Home

Why Open Carry!

Posted By: trapper234

Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 08:42 PM

I am a big 2A supporter but I am against open carry. It should be concealed. Why in the world would you want to open carry anyway. The bad guy see's your carrying and has a weapon and gets the jump on you and takes your weapon. These idiots protesting and open carrying firearms gives the 2A a bad reputation in my book. I guess they think they are tough guys by open carry. All it does is cause the anti gun people to flip out and may cause a disturbance. I just don't understand why you would want to open carry. Give me a reason.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 08:45 PM

as a struggling actor i need all the breaks i can get.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 08:46 PM

Wonder why all LEO’s open carry. Seems like they should be dropping like flies...

I've exposed mine before on a gut feeling and both times the guys who set me off left. One I heard whisper to the other he has a gun under his shirt...I know for a fact it worked one time because the same to guys were caught later that evening after robbing another store. Also helped that I called one of my LEO buddies on duty and expressed my concern. I think everyone should open carry if they wish to.
Posted By: Finster

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 08:46 PM

I'm going to make some popcorn. Who want's butter?
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 08:47 PM

Because carrying a gun under my coat makes me look fat.
Posted By: rick brocious

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 08:48 PM

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by trapper234
I am a big 2A supporter but I am against open carry. It should be concealed. Why in the world would you want to open carry anyway. The bad guy see's your carrying and has a weapon and gets the jump on you and takes your weapon. These idiots protesting and open carrying firearms gives the 2A a bad reputation in my book. I guess they think they are tough guys by open carry. All it does is cause the anti gun people to flip out and may cause a disturbance. I just don't understand why you would want to open carry. Give me a reason.

So much wrong here, I can't even begin. I will say this:
A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I see nothing in that wording that says "It should be concealed"
Posted By: coydog2

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 08:50 PM

For how I see it is that you have your permit to carry concealed, then there is no need to carry open. like the OP stated about the bad guy. Too me the ones that dose carry open when they do not need to, dose it to show they are carry. When you out in the woods that is different. Not in other terms.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by trapdog1

No, the fat makes you look fat! laugh
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 08:51 PM

I agree with you up to a point. Unless I’m hunting or trapping my handgun is concealed. I really don’t understand the reason to open carry in public. For me, there is no good reason. But, the constitution says we have the right to do it so anybody that wants to should be able to.

I don’t particularly want anybody knowing I’m armed. And that includes LEO. I’ve been pulled over three or four times in the last 20–30 years and was armed each time. Cop didn’t ask and I didn’t tell. In my opinion, that’s the way it should be.

I agree that people open carrying ARs or any other weapon really in Walmarts and other public places are really not doing us any favors as gun owners. But again, their right to do so.

They have the freedom and the constitutional rights to act like idiots if they want to.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 08:52 PM

Yet after the last 2 displays of open carry nothing happened not a shot fired or person harmed.
Posted By: trapdog1

Originally Posted by Finster
Originally Posted by trapdog1

No, the fat makes you look fat! laugh

Well, I reckon you got me there. grin

Originally Posted by coydog2
For how I see it is that you have your permit to carry concealed, then there is no need to carry open. like the OP stated about the bad guy. Too me the ones that dose carry open when they do not need to, dose it to show they are carry. When you out in the woods that is different. Not in other terms.

Ummmm….Huh????
Posted By: loosegoose

When I happen to carry, I open carry, because I refuse to pay for permission from the crown to tuck it under m shirt instead of over. If it was free and didn't require a license I'd happily carry concealed.

The only good thing about concealed carry is going in businesses that don’t want you to carry.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
I agree with you up to a point. Unless I’m hunting or trapping my handgun is concealed. I really don’t understand the reason to open carry in public. For me, there is no good reason. But, the constitution says we have the right to do it so anybody that wants to should be able to.

I don’t particularly want anybody knowing I’m armed. And that includes LEO. I’ve been pulled over three or four times in the last 20–30 years and was armed each time. Cop didn’t ask and I didn’t tell. In my opinion, that’s the way it should be.

I agree that people open carrying ARs or any other weapon really in Walmarts and other public places are really not doing us any favors as gun owners. But again, their right to do so.

They have the freedom and the constitutional rights to act like idiots if they want to.

Spot on!

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 08:53 PM

I see no problem with it . I myself don't but someone else does it don't bother me one bit .

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 08:54 PM

who wins the gunfight - joe dirt diggin in his ankle holster for a pistol caught in a hole in his sock or Chuck Norris just openin up from the hip. wink
Posted By: warrior

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 08:55 PM

Mind your own business, FUDD.

I got more trust for what I can see than some secret ninja hiding lord knows what. Is that a salami in your pocket or are you just glad to see me.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog

Spot on!

Agreed

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
who wins the gunfight - joe dirt diggin in his ankle holster for a pistol caught in a hole in his sock or Chuck Norris just openin up from the hip. wink

That's all in the movies. I swear, you'll believe anything! Everyone knows that Chuck Norris doesn't need guns and is also bulletproof. grin

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by coydog2

[Linked Image]

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:05 PM

Is a felon more likely to open carry or not?
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:06 PM

and with sea salt please...

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by grumley701

and with sea salt please...

Well, laa deee dahhhh laugh

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:11 PM

I would like to see it so common that you wouldn't think about it .

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:11 PM

wanna crepe too? grin

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by rick brocious

BINGO!

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
wanna crepe too? grin
Ain't that a canadian thing ? lol
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:18 PM

Used to do it but got tired really quick of ignorant people who didn't know the law and tried to get in my businesses or call the law. That being Saud juat because I don't do it I could are less if somone elese does. Heck you could be be buying avadocos at Wal-Mart with a Barrret M107 slung across your back and if your not hurting anyone why should I care or anyone else.

That being g said with he protests I feel it shows people WILLING TO THINK FOR THEMSELVES that hay....these guys are out here with all these scary guns that the new people say make people violent .....but no one is really being violent....mabye the guns arnt the problem !
Posted By: peej

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:21 PM

I got no problem with open carry. Personally I dont want the bad guy to know Im packing until the time comes for him to find out.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Used to do it but got tired really quick of ignorant people who didn't know the law and tried to get in my businesses or call the law. That being Saud juat because I don't do it I could are less if somone elese does. Heck you could be be buying avadocos at Wal-Mart with a Barrret M107 slung across your back and if your not hurting anyone why should I care or anyone else.

That being g said with he protests I feel it shows people WILLING TO THINK FOR THEMSELVES that hay....these guys are out here with all these scary guns that the new people say make people violent .....but no one is really being violent....mabye the guns arnt the problem !

Agreed! Well said
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:25 PM

Semi-related.......I can't think of a time in the past 50 years I ever needed a weapon.....at least for personal security. Not once. My oldest kid worked at Walmart for a while........middle of the night, stocking shelves. They had a mugging murder of an employee in the parking lot. After that, he got a weapon and kept it handy. I could see that.

But how many have ever needed to pull their piece? I have no problem with either open or concealed carry, I'm just wondering how big of an issue it is?
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:26 PM

an armed society is a polite society...
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:27 PM

I kind of understand the reasoning during a protest as you are trying to draw attention to your cause.

Just in everyday life, open carry is a huge tactical DISadvantage.

I see open carry guys as just showboaters. Probably need a hug more than anything.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:28 PM

Like clicking your seat belt just before you have accident good luck with that.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Calvin
I kind of understand the reasoning during a protest as you are trying to draw attention to your cause.

Just in everyday life, open carry is a huge tactical DISadvantage.

I see open carry guys as just showboaters. Probably need a hug more than anything.

I prefer concealed carry also unless trapping, the open carry guy take the attention off of the concealed carry guy I like that. LOL
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:32 PM

Really dude ....... avocados ?????

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:34 PM

Also feel it shows the politicians that us lowly peasants and surfs arnt afraid to come out armed, very well armed in many cases... and in numbers when when we get fed up with their crap.

Option A: listen to us and start caring about the people again while we are being nice and restrained with said
numbers and arms
-OR-
Option B: we can use said arms and numbers and be not so nice to get out point across

Yes it seems rather radical but.........

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:34 PM

Agreed! Well said

I also agree. I have attended the pro gun rallies in Harrisburg. I have open carried there. But that was a special occasion and I was making a statement to our legislature along with many others.

For day-to-day routine I much prefer concealed carry.
Posted By: Prn

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:35 PM

Sometimes it is just fun. Also 99% of people never notice anyways. Sometimes just for fun I will lift up my shirt to make sure I am open carrying, before going into walmart. I always tell my 9 year old daughter we are going to see if we can get kicked out of the walmart today. She says "Dad we never get kicked out when you do that, nobody even notices"

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1

Really dude ....... avocados ?????

Look I can't English and my auto correct has given up trying lol grin
Posted By: maintenanceguy

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:36 PM

THIS!

Open carry doesn't worry me at all. If I see a guy with a gun, I don't feel unsafe. If I'm ever outside of my own state (where carry is illegal), I carry concealed because I prefer to life life unnoticed. But I see an advantage to open carry. First, it's a deterrent. Second, if you do need your gun, it's easier to get too.

EVERYONE who wants to pass laws because they were just frightened by open carry are liars. They already wrote these laws years ago and have been waiting for an excuse to open the old dusty file.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:37 PM

I don't have a problem with it but if you are doing it for personal protection in case someone starts a gunfight, IMHO, if the bad guys are scoping out the robbery and you are standing there with your fly open, they are going to walk up and put one in the back of your head before the fight starts. Now, if they think there are nothing but sheep and start something you can practice what you learned at last weeks IDPA match. Once again, just my humble opinion. They won't see mine until I have a tactical advantage.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:38 PM

And i can pile skinned carcasses next to the road ,My land, My right
Posted By: K52

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by HayDay
Semi-related.......I can't think of a time in the past 50 years I ever needed a weapon.....at least for personal security. Not once. My oldest kid worked at Walmart for a while........middle of the night, stocking shelves. They had a mugging murder of an employee in the parking lot. After that, he got a weapon and kept it handy. I could see that.

But how many have ever needed to pull their piece? I have no problem with either open or concealed carry, I'm just wondering how big of an issue it is?

My take on this is you haven't needed it yet, the past doesn't mean anything. Thing is you never know when you'll need it, maybe never, maybe right away. I have made mine visible in my hand once, two guys decided there was easier pickins elsewhere. I hate to think what would have happened if I was unarmed.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:50 PM

Myself, I prefer to CC. Rarely (and I've been over this before) do I OC. Usually only when hunting, fishing or camping. However, that is what I prefer and I will support someone that want's to OC 100% although I disagree with certain aspects. When it comes to rifles, Do you need to carry an AR into Walmart to shop? Nope, I don't think it's a very good decision as far as helping the 2nd cause and I think there are better ways. However, it is their right, I support that right and I don't draw a line simply because I disagree. My disapproval means nothing to anyone other than myself and they have every right to carry that rifle. The Constitution says so.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:53 PM

Why open carry?
Why are muslim mosques allowed to stay open while everything else is shut down?
The enemies within.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by HayDay

Do you wear the seat belt in your vehicle? You'll probly never need it.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 10:20 PM

Always ignore everything before the but....
Posted By: Staner

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by jeff karsten
And i can pile skinned carcasses next to the road ,My land, My right

ding, ding, ding....Winner.
Posted By: Ole

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 10:41 PM

I have the right to throw a bleeding gutted dead buck across my hood and drive around town but that won't promote the hunting tradition I love. I know that is comparing apples to oranges but there might be some similarity there.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 10:48 PM

crazy

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ole
I have the right to throw a bleeding gutted dead buck across my hood and drive around town but that won't promote the hunting tradition I love. I know that is comparing apples to oranges but there might be some similarity there.

The ethical discussion of a deer on your hood that you are putting on your hood, to over heat and ruin some meat, that isn’t actually a right, but a privilege. And the rightful and constitutionally protected carry of an inanimate object that you have on your person for defensive protection in an open situation is apples and oranges.

Two totally different things....

You are right though that it doesn’t promote deer hunting in general. The legal carry of persons with a firearm doesn’t harm our constitutional rights but promotes them and shows that more people than you low actually carry and nobody is harmed as long as they don’t the to violate the other persons right to life liberty and the persist of happiness...

Everyone should carry how the heck they want and feel comfortable carrying a defensive firearm...

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 10:55 PM

Sometimes a guy has to step back and see why he thinks like he does at times. The whole anti thinking process is based on, “ if I don’t do it then others should not then.”
Posted By: midlander

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Flipper 56
I don't have a problem with it but if you are doing it for personal protection in case someone starts a gunfight, IMHO, if the bad guys are scoping out the robbery and you are standing there with your fly open, they are going to walk up and put one in the back of your head before the fight starts. Now, if they think there are nothing but sheep and start something you can practice what you learned at last weeks IDPA match. Once again, just my humble opinion. They won't see mine until I have a tactical advantage.

Good common sense right here...

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 11:01 PM

I'm waiting for a dos equis beer man meme. "!I don't always open carry, but when I do..........."

Also, for a forum full of trappers, hunters, outdoorsman, I can't believe we have such a divide here and how many are against anything when it comes to legal gun rights at all.. you guys against it fail to see the big picture. The big picture is more important than your opinion or your feelings.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Flipper 56

Agreed

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 11:45 PM

Well I know when I made this post that it would create many responses. Of course I open carry when hunting or trapping because none of the left wingers are around. It just pisses me off when I see pictures of protesters screaming in the face of cops and they are open carry with rifles and handguns. It does not help the cause. The cops are just doing there job. I would not want anybody to know that I have a weapon until it is time to use said weapon. I opened carried for 32 years as a law enforcement officer because it was part of my job.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 11:47 PM

In Michigan you have to tell LEO you have a weapon in your possession when stopped
Posted By: Wild_WI

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 11:57 PM

Because I'm not afraid to shoot first

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/09/20 11:58 PM

Why should I have to pay over $200.00 dollars to get a concealed carry permit? I can carry open free and take it anyplace you can carry concealed.
No back ground check or finger printing.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Getting There

In Michigan you have to tell LEO you have a weapon in your possession when stopped

In Pennsylvania, we are all my stops occurred, you do not have to inform.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 12:14 AM

Well I know when I made this post that it would create many responses. Of course I open carry when hunting or trapping because none of the left wingers are around. It just pisses me off when I see pictures of protesters screaming in the face of cops and they are open carry with rifles and handguns. It does not help the cause. The cops are just doing there job. I would not want anybody to know that I have a weapon until it is time to use said weapon. I opened carried for 32 years as a law enforcement officer because it was part of my job.

Well then I would have hoped you had a little more respect for the constitution that you were sworn to uphold at one time. Apparently, if you disagree with others interpretation and application of it, then you have no respect for it? Also, I must have missed the "screaming in cops faces" part. I didn't see anything but a peaceful demonstration where no one was arrested or cited. Maybe you should go sell dictionaries or something?

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 12:15 AM

Why should I have to pay over $200.00 dollars to get a concealed carry permit? I can carry open free and take it anyplace you can carry concealed.

I agree, you should not have to do that. In Pennsylvania, the license cost $29 and good for five years. No fingerprinting. But, I see it as an infringement.
Posted By: star flakes

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 12:28 AM

So Pleasant Prairie has lots of bad guys ready to get the jump on you to take your gun, instead of taking their gun and just shooting you? It appears you have bad guys that are suicidal in Wisconsin in running up and taking guns from armed people, who you indicate are zombies, and never would recognize a bad guy focused on their weapon.

I have a suggestion, instead of a reason. How about all of us make this President keep his MAGA word and restore to us Constitutional Carry which means you can carry open, concealed or bounce it around in your vehicle without licenses. That solves every problem, except people being idiots and that includes the money grabbers who saw a new way to extort money from people. Why not make cell phones open carry and if you have them concealed, you have to have a license. Lisa Page and Peter Strzok of the FBI got into all kinds of trouble with concealed cell phones.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 12:36 AM

I agree, you should not have to do that. In Pennsylvania, the license cost $29 and good for five years. No fingerprinting. But, I see it as an infringement.

I paid $20 and yes, it should be free or not need any paperwork.

Delaware is $65 to apply for a CCW which is an infringement because it costs money to exercise a right.

Any person who is able to own a firearm can carry openly without anything! As it should be for everyone including concealed carry.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 12:39 AM

a right UN-exercised is a right lost!

placating to the anti's wins you nothing.

it is Very important you understand that the open carry movement did more to get you concealed carry in WI than anything else.

making open carry normal lets people realize people do carry guns if every gun is always hidden lets them think CC isn't even done.

We won the CC we got because we created the perfect storm of circumstance , legal cases , law suits , the state was on it's heals and the very low cost , low training , fairly simple CC legislation was how the could feel like the state was still in control.

If you are Pro 1A you don't say hey but you can't Practice your religion that way! As long as no one is getting hurt or their rights violated it is a legitimate exercise of their religion as protected by the First.

If you are really Pro 2A then you can't really attach a dozen criteria to how they practice their Right or you are no different than telling the baptists they are wrong for how they worship , that they aren't doing it right.

as long as it is done safely , no one gets hurt and no one's rights are violated it is a valid exercise of that persons right.
Posted By: James

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 12:39 AM

We don't need a permit to carry, open or concealed, here in AK. But if you encounter an LEO, you must inform them you're carrying.

I think we have the right to open carry, I don't do it myself because it gives a tactical advantage to bad guys and is likely to make non-gun-owners nervous. And their nervousness may be remembered at the ballot box, when gun issues are on the table.

Jim

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 12:40 AM

How can anybody support the second but think open carry is wrong ? Don't make since .
Posted By: James

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 12:42 AM

If you're talking about me, where did I say it's wrong?

Jim

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 12:46 AM

No wasn't referring to you James . I actually some what agreed with what you said .

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by James
If you're talking about me, where did I say it's wrong?

Jim

I don’t think he was referencing you James.

I do disagree that open carry is a “tactical” disadvantage, if it were, why do the police open carry? Because, it is the most efficient way to carry and be able to meet a threat with a defensive weapon, that is why...

Also, I don’t worry about making people nervous, they will see enough people carry and finally understand, maybe, that an inanimate object on someone’s hip is just a tool and nothing more. Maybe, they will decide to also take their safety in their own hands and not rely on the police who are 5-15 minutes away.
Posted By: Co�s

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty
I'm waiting for a dos equis beer man meme. "!I don't always open carry, but when I do..........."

Also, for a forum full of trappers, hunters, outdoorsman, I can't believe we have such a divide here and how many are against anything when it comes to legal gun rights at all.. you guys against it fail to see the big picture. The big picture is more important than your opinion or your feelings.

We all have different ideas about what the big picture is and how best to serve it. And we are all a blend of wisdom and folly. There isn't a divide, many of us simply disagree on all kinds of stuff. There is no cut and dry answer.
Posted By: Ken Mclellan

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 12:48 AM

People that display their weapon in stores and restaurants put me on edge and I don’t like it. I think they are all members of numb nuts are us. Out of sight out of mind.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 12:50 AM

Well then I would have hoped you had a little more respect for the constitution that you were sworn to uphold at one time. Apparently, if you disagree with others interpretation and application of it, then you have no respect for it? Also, I must have missed the "screaming in cops faces" part. I didn't see anything but a peaceful demonstration where no one was arrested or cited. Maybe you should go sell dictionaries or something?

Finster... You don't know me at all and your comments are stupid. [Linked Image]

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Ken Mclellan
People that display their weapon in stores and restaurants put me on edge and I don’t like it. I think they are all members of numb nuts are us. Out of sight out of mind.

X2

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 12:51 AM

Especially if the weapons are black. Ewwwwwwww! (shudder)

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 12:52 AM

Do the police make you nervous? Do you need a safe space for any other tool in a tool box? Oh, no a wrench!!!!

If a person is open carrying a firearm they are likely a law abiding person who is just carrying a firearm for their protection. Mind your own business and carry how you want and let them carry how they want.

Carry concealed, if it makes you happy....

But, please, everyone carry a firearm. An armed society is a polite society....

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 12:53 AM

Finster... You don't know me at all and your comments are stupid. [Linked Image]

No law against being dumb

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 12:54 AM

people open carrying have nothing to hide.at least theoretically.

people shouting scripture from the street corner put me on edge. it doesn't make it not their right

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 12:55 AM

Yep, cops usually show up to investigate a shooting, not stop one.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 12:56 AM

In WI you must inform you are armed if asked by the LEO.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 12:58 AM

I am actually happy where I live mostly... open carry is legal, nobody says anything to you. If the police see you they may ask what you carry just to be curious to what you are carrying, maybe they want to try it out or something. Usually they give you the nod and wave, maybe thank you for taking the time to stand up and protect yourself.

Delaware police and Troopers are the best!

Go blue hats!

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
In WI you must inform you are armed if asked by the LEO.

If asked YES but if does not ask you do not have to inform.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 01:12 AM

if you are saying that you have a cpl and a firearm not in a case or lockbox you are correct

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 01:24 AM

If I'm in the right I don't care who I might make nervous. I will not surrender my liberty because others are afraid to excercise their own.
Posted By: K9BeavCoon

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 01:28 AM

Not a huge fan of open carry myself, it has no tactical advantages in my eyes. I do it when I’m outdoors or very rural America where guns are everyday life. It is very comfortable and i like the thought of melting snowflakes, but it does put a lot of people on edge.. It just seems like I see 2 kinds of guys open carry. #1 Good old country boy with a 1911. #2 young guy with a wonder 9, mag extensions and mag carrier. Last guy I saw had a Glock 19 and 45+ rounds on him! Lol I’m all for more fire power, glad he’s on our side but dang dude! Why? It seems like the guys I see here in MN that do it are fairly young, walk with a swagger like they have an attitude. Idk, maybe it’s my perspective of them, but I sure don’t seem to see guys open carrying that are just playing it cool. If I start seeing guys open carry and looking like Walt Longmire and less like a punk, it might change my opinion.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 01:31 AM

I don't see him screaming at a cop. I see him yelling past a cop. You may think my comments are stupid but then again, unlike you I live in reality. In my world, evidence rules not your pathetic "feelings"

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by warrior
If I'm in the right I don't care who I might make nervous. I will not surrender my liberty because others are afraid to excercise their own.

Even if your convincing those nervous people to vote for more gun laws I see your point

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 01:38 AM

You will never gain any ground by trying to appease non gun owners. Am I going to carry my double barrel shot gun into a hot dog stand, NO. I am not going to bust my hind end to make sure my revolver is concealed and not printing. NO. I am just tired of non gun owners tell me what I can and can not do. Gun Ranges open in a few days in Michigan. Keep them in the black ring.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 01:44 AM

It's true that you cannot fix stupid.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 01:46 AM

Your confusing non gun owners with anti gun people

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 01:49 AM

Well, you started the thread. All I'm doing is pointing out your flaws in thinking and debating your points. Don't blame me if you can't handle facts and counter points. Seems like you're the one being "stupid" If you don't want to debate the issue, then why post such an anti 2nd thread on this site. Maybe you have the IQ of a turnip?
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 01:52 AM

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by gutthooked

And your point is?
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 01:59 AM

Don't bring a knife to a gun fight

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 02:04 AM

Well, you started the thread. All I'm doing is pointing out your flaws in thinking and debating your points. Don't blame me if you can't handle facts and counter points. Seems like you're the one being "stupid" If you don't want to debate the issue, then why post such an anti 2nd thread on this site. Maybe you have the IQ of a turnip?

Whatever idiot. I am done with you.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 02:09 AM

Yes^^^

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 02:11 AM

Popcorn is gone.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 02:30 AM

Whenever I see someone carry open, it makes me smile.
Smells like FREEEEEDOM!
I personally carry concealed in such a way that I can draw in a hurry. I snuck up behind a buddy who carries concealed with his gun in the small of his back inside his belt.
I gave him a firm hug from behind (no grinding because that is just rude). I heard him scream a little bit because of the surprise, and then he figured out who it was and just got mad. I told him, "you're welcome", for showing him that he needed to change how he carried.
Posted By: danvee

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 02:31 AM

I have carried most of my adult life, most of it concealed, the reactionary gap plays a big role in winning a gun figtht. As far as a permit never applied for one and never will, if I ever go to court over it I will bring a copy of the second amendment of the constitution with me. Never heard of anyone having a problem concealed carry unless they had a DUI or other problem then they have two problems. Most of my friends never know I carry, lots of methods and no never in a ankle holster always the waist or shoulder. Will bet my life if I ever need it will be just as quick as open carry. Perfect practice makes perfect and the reactionary gap is a rule to live by in a gun fight.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 02:41 AM

Lucky for you, WY is constitutional carry.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 03:20 AM

Still need a permit for concealed but like I say I stand on the principle that I have the 2nd it does not say how it is to be carried but says I can bear arms and its not to be infringed.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 03:25 AM

We have constitutional carry here but I still get a permit as that is honored in many States but SD constitutional carry is not honored in other States.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 03:51 AM

Even if your convincing those nervous people to vote for more gun laws I see your point

Actually I would hope to demonstrate by my behavior and hospitality that gun owners are not to be feared.
BTW I do not actually open carry or even carry at all as I really don't see the need in my daily life as my first rule of gunfighting is don't go to places where gun fights are likely to happen.
However, dealing with critters daily I always have a pig sticker and various other "scary" items on or about my person.
Posted By: Pest's Dad

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 04:54 AM

Fascinating and thought provoking thread wink

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by gutthooked
Don't bring a knife to a gun fight

LOL... Ok... Got it grin
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 10:57 AM

My thought has always been unless most in the area is open carry, Id rather blend in. Some baddie scoping out the place before going off, spots you with a weapon before you spot him, hope he isn't afraid of firing his weapon. It's why I never liked the idea of uniformed security guards.
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 11:30 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by DuxDawg

[Linked Image]

I like it

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson

Especially if the weapons are black. Ewwwwwwww! (shudder)

No, Especially when the numb nuts gun is exposed and easy for anyone to take... even if it’s pink, like yours. Lol

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 01:57 PM

Jeff: You maybe right, but sure seeing a lot of non gun owners not liking people that have guns and carry them.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 02:54 PM

So what you are saying is that because you don't like it, no one should have the right?

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 03:04 PM

Now you know your issue, you should address it. Your anxiety I'm talking about.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 03:15 PM

Some of these folks condemning open carry will change positions quickly if someone were to condemn gays for being openly gay. The list could go on and on.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 03:19 PM

I don't understand how a person can be pro second amendment but be against open carry . I see it as being slowly brainwashed by the media .

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
My thought has always been unless most in the area is open carry, Id rather blend in. Some baddie scoping out the place before going off, spots you with a weapon before you spot him, hope he isn't afraid of firing his weapon. It's why I never liked the idea of uniformed security guards.

Having worked uniformed security in some rough housing projects being visible is a double edged sword. If serious trouble is coming the uniform is a target however a uniform active and proactive is a solid deterrant to the more casual trouble. I've been on both sides of that.
That said, the sites I worked calmed down and stayed calm once it was clearly known that security was not playing.

So whether you choose open or concealed if you're not serious about it and adopting a sheepdog attitude you're just another target. Just because one has a weapon doesn't mean one is actually armed.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 03:24 PM

I don't understand how a person can be pro second amendment but be against open carry . I see it as being slowly brainwashed by the media .

Maybe a participation trophy would be in order?..

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 03:26 PM

It's akin to some trappers I know opposing snares.
Posted By: JD Hornet

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 03:28 PM

I have carried a weapon, ie rifle of pistol my entire life either open or concealed. I can not tell you how many times a citizen of this country has told me "I never thought it could happen to me". Carry open or carry concealed. If you have a problem with either you are against the 2nd Amendment. What do you not understand about Shall not be Infringed. I remember when Florida had a lot to do about getting this concealed carry thing going years ago. Everyone said Florida would be the wild wild west. WRONG people could now defend themselves!

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 03:32 PM

Jeff: You maybe right, but sure seeing a lot of non gun owners not liking people that have guns and carry them.

And in this "pandemic" were also seeing lots of non gun owners suddenly becoming gun owners and posibly pro gun.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 03:34 PM

Like the saying goes , a house divided against itself cannot stand .
Posted By: Big George W

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 03:37 PM

I am completely in favor of the right to bear and carry arms, but what I would like to see - at least in CT - is the right to be actually able to use them.

Some states you can legally defend yourself, and it's cool - nothing will happen to you - but in CT if you pull the trigger and you are not literally with your back up against your bedroom wall with no window to jump out of, you are the one one who will go to jail, and that needs to change.

2nd amendment to me should also allow the firearm owner to be able to use their firearm as they see fit, within reason.

I'm not saying let's have it like the wild west, but if one can legitimately use a firearm in self defense or to be able to stop a crime in progress or say a mass shooting, that should 100% be backed by law and not only be legal but encouraged.

Because of the strict laws in CT regarding use of a firearm, I don't carry - because I don't like the idea that I could be locked up for doing the right thing.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Big George W
I am completely in favor of the right to bear and carry arms, but what I would like to see - at least in CT - is the right to be actually able to use them.

Some states you can legally defend yourself, and it's cool - nothing will happen to you - but in CT if you pull the trigger and you are not literally with your back up against your bedroom wall with no window to jump out of, you are the one one who will go to jail, and that needs to change.

2nd amendment to me should also allow the firearm owner to be able to use their firearm as they see fit, within reason.

I'm not saying let's have it like the wild west, but if one can legitimately use a firearm in self defense or to be able to stop a crime in progress or say a mass shooting, that should 100% be backed by law and not only be legal but encouraged.

Because of the strict laws in CT regarding use of a firearm, I don't carry - because I don't like the idea that I could be locked up for doing the right thing.

Did you read the last sentence you wrote?
If you don’t carry and actually need a gun then I’m afraid you won’t be around to defend yourself.
Better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Big George W

That's why you move out of those states. All the other same people are leaving CT

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 03:58 PM

I was on a motor cycle ride in TN. I had stopped at a rest area to take a brake. A fellow motor cycle rider came up to me and we started BSing like most bike rider do. In talking he said, I don't want to know if you are or not, but are you packing IF NOT you should be. People things are changing
it is not like it use to be. There is no one better at protecting yourself than you. You have to have the right mind set when carrying a weapon. JMO

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 04:23 PM

So what you are saying is that because you don't like it, no one should have the right?

I’m not saying anything more or less than what I wrote. Its that simple. You remind me of BuckNE for some reason.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 04:29 PM

Agree with you 100% The people i see when i take a drive thru State land arent berry pickers and nature folks anymore Thats why i have a cpl According to MSP the vehicle conceals the firearm as well as a jacket or shirt conceals part or all of the firearm so its necessary IMO Just dont believe showing a firearm in an area where i might intimidate someone is the answer
Posted By: hippie

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 04:48 PM

More and more there are people around here that have a small pistol on their belt, half covered by the shirt/coat. I like seeing it!

I guess you'd have to be on the fence, or against people carrying if it bothers you.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 04:52 PM

It does not matter where you live or who you are including an LE if you shoot someone there is going to be an investigation. No law is going to save you from an unjustifiable shooting. Now how things turn out is up to the investigator, the prosecuting attorney and if your charged the court and jury. In the Georgia shooting them old boys better have a good attorney. No trial yet but from watching the video and reporting it does not look good for them.
Posted By: wildflights

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by danvee
It does not matter where you live or who you are including an LE if you shoot someone there is going to be an investigation. No law is going to save you from an unjustifiable shooting. Now how things turn out is up to the investigator, the prosecuting attorney and if your charged the court and jury. In the Georgia shooting them old boys better have a good attorney. No trial yet but from watching the video and reporting it does not look good for them.

The Georgia case is interesting. I would argue that it's a case against open carry or brandishing depending on point of view. If the defendant had been carrying concealed, that confrontation likely would not have resulted in a shooting.

No matter your point of view, Ahmaud was a tough SOB and took the fight to him. He closed the distance on a shotgun toting assailant (perspective) and went immediately into fight mode. I think the video clearly shows that he would have gotten control of the shotgun if he hadn't lost part of his hand during initial contact. He then proceeded to lay down a beating while taking two more shotgun blasts at contact distance. None of those rounds folded him up and I'm impressed with his never give up mental attitude. In any case, it reduces the mystique of a shotgun as an instant stop to any given attack and even more so to the fallacy of the intimidation factor of "racking a slide".

I don't believe that they'll get a murder conviction in the Georgia case. I think charging the father is an overreach and weakens the DA's chances of any conviction.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 05:25 PM

Did the 2nd video not show him running out of a house under construction? Was he a innocent jogger or a fleeing burglar? The Mom said something like what he was doing was not a felony so what did she mean?

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 05:29 PM

And here’s one you’ll really like.

Attached picture 982123F2-F716-4638-B662-0660DA1A2D76.png
Posted By: wildflights

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 05:47 PM

Did the 2nd video not show him running out of a house under construction? Was he a innocent jogger or a fleeing burglar? The Mom said something like what he was doing was not a felony so what did she mean?

I have not seen a second video. If someone has a link, I'd like to see it.
There were some reports of him being in a house under construction.
I don't know whether he was a jogger or a burglar. Defense for pursuit is that he was believed to have been a burglar.
If Ahmaud was committing a felony, then charges shouldn't have been filed at all.

ETA- video of the house under construction. He is seen going into and leaving the house between the 13 and 15 minute marks. In the video, he doesn't look like an innocent jogger. https://www.chicagotribune.com/nati...10-47ezvg5esrdd3lb35fxati6fpu-story.html

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 05:48 PM

do I wish everyone used a good holster , yes

but so long as they don't hurt anyone , no one else right was infringed

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 05:52 PM

If the gun goes off accidentally..........turn the other cheek..
And here’s one you’ll really like.
Posted By: JD Hornet

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 06:11 PM

I agree with Pete and would add a good stiff belt to keep that holster from dangling and flopping around.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 06:18 PM

When a person has no real case they look for the exception to the case to make their weak point by using a poor example. Lol
Posted By: tjm

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 07:07 PM

Quite simply, a permit makes anything a privilege rather than a right. If you buy or support CC permits you are actually anti 2nd Amendment a and anti gun whether you realize it or not.
If you believe the 2nd Amendment gives USA citizens the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, and that it means arms to include all arms; then you must either carry open or carry concealed without a permit.
And if you can't see that, it has been said that you can't be fixed.

Open carry in any circumstance only brings the Rights into the open. It is hard to believe anything that must be hidden is a right, whether you think you are for it or against it.

I don't usually carry, but I wish enough of you who do would self-examine why you would object to anyone else exercising their Constitutional Rights in any manner they want to. Remember to ask yourself if it is a right or a privilege.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by tjm
Quite simply, a permit makes anything a privilege rather than a right. If you buy or support CC permits you are actually anti 2nd Amendment a and anti gun whether you realize it or not.
If you believe the 2nd Amendment gives USA citizens the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, and that it means arms to include all arms; then you must either carry open or carry concealed without a permit.

Open carry in any circumstance only brings the Rights into the open. It is hard to believe anything that must be hidden is a right, whether you think you are for it or against it.

I don't usually carry, but I wish enough of you who do would self-examine why you would object to anyone else exercising their Constitutional Rights in any manner they want to. Remember to ask yourself if it is a right or a privilege.

I can see some of what you’re saying. But, if people just violated the law they end up felons and can’t own guns, so we follow the law and try to get it changed by following the proper channels.

Like saying I support the first amendment but, you should keep your speech to yourself and not tell anyone especially if it might offend someone or encourage them to see things from a different point of view. It puts me on edge to hear people express themselves.... lol...

I suppose the people who are anti 2nd/open carry/concealed carry have the right to their opinion, but they should keep it to themselves in the name of not putting people on edge or making them uncomfortable. I still don’t understand how hiding it behind a shirt or jacket makes it better or worse really.

Have a great day, call your mothers and tell them you love them if you can.

Oh, and I always carry, unless I’m not.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 07:18 PM

If you don’t carry you MUST be anti 2nd amendment then? LOL

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 07:24 PM

Duh! crazy

We don’t have a sarcasm emoji or anything so it’s hard when you can’t talk to people face to face for them to read that. I’m sure if the only way we could talk was face to face, It would go differently than it usually does with all the name calling and middle school BS.

I say live your life how you want. You don’t want to carry, that’s cool, just don’t worry about other folks business if they choose to...

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob

Duh! crazy

We don’t have a sarcasm emoji or anything so it’s hard when you can’t talk to people face to face for them to read that. I’m sure if the only way we could talk was face to face, It would go differently than it usually does with all the name calling and middle school BS.

I say live your life how you want. You don’t want to carry, that’s cool, just don’t worry about other folks business if they choose to...

I was not the one worrying and yes it was sarcasm. LOL

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 07:34 PM

I’m picking up what you’re laying down. grin
Posted By: Mike Cope

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 07:37 PM

Sometimes a guy has to step back and see why he thinks like he does at times. The whole anti thinking process is based on, “ if I don’t do it then others should not then.”

EXACTLY ON POINT

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 07:45 PM

it is certainly possible to not carry and or own a gun and be Pro 2A

what is conflicting is seeking to control the way others carry and be Pro 2A

Just as you can not be Pro 1A

and say things like ,
you can talk about religion , just not that religion.
I recognize your right to free speech but not when what your saying makes me uncomfortable.

when you accept your first amendment Rights you do not get to censor others even if you don't believe their religion.

Pastatarinasim, is most likely a mocking of organized religion , but do you know who said , yup it's a religion we accept it , other organized religions.

Because while they have been established for in some case many centuries , their only proof of their belief is faith.

if they challenge Pastatarianism any challenge is equally a threat to their own religion.

Any challenge to a persons 2nd amendment right is equally a challenge to your own right.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by tjm

tjm:

How man time are you willing to get arrested or put in jail to prove your point? I would like to see you walk into an airport or a court house in Mi. and say it is your right under the 2nd A and you are not leaving. Please try it and let us know. Sorry but I think your above statement is BS. JMO but thank your for your point of view. PS Does your State have the Red Flag Law?

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 08:04 PM

it is certainly possible to not carry and or own a gun and be Pro 2A

what is conflicting is seeking to control the way others carry and be Pro 2A

Just as you can not be Pro 1A

and say things like ,
you can talk about religion , just not that religion.
I recognize your right to free speech but not when what your saying makes me uncomfortable.

when you accept your first amendment Rights you do not get to censor others even if you don't believe their religion.

Pastatarinasim, is most likely a mocking of organized religion , but do you know who said , yup it's a religion we accept it , other organized religions.

Because while they have been established for in some case many centuries , their only proof of their belief is faith.

if they challenge Pastatarianism any challenge is equally a threat to their own religion.

Any challenge to a persons 2nd amendment right is equally a challenge to your own right.

I was pointing out the hypocrisy of telling people what they believe in from a person that does not do it himself I say if it’s legal it’s up to you to do it or not.

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/10/20 08:39 PM

tjm:

How man time are you willing to get arrested or put in jail to prove your point? I would like to see you walk into an airport or a court house in Mi. and say it is your right under the 2nd A and you are not leaving. Please try it and let us know. Sorry but I think your above statement is BS. JMO but thank your for your point of view. PS Does your State have the Red Flag Law?

Just like we accept that there is a limit to the free speech , like yelling fire in a crowded theater and causing the injuries of those trampled.

Some limits on where you can carry , Airports beyond security and Court houses as well as privately owned buildings that are posted , Prisons , psychiatric facilities for the insane.
what most of these have in common is they provide security. Most court houses have metal detectors as do air ports.All are equally unarmed.

Private buildings that are posted because it infringes on the rights of the owner to whom he or she allows into their building. they could equally post a sign that all bears fans wearing bears apparel will be considered trespassing and asked to leave failure to leave will result in prosecution for trespassing. It depends on the state and their particular trespass law but in many states a no guns sign carried exactly the same weight as a no Bears apparel sign.

even if it is one day your goal to challenge court house and air port carry that is not where you start.

in Wisconsin people did almost exactly that, they went to parks , ate at restaurants and followed the law to the letter , recorded interactions with police and when they were prosecuted for an over reach of government authority they sued the department.

at the time disorderly conduct a misdemeanor was the catch all for any behavior the police didn't like.

you keep a society from becoming an unjust police state by challenging the unjust before it becomes a widely accepted norm.

had issuing a disorderly conduct ticket to a man planting a tree in his front yard on private property he owned with a holstered side arm making no threats or threatening actions become an acceptable norm . that would be the definition of an unjust police state.

you may laugh at the thought of that but it really did happen right here in WI.

the challenging of that , the declaration of innocence , and the following lawsuit to recover legal costs and damages for abuse of police authority , over and over and over served to to bring better living for all in Wisconsin.

the Pro gun movement learned a lot from MLKJ lead a peaceful protest , let the police abuse you , record everything , file suit when you have the perfect storm of a case.

many people don't know that Rosa parks was not an old lady , that is what you were taught in school , no she was a younger woman than portrayed , she even had a car , she was an activist with the NAACP. a young pregnant black woman who could not fight being moved to the back of the bus was an inspiration for the events they told you of in school.
so with lawyers ready to act they set up the perfect storm and changed the landscape of race and integration in this country forever.

https://time.com/4125377/rosa-parks-60-years-video/
Posted By: trapper20

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/11/20 02:09 PM

Ive heard and can see both sides. if its concealed the bad guy doesnt know if there is a gun or who has one. It doesnt make the crazies in public call for an outrage of some gun nut on the loose and cause unneeded law enforcement contact.

Open carry is a show of force just from the presence of it and will make the bad guy think twice. Its also easier to get to and draw your firearm if ever needed. it does though cause a lot more disturbances from the anti's and even the uneducated general public.

I feel its everyones right to carry as they see fit. IMO I carry concealed when out in public so I dont get all the unwanted attention and raised eyebrows
Posted By: K52

Re: Why Open Carry! - 05/11/20 06:08 PM

tjm:

Just like we accept that there is a limit to the free speech , like yelling fire in a crowded theater and causing the injuries of those trampled.

Some limits on where you can carry , Airports beyond security and Court houses as well as privately owned buildings that are posted , Prisons , psychiatric facilities for the insane.
what most of these have in common is they provide security. Most court houses have metal detectors as do air ports.All are equally unarmed.

Private buildings that are posted because it infringes on the rights of the owner to whom he or she allows into their building. they could equally post a sign that all bears fans wearing bears apparel will be considered trespassing and asked to leave failure to leave will result in prosecution for trespassing. It depends on the state and their particular trespass law but in many states a no guns sign carried exactly the same weight as a no Bears apparel sign.

even if it is one day your goal to challenge court house and air port carry that is not where you start.

in Wisconsin people did almost exactly that, they went to parks , ate at restaurants and followed the law to the letter , recorded interactions with police and when they were prosecuted for an over reach of government authority they sued the department.

at the time disorderly conduct a misdemeanor was the catch all for any behavior the police didn't like.

you keep a society from becoming an unjust police state by challenging the unjust before it becomes a widely accepted norm.

had issuing a disorderly conduct ticket to a man planting a tree in his front yard on private property he owned with a holstered side arm making no threats or threatening actions become an acceptable norm . that would be the definition of an unjust police state.

you may laugh at the thought of that but it really did happen right here in WI.

the challenging of that , the declaration of innocence , and the following lawsuit to recover legal costs and damages for abuse of police authority , over and over and over served to to bring better living for all in Wisconsin.

the Pro gun movement learned a lot from MLKJ lead a peaceful protest , let the police abuse you , record everything , file suit when you have the perfect storm of a case.

many people don't know that Rosa parks was not an old lady , that is what you were taught in school , no she was a younger woman than portrayed , she even had a car , she was an activist with the NAACP. a young pregnant black woman who could not fight being moved to the back of the bus was an inspiration for the events they told you of in school.
so with lawyers ready to act they set up the perfect storm and changed the landscape of race and integration in this country forever.

https://time.com/4125377/rosa-parks-60-years-video/

It's perfectly legal for me to go in to our county courthouse carrying. You statement isn't true in all states. Heck you even could come here and do the same without any permission slips from the state. We have constitutional carry, we are very, very pro 2nd in Kansas.
Posted By: AJE

Re: Why Open Carry! - 08/29/20 03:41 AM

I like my new shirt

[Linked Image]

I'm always trying to put a plug in for Wi Carry, Inc. smile
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Why Open Carry! - 08/29/20 04:21 AM

I'm going to carry any way I want. If you don't like it, you are free to pound sand. Clear enough?
Posted By: Jiggamitch

Re: Why Open Carry! - 08/29/20 04:35 AM

I think my wife would not have been harassed in the walmart parking lot by a car full of blm morons had she been open carrying today. Not everyone is trying to be a tough guy because they chose to open carry. It is a deterrent to people looking for easy victims.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Why Open Carry! - 08/29/20 03:32 PM

“Why open carry.”

Because politicians have forgotten just how many citizens are armed.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Why Open Carry! - 08/29/20 03:34 PM

A criminal testimony at a trial for robbing and killing a local here.

“He was dressed like he had money and didn’t look like a threat.”
Posted By: PaRay

Re: Why Open Carry! - 08/29/20 09:51 PM

[img]http://[/img][Linked Image]
© 2024 Trapperman Forums