what was legal and what wasn't.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/09/20 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
Lots of mistakes made in this deal. The first being committing a burglary in a neighborhood on heightened alert with live action cameras and overzealous neighborhood watch.

It all went downhill from there.

Do we know if this guy that got shot was actually the one committing burglaries? From what I understand there's no reason to suspect that the guy that got shot was the burglary suspect, but I may be wrong. My understanding is that the shooters saw this guy running through the neighborhood and called 911 and told dispatch that there was a black guy running through the neighborhood and he might be the burglary suspect, and then they grabbed guns and hopped in their truck to go confront him. I haven't heard why they though he was the burglary suspect though.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/09/20 01:20 PM

My understanding is that a home under construction was burglarized triggering a cellular motion camera alerting the neighborhood and that phone calls were made to be on the watch to catch the guy. This started the chain of events.
I also understand that the recused prosecutor is on record as saying that the "victim" has been positively identified as the burglar.

Now as to the chain of events leading to the death, I lack understanding of just how that played out. At first blush I can only assume errors were made in escalating things that led to a confrontation.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/09/20 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
My understanding is that a home under construction was burglarized triggering a cellular motion camera alerting the neighborhood and that phone calls were made to be on the watch to catch the guy. This started the chain of events.
I also understand that the recused prosecutor is on record as saying that the "victim" has been positively identified as the burglar.

Now as to the chain of events leading to the death, I lack understanding of just how that played out. At first blush I can only assume errors were made in escalating things that led to a confrontation.

Interesting, I hadn't heard that. Good to know, too. Bad decisions all around I guess.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/09/20 01:37 PM

I hope the facts can come out, whatever that may be, without third parties inserting agendas and proper justice meted out where deserved.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/09/20 02:12 PM

It's probably too late for that, unfortunately.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/09/20 02:28 PM

The news paper from that town where shooting took place said the only call the police had taken about theft from that area had been made by the young man who did the shooting.He had left his truck unlocked a few weeks before and some one had stolen a pistol from it. The police stated that there had been no reports of burglary in the neighborhood.
Posted By: rvsask

Re: GA Shooting - 05/09/20 03:04 PM

Was wondering when this would be brought up here.

Me too. I'd have actually bet on never.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/09/20 11:03 PM

The news today is bringing more out. Bits and pieces. I am going to hold my thoughts until all evidence comes to light. The joggers mother stated. Just because her son was seen at the construction site does not give anyone the right to shoot him. So here we go again. Florida and MIssouri

Re: GA Shooting - 05/10/20 06:49 PM

I watched a video clip on Fox this morning, sure looked like that innocent jogger. Jogging his way right into that house that had been robbed.
Posted By: wildflights

Re: GA Shooting - 05/10/20 07:30 PM

Video of the house that was entered can be seen here. https://www.chicagotribune.com/nati...10-47ezvg5esrdd3lb35fxati6fpu-story.html It's in double or triple time, the "jogger" is seen entering and leaving the house between the 13 and 15 minute marks.

Shooting video can be seen here. https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9HlLa_1588700357

Re: GA Shooting - 05/10/20 07:58 PM

The full video clearly shows that the jogger attacked the guy with the shotgun. If they were all of the same race, I seriously doubt anyone would be charged.

Keith
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: GA Shooting - 05/10/20 08:08 PM

The media pushed the jogging thing it will all come out in time after the damage is done most likely.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/10/20 08:14 PM

I don't see how anyone who saw the full video, that Wildflights posted the link to, can fail to comprehend that the jogger turned, ran at and attacked the guy with the shotgun, resulting in the jogger being fatally shot. The edited videos shown by all the major news organizations I saw footage shown by, were edited to just show the jogger peacefully jogging and then the struggle at the end.

The people in the news media have an obvious agenda to make Americans hate each other.

Keith
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: GA Shooting - 05/10/20 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC

The people in the news media have an obvious agenda to make Americans hate each other.

Keith

It’s working.
Posted By: Michigander

Re: GA Shooting - 05/10/20 08:40 PM

I don't see where the race of anyone matters. You don't see someone jogging down the road and take off after them armed just because your truck got broken into a few weeks prior. If all the evidence presented in the media turns out true then it should be a short trial. Lock 'em up and throw away the key.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/10/20 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Michigander
I don't see where the race of anyone matters. You don't see someone jogging down the road and take off after them armed just because your truck got broken into a few weeks prior. If all the evidence presented in the media turns out true then it should be a short trial. Lock 'em up and throw away the key.

They had video of that specific jogger setting off an alarm where he was not supposed to be. He was not selected because of race. He was selected because he was videotaped committing a crime.

Keith

Re: GA Shooting - 05/10/20 08:52 PM

There are cultures where it is acceptable to watch your neighborhood and intervene when a crime is witnessed and some cultures it is not only acceptable to mind your own business and do nothing when witnessing a crime, but is expected.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/10/20 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Michigander

They had video of that specific jogger setting off an alarm where he was not supposed to be. He was not selected because of race. He was selected because he was videotaped committing a crime.

Keith

Being a known criminal doesn't make it okay to grab a gun and hop in your truck and run down the road to confront the guy. That was a stupid choice on the shooters part. Even dumber though on the dead guys part (because it resulted in his death) was to fight a guy pointing a shotgun at him when he knew why said shotgun was pointed at him. Bad choices all around I guess.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/10/20 09:26 PM

Question , why didn't the guy watching from behind the tree in the second video go over and ask him what he was doing if he was breaking the law?
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: GA Shooting - 05/10/20 09:38 PM

Probly shouldn't attack a guy holding a shotygun,,especially when his kin are nearby with .357 magnums,,AND you just ran away from somewhere you didn't belong to begin with.Just my opinion.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/10/20 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by loosegoose

Being a known criminal doesn't make it okay to grab a gun and hop in your truck and run down the road to confront the guy. That was a stupid choice on the shooters part. Even dumber though on the dead guys part (because it resulted in his death) was to fight a guy pointing a shotgun at him when he knew why said shotgun was pointed at him. Bad choices all around I guess.

The jogger was fleeing the scene after setting off an alarm. The men with the shotguns had seen many previous videos of him acting illegally going back as far as October of 2019 and were notified he just did it again It is not illegal for citizens to capture fleeing criminals in Georgia.

https://www.wsav.com/crime-safety/gbi-reviewing-additional-surveillance-video-in-ahmaud-arbery-case/

I think the two guys with the shotguns could have handled it better. I don't think they committed murder or even manslaughter.

Keith
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: GA Shooting - 05/10/20 10:05 PM

My inexpert opinion from what I have heard.

The "jogger" was 10 miles from his house in cargo shorts and what looks like boots, how often does someone jog 10 miles away from home in cargo shorts and boots?
The "jogger" was taped entering a house under construction
The "jogger" was on probation and the "father" had interrogated him previously and would have recognized him, if he was arrested he would be breaking probation from bringing a gun to a school basketball game and then stealing a TV.

imo the "jogger" realized he was identified and going to be arrested, when the truck stopped in the middle of the road in front of the "jogger" he ran towards it the "father" and "son" told the "jogger" to stop as police had been called, the "jogger" then attacked the "son" who had a shotgun, he tried to take the shotgun.

I think the "jogger" realized he was made and his only way of avoiding jail was to kill the witness.

The media is spinning this as a bunch of White people are hunting down black people, per capita blacks kill 11 white people to every black person killed by a white person.

Did anyone hear the story about the elderly couple in Delaware who were shot at range with a hunting rifle while they were visiting their sons grave? Of course you didnt because that is an actual case of a black man hunting down and killing two elderly white people, that doesnt fit the narrative.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: GA Shooting - 05/10/20 10:09 PM

Another thug dead.Next story.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: GA Shooting - 05/10/20 10:10 PM

What about the Dollar Tree store shooting was that white on white or black on white?

Re: GA Shooting - 05/10/20 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
What about the Dollar Tree store shooting was that white on white or black on white?

Black on Black.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/10/20 10:16 PM

Got ya.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/10/20 10:47 PM

We've got the mayor of Atlanta weighing in on just how racist Georgia is. So racist in fact that a black woman got elected as mayor of Atlanta.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/10/20 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by loosegoose

The jogger was fleeing the scene after setting off an alarm. The men with the shotguns had seen many previous videos of him acting illegally going back as far as October of 2019 and were notified he just did it again It is not illegal for citizens to capture fleeing criminals in Georgia.

https://www.wsav.com/crime-safety/gbi-reviewing-additional-surveillance-video-in-ahmaud-arbery-case/

I think the two guys with the shotguns could have handled it better. I don't think they committed murder or even manslaughter.

Keith

I don't necessarily think they're guilty of anything either, except poor judgement. Even if innocent in a court of law, they've already been judged guilty in a court of public opinion, and that judgement will probably make their life miserable.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 12:31 AM

The law in Georgia states that to make a citizens arrest you have to see the person commit the crime. Not assume they did.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by rex123
The law in Georgia states that to make a citizens arrest you have to see the person commit the crime. Not assume they did.

So would watching multiple videos of the jogger comiting crimes count?

Keith

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 01:22 AM

The police don't mention multiple videos of him comiting crimes. Not saying he didn't but they didn't see him and weren't there when he did. Also who was the guy in the second video watching him go into what looked like the garage and was hiding behind the tree?

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 01:46 AM

I said earlier I was holding judgement. A lot of info has come out. 2 families lives have changed for ever. Jogger was no jogger. Another thug that got caught. Father and son took the law into there own hands. Now they will have to deal with consequences The media is going to portray this as a hate crime for sure. Sad situation for sure. They are already blaming Trump. OMG
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 01:49 AM

'magine that!
Orange man bad.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Two guys fighting over a gun-one got shot.

Yep the guy that attacked the one holding the shotgun got shot.
Posted By: danvee

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 02:58 PM

I did not see him taking anything in the video looks suspicious but guilty of trespassing for sure. Not sure what Georgia laws are for citizens arrest but If I had a gun pulled on me I would fight back. Its going to be an interesting case and a lot of politics for sure.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 05:57 PM

The police don't mention multiple videos of him comiting crimes. Not saying he didn't but they didn't see him and weren't there when he did. Also who was the guy in the second video watching him go into what looked like the garage and was hiding behind the tree?

Rex123- That is a camera set up for home security. That isn't a guy hiding behind a tree. The map suggests that camera is likely on the house of the defendants.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ng-construction-site-leaving-handed.html

Attached picture ahmaud shooting map.PNG

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 06:32 PM

You think he was jogging because you were told he was a innocent jogger and believed it or wanted to believe it.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by danvee
I did not see him taking anything in the video looks suspicious but guilty of trespassing for sure. Not sure what Georgia laws are for citizens arrest but If I had a gun pulled on me I would fight back. Its going to be an interesting case and a lot of politics for sure.

Alarm went off and he fled.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 07:54 PM

There is a man at the top of the screen . When the black guy leaves the house and goes into the garage at 2:13 on the film look at the very top of the film and you will see him walk down that street and watch the guy in the garage and looks like he steps behind the large tree then after the black guy leaves the garage and goes down the street you see him walking in the same direction then turn around and go back the way he came. If you can't see him put it on full screen. On my device he is where the seconds are counting down or try full screen. My point is why didn't he do something if the guy was breaking the law? And no I'm not saying he was innocent as it appears he had no point in being there but to kill someone for trespass is a little rough.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 08:03 PM

There is a man at the top of the screen . When the black guy leaves the house and goes into the garage at 2:13 on the film look at the very top of the film and you will see him walk down that street and watch the guy in the garage and looks like he steps behind the large tree then after the black guy leaves the garage and goes down the street you see him walking in the same direction then turn around and go back the way he came. If you can't see him put it on full screen. On my device he is where the seconds are counting down or try full screen. My point is why didn't he do something if the guy was breaking the law? And no I'm not saying he was innocent as it appears he had no point in being there but to kill someone for trespass is a little rough.

Was he shot for trespass or fighting over the gun maybe?
Posted By: hippie

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 08:03 PM

This guy should have never been shot, from the info so far.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 08:10 PM

The point is those 2 had not seen him do anything and under Georgia law they were wrong to confront him with guns as by doing that they were breaking the law. Not saying he wasn't a crook but they should have called police and followed him until they got there.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 08:24 PM

Citizen's Arrests

As a private citizen, you have no authority to arrest anyone with a warrant. Without a warrant, you may arrest anyone who commits a mis-demeanor or a felony in your presence or with your immediate knowledge. A citizen's arrest occurs when a citizen prevents a suspect from leaving a scene. Citizen's arrest most often happens in cases like shoplifting, when the store's manager detains the suspected offender. However, as the following example shows, the manager or employee cannot make such an arrest in every case.

In Winn Dixie Stores Inc. v. Nichols, 205 Ga. App. 308, 422 S.E. 2d 209 (1992), a Winn Dixie customer complained to management that another customer stole her wallet. The court held that the limited rights of merchants to detain or arrest a person reasonably believed to have committed a shoplifting offense do not authorize a merchant to detain or arrest individuals accused by store patrons of committing crimes against other patrons. To make the arrest, an employee would have had to actually see the criminal act committed. Therefore, it was ruled that management had no authority to arrest the alleged criminal.The court suggested that the only person who could have made the citizen's arrest was the robbed customer herself.

When making a citizen's arrest, a person may not use more force than is reasonable to make the arrest. Deadly force is limited to self-defense or to instances in which such force is necessary to prevent certain felonies.

It must be stressed that the right of private citizens to make a citizen's arrest is limited. They cannot arrest people for violating local ordinances or regulations because these violations are not technically crimes as defined by state law.Therefore, as a private citizen, you would not have the authority to arrest a person who is creating a disturbance by making too much noise. In addition, a private person can only make a citizen's arrest for the purpose of bringing the suspect before a judicial officer.

The force used to make the “arrest” turned deadly when the “jogger” went after the guy with the gun. Odds are 12 people won’t read it the same as it is written.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Citizen's Arrests

As a private citizen, you have no authority to arrest anyone with a warrant. Without a warrant, you may arrest anyone who commits a mis-demeanor or a felony in your presence or with your immediate knowledge. A citizen's arrest occurs when a citizen prevents a suspect from leaving a scene. Citizen's arrest most often happens in cases like shoplifting, when the store's manager detains the suspected offender. However, as the following example shows, the manager or employee cannot make such an arrest in every case.

In Winn Dixie Stores Inc. v. Nichols, 205 Ga. App. 308, 422 S.E. 2d 209 (1992), a Winn Dixie customer complained to management that another customer stole her wallet. The court held that the limited rights of merchants to detain or arrest a person reasonably believed to have committed a shoplifting offense do not authorize a merchant to detain or arrest individuals accused by store patrons of committing crimes against other patrons. To make the arrest, an employee would have had to actually see the criminal act committed. Therefore, it was ruled that management had no authority to arrest the alleged criminal.The court suggested that the only person who could have made the citizen's arrest was the robbed customer herself.

When making a citizen's arrest, a person may not use more force than is reasonable to make the arrest. Deadly force is limited to self-defense or to instances in which such force is necessary to prevent certain felonies.

It must be stressed that the right of private citizens to make a citizen's arrest is limited. They cannot arrest people for violating local ordinances or regulations because these violations are not technically crimes as defined by state law.Therefore, as a private citizen, you would not have the authority to arrest a person who is creating a disturbance by making too much noise. In addition, a private person can only make a citizen's arrest for the purpose of bringing the suspect before a judicial officer.

The force used to make the “arrest” turned deadly when the “jogger” went after the guy with the gun. Odds are 12 people won’t read it the same as it is written.

They guys with the shotguns saw multiple videos of the man, they caught fleeing the scene, breaking the law, dating back to October of 2019. I would guess that would qualify as "immediate knowledge".

Keith

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 08:34 PM

The guy didn't get shot for trespassing, he got shot for attacking the guy holding a gun

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
The guy didn't get shot for trespassing, he got shot for attacking the guy holding a gun

Bingo!

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 08:37 PM

This incident sure raises an important question. How many people know the laws in the state they are currently residing in?

How many folks traveling through other states take the time to review laws they may be affected by?

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 08:41 PM

The MSM sold it as a innocent jogger and many folks just can’t get past that even after seeing the video it seems. Should he be shot for trespassing no, but what about trying to take the shotgun away?

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 08:43 PM

I'm thinking this'll probably end up like the Zimmerman/trayvon Martin thing. Someone follows someone suspected of breaking the law, and the confrontation turns deadly due to the dead guy trying to fight a guy with a gun. Not illegal to follow someone, but dumb a dumb choice. And an even dumber choice to fight gets made by the dead guy, resulting in his death. In the he end the shooters will probably be found innocent but broke and devastated.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 08:47 PM

If your holding a shotgun and someone attacks you then grabs and pulls the shotgun it may go off unintentionally as well.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 08:50 PM

If someone tried to take a gun away from your son or loved one would you shoot them before they might do them harm?

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 08:53 PM

That looks like another concerned neighbor. He is not dressed like either of the McMichaels.

I think this is an interesting case. I don't believe that confronting a trespasser/burglar is a huge hurdle for a defense attorney in this case. It obviously opens them up to civil and criminal cases that will likely bankrupt a family.

However the actual shooting video appears favorable for a defense lawyer. The jury will be asked to put themselves in the shoes of those involved. I don't believe that most jurors will see themselves running towards an obvious threat with a shotgun. It is evident that threat was perceived by Ahmeads movements and using the vehicle for cover to close the distance. Once that distance was closed, Ahmead grabbed the barrel of the shotgun in an attempt to overpower McMichael. Ahmead subsequently lost part of his hand during the initial contact with the first blast. The next few seconds of the video show him pressing the attack which would have been effective and likely victorious if not for that damaged hand.

Alternatively, there are many here and I suspect in the Georgia jury pool that will relate to neighborhood watch and the attempt to care for their neighbors and neighborhood. The idea of standing in the middle of the street holding a shotgun will be a reach for many of those same jurors. I wonder how they'll relate. It is obvious from the video that Ahmeads reaction is unexpected and poorly handled with some chaos. Once physical contact is made, there is undeniably a fight for your life situation on both sides. Apparently in Georgia, it's not self defense because there is no felony committed. At least according to DA #3.

In the end it'll come down to jury selection. It wouldn't surprise me if there is a not guilty verdict. I think charging that father makes that more likely. In any case, I don't see the father being found guilty. The son may end up with manslaughter.

Overall I think it's a great video to think through how your actions may or may not cause a desired response. Kind of like divorce, each party has a large vote in how things go.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
If someone tried to take a gun away from your son or loved one would you shoot them before they might do them harm?

Instantly and legally justifiably.

Keith
Posted By: beeman

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 09:02 PM

Ahmaud Arbery: Owner of construction property says he was not robbed

Central to the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery has been the idea that the young man was a suspect in a string of robberies. However, police have refuted that claim as there were no thefts in the Brunswick, GA neighborhood in the weeks leading up to the slaying.

Now, the owner of the house that Arbery was seen inside has spoken out saying that his property was not robbed. Previously, there was confusion around whether or not the young went into the house or only looked in the window. According to reports, it has been determined that he did enter into the house.

Larry English, the man who owns the house under construction, told The Washington Post that the structure was not robbed.

“That’s completely wrong. I’ve never had a police report or anything stolen from my property, or any kind of robbery,” he said.

The waterfront house was supposed to be a retirement home for English and his wife but now says that he will probably never live on the property. He claims that he has been receiving death threats, and his wife is afraid to ever move in.

Complete article link here: https://thegrio.com/2020/05/11/ahmaud-arbery-construction-property-was-not-robbed/

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 10:02 PM

Some guy comes jogging down the road, and takes a detour thru my living room. He better arm his self.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 10:13 PM

Anyone else starting to see a pattern with this kinda stuff happening ? Really starting to think this stuff is just happening to distract a good portion of Americans for a few months while other stuff happens
Posted By: Hutchy

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 10:18 PM

this is a good explanation

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 10:22 PM

If they had multiple videos of him breaking and entering and stealing why wasn't he in jail and how come the police had never arrested him for it? Also for just a minute what would you do if you hadn't done anything wrong and 2 black guys stuck a shotgun in your face? BINGO.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 10:42 PM

If they had multiple videos of him breaking and entering and stealing why wasn't he in jail and how come the police had never arrested him for it? Also for just a minute what would you do if you hadn't done anything wrong and 2 black guys stuck a shotgun in your face? BINGO.

Where at?

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 10:45 PM

I’d follow simple directions until the law got there and straighten it out. Boom
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 10:47 PM

This wasn't the dead guys first rodeo.Them guys are gonn get off free in my opinion.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 10:48 PM

KeithC sad they had videos of him doing it.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 10:48 PM

Sure you would.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 10:54 PM

KeithC sad they had videos of him doing it.

I posted this link back on page 2.

It says in part "The property owner shared numerous videos of what all appear to be the same man walking through the home that date as far back as October 2019."

Trespass is illegal too, especially in a home.

Keith

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Hutchy

Why in the world would you post that? “We don’t care about the facts, we want the truth.”

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 11:03 PM

I agree with Wolfdog on his statement

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 11:15 PM

Thanks for the video. Very informational

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 11:52 PM

Keep running.I wouldn't be dumb enough to attack the one holding a gun.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/11/20 11:52 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: GA Shooting - 05/12/20 02:22 AM

So if anyone is curious ,social media ( espically the black side ) is all up in arms everyone I'd doing a "I runwithahumad" deal . If your white and arnt trying to boot lick your a racist and if you black and not on the band wagon or asking questions.....welllllll, let's just say many many references to raccoons are being made. Candace Owens ( shes basically the poster child for black conservatives imo ) is getting alot of hate right now by the looks of it.
As usual knee jerk reaction,racial biased ,and bleeding hearts win out. Definelty say the two good ole boys where right but at the same time well I think you know where I'm going.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/12/20 02:29 AM

Exactly

Re: GA Shooting - 05/12/20 12:38 PM

Real interesting video at the 13min mark, multiple witnesses and also multiple prior incidences related to dead "jogger".

Re: GA Shooting - 05/12/20 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91

So if anyone is curious ,social media ( espically the black side ) is all up in arms everyone I'd doing a "I runwithahumad" deal . If your white and arnt trying to boot lick your a racist and if you black and not on the band wagon or asking questions.....welllllll, let's just say many many references to raccoons are being made. Candace Owens ( shes basically the poster child for black conservatives imo ) is getting alot of hate right now by the looks of it.
As usual knee jerk reaction,racial biased ,and bleeding hearts win out. Definelty say the two good ole boys where right but at the same time well I think you know where I'm going.

Sounds like a no win when everyone already has their mind made up before the facts are presented to the jury. Probably the only part of our system I still have faith in is twelve citizens coming to their own conclusion.
That is if the crooked judges and bottom feeding lawyers don't feed them BS.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/12/20 01:09 PM

The truth is as usual, likely somewhere in the middle with a lean toward one side or the other.

Legally or not, shame he got shot and a shame this tragedy has fueled a huge division.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/12/20 01:18 PM

let's just say many many references to raccoons are being made.

to he ll with those people wolfie. No need for that BS

Re: GA Shooting - 05/12/20 01:21 PM

Hate, politics, PC will get in the way of the facts sad to say.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: GA Shooting - 05/12/20 01:28 PM

Still not sure why they needed weapons. It was a neighborhood and supposedly police had already been called. Not saying who’s right or wrong, but if someone comes at me with a weapon I’m defending myself. I may die, but it will be like this guy and trying the best I can...and I carry.
Just not smart on either side of this.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/12/20 02:40 PM

They didn't know whether that guy was armed or not. When that black dude RAN around the truck to attack the guy holding the shotgun, that's the point he volunteered to be shot.

Black guy could have stood there and done nothing and lived, but he didn't. His choice.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/12/20 02:44 PM

That would be my take on the situation.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/12/20 04:14 PM

Black kid shot by cop here a while back, running away from the car that had just done a drive by on another guy. Media made kid out to be fun loving kind hearted student athlete. Reality is he was in a car that instigated a drive by shootout, he had a pistol he left under the seat when he ran. Same pistol involved in a robbery shooting a couple days beforehand.
Kid could have stood there and done nothing and lived, but he didn't and ended up dead.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/12/20 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by wr otis
They didn't know whether that guy was armed or not. When that black dude RAN around the truck to attack the guy holding the shotgun, that's the point he volunteered to be shot.

Black guy could have stood there and done nothing and lived, but he didn't. His choice.

Exactly right.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/12/20 09:45 PM

I’m surprised they didn’t show a sonogram picture of him on the news.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/12/20 10:12 PM

Not quite a sonogram but they did put out a pic meant to create an image. The picture I saw of him was in a tux. Looked like he was going to a homecoming dance.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/12/20 11:04 PM

So, someone pulls a gun on you and you’re just going to stand there? Or I guess get on your knees and beg? Y’all folks need to make up your minds. Either your Americans or French. I’m not going to just stand around and “hope” I don’t get shot. Right or wrong I’m going to defend myself. Just stand there and hope is not in my DNA.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/12/20 11:14 PM

If a cop pulls a gun on ya, you gonna attack him?

Re: GA Shooting - 05/12/20 11:15 PM

If a cop pulls a gun on me then I‘ve done something wrong or in the wrong place at the wrong time, and no. That’s law enforcement, not two rednecks jumping out of a truck.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/12/20 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be

So, someone pulls a gun on you and you’re just going to stand there? Or I guess get on your knees and beg? Y’all folks need to make up your minds. Either your Americans or French. I’m not going to just stand around and “hope” I don’t get shot. Right or wrong I’m going to defend myself. Just stand there and hope is not in my DNA.

I’m gonna stop, tell him I’m calling the cops, get my phone and dial 911. That is, unless I’ve done something and the cops are the last people I want to see.

Chances are he didn’t know what they were doing was lawful for the state he was living in. Here, the first thing they stress in CC class is, “We don’t shoot people over stuff.” Right after we learn, don’t point a gun at anything you don’t intend to shoot.

That would have eliminated the incident being discussed.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: GA Shooting - 05/12/20 11:50 PM

lawdog for once you and i agree completely

I will add though that once again its where multiple stupid people all came together

Re: GA Shooting - 05/12/20 11:50 PM

There already ain't gonna be a good outcome out of this. A man is dead and both parties could've prevented it.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/12/20 11:56 PM

I agree. They should have confronted him without weapons or at least weapons drawn or just followed and informed him the police were on the way.
And I’ll say it again, I don’t know what he could’ve done different other that stop and hope they weren’t planning on using their weapons on him.
I don’t believe they jumped in the truck with the intent of murder, they just didn’t think it through and flew off the handle. I don’t believe it was a hate crime, just a stupid one.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/12/20 11:59 PM

Yup, they'd probly like a do-over.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/13/20 12:00 AM

Without a doubt.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/13/20 12:22 AM

Sooo another update from Social media world . Apparently some pieces of the dad at a klan/white suprimists really have popped up so that reallllly gonna help. Armed black panthers are congregating in the neighborhood and the word Lynching is being thrown around eveyother sentence. LOTS of race baiting and not to mention their taking pictures from alot of the older 2nd armed rallies from last year ( that where full of minorities mind you ) and making it look like basically whites can do what ever and we can't even jog soooooo yeah....
Posted By: Marty

Re: GA Shooting - 05/13/20 12:25 AM

wow.......
Posted By: obaro

Re: GA Shooting - 05/13/20 01:01 AM

Was/is there any record of any dialog between the parties? Did the guys in pickup say anything to identify themselves or their intentions? Did the guy running or the shooters say anything that was heard by witnesses that might shed more light on the incident? I haven't heard of any 'soundtrack' or anything.
Posted By: Art S

Re: GA Shooting - 05/13/20 01:37 AM

This happened 2 months ago , the media blew it up just as the last administration
was about to go under the microscope , I'm sure the timing was just a coincidence .
The picture Wolf referred to is available on google , it looks like him , but not confirmed .( side profile )
I feel bad for all involved , but don't believe everything you read in the papers , they have an agenda .
These 2 lay down some facts .

Re: GA Shooting - 05/13/20 01:47 AM

That's funny wanna be, because that's just what that guy thought. I'm gonna fight my way out of this situation.

Probably while he was laying there dieing in the street, he was thinking if I only knew Kung Fu.

Re: GA Shooting - 05/13/20 01:49 AM

That's funny wanna be, because that's just what that guy thought. I'm gonna fight my way out of this situation.

Probably while he was laying there dieing in the street, he was thinking if I only knew Kung Fu.

Or maybe stealing is not what its all cracked up to be.
Posted By: rvsask

Re: GA Shooting - 02/23/22 04:02 AM

I had actually forgot about this thread until reading more about it today. It’s good they’re all going to jail for life. I hope they end up in general population with some real bad fellas. There were no burglaries in the neighborhood as actual testimony revealed, just some guys that didn’t like a black joggers. Despite how badly some of the people that commented on this thread wanted the good ole boys to get off their racial hate crime, they didn’t.

If you’re interested in seeing who is clearly racist without them saying they’re racist, just reread the thread. Lol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums