Home

Vermont

Posted By: Trapper Fortin

Vermont - 05/14/20 02:08 PM

Hi all
I used to be on this site a long time ago, I have trapped gor over 15 years, I have gone through 2 advance trappers courses for the Fish and Wildlife department. I took some time off from trapping because I work for the Department of Corrections and it was hard. getting back into t now and looking foward to good feedback and advice as needed. Thank you

Trapper Fortin
Posted By: vermontster

Re: Vermont - 05/14/20 02:15 PM

You the same guy on YouTube that tracks deer during rifle season and on your vide you say that you shot into the brush in the direction you expected the deer went without seeing the deer!
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Vermont - 05/14/20 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by vermontster
You the same guy on YouTube that tracks deer during rifle season and on your vide you say that you shot into the brush in the direction you expected the deer went without seeing the deer!

Boy! If that is you, don’t do that.
Do you have the video?

Welcome back trapper Fortin.

Re: Vermont - 05/14/20 02:49 PM

Delaware Rob it’s on YouTube under Gerald Fortin I don’t remember if it was hunting New Hampshire or maine but during the video he talks about shooting into the brush in the direction he thought the deer would go but it went another direction. I don’t have time to look and look watch them again now and don’t know how to post the video. Maybe not the same guy but if it is I don’t like it that someone would shoot into brush and not even see the deer. Completely irresponsible and in my book shouldn’t be hunting or praised for doing so in such a manner. If you have time I think there’s only a couple videos.

Re: Vermont - 05/14/20 02:51 PM

no its not me, I only use a Recurve during deer season

Re: Vermont - 05/14/20 02:57 PM

send me tthe link see if i know him
Posted By: mushfoot

Re: Vermont - 05/14/20 03:11 PM

welcome back
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Vermont - 05/14/20 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by vermontster
Delaware Rob it’s on YouTube under Gerald Fortin I don’t remember if it was hunting New Hampshire or maine but during the video he talks about shooting into the brush in the direction he thought the deer would go but it went another direction. I don’t have time to look and look watch them again now and don’t know how to post the video. Maybe not the same guy but if it is I don’t like it that someone would shoot into brush and not even see the deer. Completely irresponsible and in my book shouldn’t be hunting or praised for doing so in such a manner. If you have time I think there’s only a couple videos.

Totally agree with you Vermontster!
I found this one.

Re: Vermont - 05/14/20 03:43 PM

dont know him , thanks for the video

Re: Vermont - 05/14/20 03:49 PM

I am glad that’s not you and welcome. I am sorry about the mixup but I agave a friend who was hunting in New York about twenty years ago and was shot in the stomach. He was wearing a orange vest and the person who shot him ran away and it was a 243. He survived but went through years of surgery. I won’t tolerate people poaching (unless you have a family to feed. But not at night or from a truck) or road hunting or sound shooting.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums