Home

A couple of F-15's flew over today

Posted By: AntiGov

A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/09/20 12:54 AM

They flew over the local hospitals today to honor the nurses and doctors

We only have a handful of cases here , none in the hospital , the hospitals are empty because of the Rona crisis when they are normally full.........hmmmmm

Many nurses and staff are laid off with nothing to do ..........hmmmm

$29,000.00 an hour to fly one F-15
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/09/20 01:00 AM

Watched 6 twin blade choppers fly over me by lebanon yesterday -- somethings moving. Not a normal pattern.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/09/20 01:01 AM

Pilots need training and 1 hour of flying is one hour of flying!

Chris

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/09/20 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Hodagtrapper
Pilots need training and 1 hour of flying is one hour of flying!

Chris

True .......maybe they could honor someone doing something .............lol
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/09/20 01:06 AM

They could dump a load of ordnance on the State Capitol! grin

Chris

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/09/20 01:07 AM

Chris

Now that would be worth every penny !
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/09/20 01:18 AM

Missouri had a stealth bomber fly over the hospital’s in the St. Louis area the Capitol , Columbia this afternoon to support the medical people. They are stationed in SW Mo so I thought it was nice. I live way north so I did not get to see one again. But it’s a real impressive airplane.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/09/20 01:44 AM

A couple fighters winging a cargo, flew over the house yesterday. Evidently Air NG honoring hospital workers all over the state.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/09/20 01:55 AM

NC Air NG had a fly over yesterday with a C17 to honor first responders, health care workers etc.....
Posted By: Northof50

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/09/20 02:10 AM

Wake up boys, don't you know what today was a few years ago.

does a certain VE come to mind.
like 75 years ago
Posted By: Wright Brothers

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/09/20 02:15 AM

Northof, I get it, my Dad was there.

If hi-po machines don't run they become garage queens.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/09/20 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Northof50
Wake up boys, don't you know what today was a few years ago.

does a certain V come to mind.
like 75 years ago

Are you saying these guys have been lost all that time??
Posted By: Duckie1

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/09/20 02:23 AM

x2 Northof50 OR they may just be transferring unused respirators from state to state to find a use for them. I've seen a few reports now where docs are saying it is better to have covid patients stay off respirators unless they physically can't breathe at all. Putting patients on to assist breathing makes most people go down hill.
Posted By: adam m

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/09/20 03:00 AM

Saw a twin blade helicopter flying earlier. I hardly ever see them in our skies. Made me curious a to what's going going on
Posted By: Pike River

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/09/20 03:04 AM

Chris

You aure you want that to happen? The capitol is controlled by the GOP right now. There is a big house to the east on the lake though....
Posted By: Northof50

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/09/20 03:10 AM

I made a comment on a youtube about a sky photo they posted and I said go back a year ago and your pictures will show some jet steams somewhere, yesterdays a STREAM FREE. this c-19 has grounded a lot of planes.

The planes I saw today were all involved in some of a VE Day celebration.
except the twin blade coppers were lifting hydro electrical lines for the big line they are installing....the blasting fusing the cables together could be heard 20 miles away.
Posted By: rpmartin

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/09/20 03:18 AM

I watched today on the American hero channel when we kicked the Germans butts!!!! Yes VE day today 75 years ago today. Salute the flag people.

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/09/20 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Duckie1
x2 Northof50 OR they may just be transferring unused respirators from state to state to find a use for them. I've seen a few reports now where docs are saying it is better to have covid patients stay off respirators unless they physically can't breathe at all. Putting patients on to assist breathing makes most people go down hill.

Ive heard this too .............ive also heard $39,000.00 fed rona money for every patient on one ..........hmmmm

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/09/20 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by rpmartin
I watched today on the American hero channel when we kicked the Germans butts!!!! Yes VE day today 75 years ago today. Salute the flag people.

Now thats something worth flying for ........nice !
Posted By: John C

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/09/20 10:22 AM

Paul and I see F15 flyovers several times daily.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/09/20 11:13 AM

Let’s honor everyone that is getting paid to do the job they applied for.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/09/20 11:16 AM

they were playin with big jets over head yesterday,made it tough to hear turkeys at times.were up fairly high though.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/09/20 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by John C

Yes sir. And sometimes when I'm in a beaver swamp, the danged things almost make me crap my pants when they fly over at high speed at tree top level. I don't hear them coming until they're right on top of me. Things go from serenely quiet to raucous in an instant.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/09/20 11:37 AM

same here but the choppers flyin on whisper 100 ft above ya takes it to a new level. wink
Posted By: trapper20

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/11/20 02:00 PM

I miss the sounds of jets flying overhead
Posted By: OhioBoy

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/11/20 03:48 PM

I went to a NASCAR race once where the stealth fighter did a fly over.

Thats the triangle batman plane looking one. It was really cool and then really creepy when you think about it.

You knew it was coming, was looking for it, saw it on the horizon, here it came, by it went, turn it made, and then the sound of it came by.

If you wouldn't have been looking for it whatever it dropped on you would have been there before the sound it makes.
Posted By: John C

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/12/20 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
Originally Posted by John C

Yes sir. And sometimes when I'm in a beaver swamp, the danged things almost make me crap my pants when they fly over at high speed at tree top level. I don't hear them coming until they're right on top of me. Things go from serenely quiet to raucous in an instant.

Yup. The farm with the ponds is right below their fight path going to Pope airfield I think.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/12/20 12:51 AM

Saw an F-18 go over on approach to Grissom Air Force Base the other day that I thought was strange, Navy plane into an Air Force Base. There was also a C-5, those things a huge.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: A couple of F-15's flew over today - 05/12/20 02:07 AM

I'm on the same flight path as pcr. There's an airwing out of Buffalo that is constantly doing fly overs.

When they used to do them with the warthogs the local lake would post a notice at the launch so you wouldn't jump out of your boat when they came buzzing over.

You'd hear then things coming up the river valley and once they got over the lake they'd get as low as possible. If you timed it just right you could cast your lure and it would get caught in the jet wash and run 200 yards of line off your reel in a hurry.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums