Home

Tonights Freeze

Posted By: Michigander

Tonights Freeze - 05/09/20 12:34 AM

Is anyone else expecting fruit loss tonight with the freeze? Apples are just off peak bloom and won't be able to handle much frost. I tarped my 5 small trees hoping for the best.

The orchard around my house is expecting the whole years crop to be a loss if the forecast is correct. They called in a few helicopters to fly around the orchards along with the wind machines and smudge pots. If the blossoms can survive tonight they have one more potential freeze Monday night before the forecast is all clear.
Posted By: Tommie

Re: Tonights Freeze - 05/09/20 12:38 AM

Just got back in from covering everything in the garden. I already have peaches and cherry trees with fruit on them hope they will make it . I didn’t have any tarps big enough to cover them.
Posted By: snowy

Re: Tonights Freeze - 05/09/20 12:38 AM

Wild Juneberry at the ranch will take a hit I'm sure with snow last week and some frosty nights that are ahead of us. They are the first to blossom and usually hurts there production with them.
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: Tonights Freeze - 05/09/20 12:44 AM

Just got in with my wife after covering many plants and trees. Keep your fingers crossed!
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Tonights Freeze - 05/09/20 12:45 AM

Nothing is blooming here yet but the buds are starting to swell.

Chris
Posted By: Bowwhitetail

Re: Tonights Freeze - 05/09/20 12:48 AM

I’m a little worried about my corn and soybeans
Posted By: Co�s

Re: Tonights Freeze - 05/09/20 12:51 AM

We have a few thousand dollars worth of perrenials outside the greenhouse, scheduled for delivery next week. All MI native so they can take a frost...but this is going to be a test. Everything covered with remay and fingers crossed. Greenhouse is packed to the brim woodstove blazing.

Luckily we don't have much in the veggie garden yet except for peas and greens. Snow squalls blasting our fields right now.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Tonights Freeze - 05/09/20 01:05 AM

supposed to be 23 degrees here tonight (southern PA).

Posted By: BigBlackBirds

Re: Tonights Freeze - 05/09/20 01:29 AM

i took load bees into orchard this afternoon when it was spitting snow. forecast calls for 25 tonight. the wind machines will be fired up and they'll light the brush piles but not sure it'll be enough. hear the neighbors to north have choppers coming in.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums