Home

WHY VIRUS RESULTS

Posted By: rex123

WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/09/20 07:21 PM

Why are the death results for this virus so much higher for western countries than the rest of the world? Are they lying are we lying? Or was this made to affect certain races harder than others?
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/09/20 07:26 PM

Politics
Posted By: tlguy

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/09/20 07:29 PM

My guess is it's a combination of the US over-reporting COVID-19 as the cause of death and other countries under-reporting. That would cause quite a disparity in figures in short time.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/09/20 07:32 PM

Extra dollars to over report imho
Posted By: Ridge Runner1960

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/09/20 07:54 PM

nobody has died of cancer or a heart attack since march! they get 19 grand for treating a covid 19 patient, 20 grand more if they put them on a ventilator
RR
Posted By: pcr2

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/09/20 07:56 PM

as a struggling actor,i need all the breaks i can get.
Posted By: Marty

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/09/20 08:06 PM

So, the medical care in 'western' countries is so much better than other countries that there are many more people still alive there that would be dead already in the 'other' countries......lots of older folks with one or multiple other existing conditions are dying in 'western' countries, the # of those folks in places without great medical care is very low.

That is the principal reason for the death # disparity. I have also thought it was harder on Caucasians than other races but I doubt that is true..
Posted By: 70sdiver

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 01:30 AM

We’re running about 78 percent of our deaths in my county from nursing homes.The average stay before death is 13 months in these homes.Most of the fatalities here are preexisting conditions and age over 70.what I would like to know is what is the monthly mortality in these homes? Almost all nursing home deaths are rated covid.I personally think we are being lied to on the actual fatality of this disease and also how contagious this really is.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
So, the medical care in 'western' countries is so much better than other countries that there are many more people still alive there that would be dead already in the 'other' countries......lots of older folks with one or multiple other existing conditions are dying in 'western' countries, the # of those folks in places without great medical care is very low.

Marty nailed it. We have many people in frail health that our superior medicine was able to keep alive, who would have died long ago in most other countries. Those people in frail health are more susceptible to Covid-19.

Keith
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 02:32 AM

Average age of those who have died of covid is higher than the average age of death pre covid. 3rd world countries do not have large populations of vulnerable old people.
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 02:44 AM

Are they lying are we lying? Or was this made to affect certain races harder than others?

Both

And it depends how much a state pads its losses. South Dakota "death rate" is about 1% (deaths/positive), nationally, last I saw, it was 5.8% or so. Michigan (I suppose mostly Detroit), it was almost 9%--I think it was Weds am, about 4,200 dead and 44,000 positives. Who knows what the true death rate is but it does seem to be different in different geographies for probably multiple reasons...
Posted By: Finster

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by rex123
Why are the death results for this virus so much higher for western countries than the rest of the world? Are they lying are we lying? Or was this made to affect certain races harder than others?

This country is cooking the books for the death rate. that is not even theory at this point. There is a mountain of evidence and witnesses to attest to that fact. The current deaths in this country from Covid are way overblown. A 5 minute search online can get you the truth.
Posted By: EdP

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 11:46 AM

Some asian countries may be lying, like N Korea, but others like India who admit to having a CV19 problem just don't have the medical infrastructure to do the testing to actually know if CV19 was the cause of death. When strained beyond their limits trying to keep people alive it makes no sense to spend resources determining why people died.

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 11:49 AM

Just this for starters:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bi...s-as-covid-19-deaths-regardless-of-cause
Posted By: walleye101

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 11:58 AM

Reported death rate is a worthless statistic that tells us nothing. The number of deaths directly attributed to CV-19 are likely inflated depending on who and how they are being reported. But the biggest factor effecting this statistic is the denominator which no one knows and varies considerably between countries by how many people have been tested. Totally worthless statistic unless you are trying to scare a population into submission.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 12:07 PM

Just look at what happens when you chop off the head of a chicken.....and the response of all the others around it.

and what happened in the White House this week for comparisions.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 12:17 PM

I seem to recall the potus telling us when he first got in office.. That he had a wonderful medical plan to replace Obamacare and it would include coverage for folks with preexisting conditions.. Kinda think when he had his meeting alone with Chinese leader he got vaccinated for covid-19..Then was just all timing to pop the cork on them Chinese protesters. Bring it here to take care of folks with preexisting condition..
Pretty easy to see how all that worked out..Win Win for China and potus..All just a numbers game with whole deal..

Mac
Posted By: imissed

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 12:28 PM

I think other countries are under reporting their deaths.

How often do you hear of the deaths in Russia,North Korea and India?

You can't tell me that they don't have it there.

India has to be crawling with it. With the high population, living in slums on top of one another.

No distancing no testing no hospitals.

You're not fooling into thinking they're free and clear of this!
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Macthediver
I seem to recall the potus telling us when he first got in office.. That he had a wonderful medical plan to replace Obamacare and it would include coverage for folks with preexisting conditions.. Kinda think when he had his meeting alone with Chinese leader he got vaccinated for covid-19..Then was just all timing to pop the cork on them Chinese protesters. Bring it here to take care of folks with preexisting condition..
Pretty easy to see how all that worked out..Win Win for China and potus..All just a numbers game with whole deal..

Mac

Its hard to believe you voted for Evers.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 12:34 PM

Mac

OK that is by far the most outrageous comment I have ever read about covid 19. Congrats because there have been many. LLL
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 12:55 PM

Don’t forget the money that’s available for States dealing with the virus a lot could be a race for those dollars, more deaths equal more dollars. Some States are claiming most deaths as virus related to get their numbers up.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by LLtrapper

Mac

OK that is by far the most outrageous comment I have ever read about covid 19. Congrats because there have been many. LLL

Musta missed its meds this morn!!
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 01:45 PM

Mac

Yup. I'll bet this is what happened.

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by trapdog1

Mac

Yup. I'll bet this is what happened.

LOL
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 02:04 PM

Apparently 200 deaths per day in New York is the acceptable level. Havent seen the daily update for a couple days. I was wondering at what point or how many lives was it worth the effort to continue informing us on the "pandemic".
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 02:17 PM

No way of knowing what the death rate in NY is. All we know is its lots lower than whats being told to us.

When people start lying I quit listening. Whats the point of listening. I am sick of hearing about the Chinese flu.

We are living in a nation of timid, believe anything a talking head on tv says, brain numbed sheep.

By the end of March when the homeless and incarcerated were still largely unaffected, it was obvious it was way way way overblown. Yet here we are and people are still not telling government they are done obeying and are now reclaiming their civil rights..

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 02:25 PM

Mac

[Linked Image]
Posted By: pcr2

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 02:28 PM

Erie P.A. opened and was instantly flooded with NYers. crazy
Posted By: walleyed

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Diggerman
Apparently 200 deaths per day in New York is the acceptable level. Havent seen the daily update for a couple days. I was wondering at what point or how many lives was it worth the effort to continue informing us on the "pandemic".

If you haven't seen it, then you have not looked for it.

I have not missed a day of posting it.

I've been updating it late because I am working until
8:30 PM each night, but it's up there EVERY Day.

226 Dead in 24 hours from 5-8-2020 to 5-9-2020.

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthr...w-york-state-covid-19-update#Post6868116

walleyed
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 02:50 PM

how many of those two hundred people are dead of chinese flu? You don't know and neither do I. All we know for sure is the number is less. So why pay any attention to anything being said. If it was truly bad there would be no motive to lie.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 02:58 PM

Anyone think putting positive cases in nursing homes had any effect on the death rate in New York? One county in Minn. has 899 cases confirmed and one death. Another county has over 1100 cases and 4 deaths. Average age in Minn. deaths still at 83
Posted By: teepee2

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 03:00 PM

The death rate per million population is higher than the U.S. in France, Italy, U.K. and Spain almost double in some of them.There are about 10 other countries that are higher also. So the answer to the original post is. IT'S NOT. As far as China is concerned they LIE.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by teepee2
The death rate per million population is higher than the U.S. in France, Italy, U.K. and Spain almost double in some of them.There are about 10 other countries that are higher also. So the answer to the original post is. IT'S NOT. As far as China is concerned they LIE.

Geeze teepee2
No idea what your political affiliation is don't matter..
But you do know that only a good Christian Conservative, knows what the truth in this world is.. Only thing that can be conspiracy or corrupt or fake news has to be vetted by one them.. No one else is as enlightened or informed or opinion matters..
Get with the program..

Mac
Posted By: Dirt

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 03:39 PM

United States 36.20% 331,002,651 Obesity rate.

Top of the this list for any country over 5,000,000 people.

Maybe we have a lot of unhealthy people?

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 03:41 PM

I think we should just ask Trump, so far corruption at the highest level, media collusion, lying by Dems. a hoax, wire tapping, deep state. All this happened,it is now a fact. So Trump was telling the truth. MAGA
Posted By: Big George W

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 03:59 PM

About 3 weeks ago, my doctor who is working miracles with my back using acupuncture [*granted , it's coming up on 6 months and is costing me a fortune since insurance does not cover it...] told me that the numbers are now not accurate, she mentioned that anyone who has C-19 but dies from say a heart attack, or falls down a flight of stairs and dies due to blunt trauma - both of those people are listed as C-19 deaths, even though the actual cause and manner of death was completely un related.

She also told me it's being treated wrong, she said it needs to be treated like high altitude sickness, which when I researched that further I saw she was right - hence why the ventilators don't work in 90% of the cases...

*on a side note, in 1994... we went up to 12,500 feet in a UH-60 L Blackhawk during the winter to trouble shoot freezing fuel selector valves [from the cold] or maybe if was freezing PAS levers, I forget...] and it might have been even closer to 15,000 feet - but it was the two pilots, me, and an engineer - and I remember we had a real serious briefing about going past 10,000 feet without oxygen, and if anyone felt funny or if any one felt that someone within the crew was not 100% the mission would be aborted..... because it's the same thing, your lungs can no longer absorb oxygen properly.... anyhow, we did it and I remember feeling as as white as a ghost, but we were able to figure out what was happening - there was a problem with minor condensation in the spiral wrapped cables to either the PAS levers or the fuel selector valves - I forget which - and that was what was causing the controls to freeze solid.

Regarding Russia, actually their numbers are spiking up now https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Regarding India - here's the thing, those people live in squalor and because of that I am willing to bet money that their immune systems are naturally cranked up to the max based on what they are exposed to day in and day out.... those people probably have 5 or 6 diseases happening at the same time which would make any American deathly sick with just one of them !!

N. Korea has very little contact with the outside world, which probably helps save them as well.

Either S. Korea or China, one of those places - if you got caught outside during periods of lock down, it was a mandatory fine of about $8,000 U.S.D and 1 year in jail, forced labor - good incentive to stay inside if you ask me !!

Also - China is used to these kinds of things, Japan too - those people wear masks all the time.

The people in that part of the world are also highly disciplined as if you disobey The Party, you die - simple as that - but yes, the numbers in the U.S. are now being fudged.
Posted By: cbat

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 04:04 PM

Its all about keeping control of how the election will play out in Nov. This shows the depth of the deep state to keep Trump from getting reelected. I am afraid we will see more things happen between now and Nov.
Posted By: Big George W

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by cbat
Its all about keeping control of how the election will play out in Nov. This shows the depth of the deep state to keep Trump from getting reelected. I am afraid we will see more things happen between now and Nov.

God, I hope not..... I actually got jury duty coming up in like 3 weeks, I tried to push it back 10 months like we were once allowed to, but I got denied.

CT is opening back up on the 20th or so I am being lead to believe, and I guess the courts are really backed up with cases so nobody's gonna get excused.
*I'll have to pick out a real good mask to wear, as I've got quite a few of them now !!
Posted By: Jarhead620

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
I think we should just ask Trump, so far corruption at the highest level, media collusion, lying by Dems. a hoax, wire tapping, deep state. All this happened,it is now a fact. So Trump was telling the truth. MAGA

Trump telling the truth? In what universe has that ever happened?

Jarhead

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jarhead620

Jarhead

U act like a Troll??

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 07:01 PM

Jarhead you empty vessel, everything I mentioned is true. Just cause you don't like Trump doesn't change the truth.
Posted By: MJM

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 07:50 PM

It is pretty simple really to push numbers. Here is one way it is being done.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/10/20 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by GROUSEWIT
Originally Posted by Jarhead620

Jarhead

U act like a Troll??

Nah, just someone with a government pension backed by the taxpayers.

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/11/20 12:33 AM

Sorry Steven but I earned it with over 30 years service with the USMC, the FDA, and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. You will get no apologies from me.

Jarhead
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/11/20 04:23 AM

I know you did and I didn't ask for your apologies.

My point is maybe, just maybe if your pension wasn't guaranteed by the taxpayer you would maybe have a different view point on current matters.
Posted By: adam m

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/11/20 04:28 AM

Supposedly lots of death certificates are starting covid as COD even if wa a heart attack or other issues. People are livid both drs and states won't change COD
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/11/20 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
[quote=GROUSEWIT][quote=Jarhead620]

Jarhead

Jarhead has benefited from collective bargaining the same as any private sector or public sector union member.

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/11/20 02:12 PM

My point is maybe, just maybe if your pension wasn't guaranteed by the taxpayer you would maybe have a different view point on current matters.

I don't know why we all can't just be employed by the gubmint and retire in our early 50's? There is a disconnect from economic reality. It is kind of interesting to see the different impacts of shutting down part of the private sector and when they shut down part of the gubmint. Which seems worst? That tells you whose job is service.

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/11/20 06:21 PM

To respond to your point would require some speculation on my part. I do concede that those who have lost their jobs and their health insurance have it a lot tougher than I do. So I do feel genuine concern for their situation. Otherwise I believe my position on other "current matters" would likely be unchanged. My contempt for Trump would surely remain the same.

Jarhead.

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/11/20 06:39 PM

All pensions are ponsi schemes, and Gov. pensions are the worst. Teachers can literally vote them selves a raise by the Governor that is voted in. We as a country can't afford it when they go broke and they will, coming soon to a state near you.
Posted By: hippie

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/11/20 06:41 PM

Troll isn't the word.
Posted By: Ronaround

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/11/20 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner1960
nobody has died of cancer or a heart attack since march! they get 19 grand for treating a covid 19 patient, 20 grand more if they put them on a ventilator
RR

THIS^^^^ THIS is the reason for the overage of the virus.
plain old numbers and politics.
Posted By: hippie

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/11/20 06:51 PM

The best thing to come out of this is, people are now realizing their rights are being trampled on. People in almost every state are now challenging the validity of their govt regulations that they close their business, down to having to wear a mask.

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/11/20 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by ApocalypticGoatH
[quote=GROUSEWIT][quote=Jarhead620]

Jarhead has benefited from collective bargaining the same as any private sector or public sector union member.

I have never been a member of a union in my life. I am unaware if Federal union activities benefited me at all.

Jarhead

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/11/20 08:23 PM

All pensions are ponsi schemes, and Gov. pensions are the worst. Teachers can literally vote them selves a raise by the Governor that is voted in. We as a country can't afford it when they go broke and they will, coming soon to a state near you.

I made biweekly contributions to the Federal retirement system throughout my career. Conversely, I received no retirement benefits for the six years that I operated the family livestock farm in Illinois.

Jarhead

Posted By: rex123

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/11/20 08:24 PM

Seems to me he earned whatever he is getting.

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/11/20 09:19 PM

"Ponzi scheme
Description
A Ponzi scheme is a form of fraud that lures investors and pays profits to earlier investors with funds from more recent investors. The scheme leads victims to believe that profits are coming from product sales or other means, and they remain unaware that other investors are the source of funds."

Re: WHY VIRUS RESULTS - 05/11/20 11:58 PM

Whose going to cover the shortfall if one can collect till there 101, pensions only work as long as more people are added to the line of payers. Unless it's the government, they got lots of money to shore up pensions.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums