Home

MB VS Bridger - Your Thoughts

Posted By: MySide 🦝

MB VS Bridger - Your Thoughts - 05/16/20 10:54 PM

Planning to get some footholds for coyotes and fox. Should I get some MBs or should I go with Bridger and why? Let me know you thoughts!
Posted By: keets

Re: MB VS Bridger - Your Thoughts - 05/17/20 12:43 AM

MB 550
Posted By: newtoga

I started the popcorn!
Posted By: keets

they great
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: MB VS Bridger - Your Thoughts - 05/17/20 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by newtoga
I started the popcorn!

Yeah, here we go! Lol.

You can’t go wrong with either really. I have some of each and they are both good traps.
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: MB VS Bridger - Your Thoughts - 05/17/20 01:04 AM

^^^^ X2
Posted By: strike2x

Re: MB VS Bridger - Your Thoughts - 05/17/20 01:15 AM

Buy a dozen of each, use for a year and decide for yourself.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: MB VS Bridger - Your Thoughts - 05/17/20 01:36 AM

What ^ he said.
I just ordered some 450’s to try out this year on coyotes.
Posted By: forestman3

Re: MB VS Bridger - Your Thoughts - 05/17/20 01:43 AM

Looks like your in Canada.So you need to think about how your going to freeze proof your traps while trapping.The bigger the trap the more wax dirt it takes but when it snows the bigger trap comes up through more snow.If I was trapping where it snowed a lot I would be buying snares and some formula one.
Posted By: Flipper

Re: MB VS Bridger - Your Thoughts - 05/17/20 02:48 AM

Duke 650

Re: MB VS Bridger - Your Thoughts - 05/17/20 02:59 PM

Thanks guys
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: MB VS Bridger - Your Thoughts - 05/17/20 03:54 PM

JMO you have two great product lines so figure out what job you have for them and go from there. All my cordless stuff is black and yellow because Dewalt was one of the first companies to go all out sponsoring individual contestants like Ariat did. And lets face it- both of those companies produce excellent products.

That being said, my big bad drills will probably always be red with black cords b/c Milwakee is the best product I am willing to spend the money on.

For example- for trapping coyotes a dogless Bridger or an MB550 both rock. If I was gonna do a lot of wolf trapping the 750 Alaskan would be a super and affordable chunk of steel. I don't have wolves but maybe I will get a chance to travel someday. I will get a lot more chances to trap lions so the my current arsenal is getting an influx of big heavy Bridger long springs and any cat trapper knows why. I hate to speak for the wolfers but I am betting my cat traps will hold onto a fairly large K9 very well. They could serve my main purpose but then double for beaver back foot work or a vacation to some far off state where wolves are forgetting who is the actual top of the food chain.

Think of it this way. You wouldn't want to buy too many Snap on sockets to frame houses. Maybe get Craftsmen sockets that don't cost as much and invest more into saws, compressors, nail guns, and Estwing framing "persuaders".

Same concept on traps, I would love to have 3 dozen of LPC 8s but I might buy a newer pickup for that kinda jingle.

Just my 2 cents anyway

Re: MB VS Bridger - Your Thoughts - 05/17/20 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
JMO you have two great product lines so figure out what job you have for them and go from there. All my cordless stuff is black and yellow because Dewalt was one of the first companies to go all out sponsoring individual contestants like Ariat did. And lets face it- both of those companies produce excellent products.

That being said, my big bad drills will probably always be red with black cords b/c Milwakee is the best product I am willing to spend the money on.

For example- for trapping coyotes a dogless Bridger or an MB550 both rock. If I was gonna do a lot of wolf trapping the 750 Alaskan would be a super and affordable chunk of steel. I don't have wolves but maybe I will get a chance to travel someday. I will get a lot more chances to trap lions so the my current arsenal is getting an influx of big heavy Bridger long springs and any cat trapper knows why. I hate to speak for the wolfers but I am betting my cat traps will hold onto a fairly large K9 very well. They could serve my main purpose but then double for beaver back foot work or a vacation to some far off state where wolves are forgetting who is the actual top of the food chain.

Think of it this way. You wouldn't want to buy too many Snap on sockets to frame houses. Maybe get Craftsmen sockets that don't cost as much and invest more into saws, compressors, nail guns, and Estwing framing "persuaders".

Same concept on traps, I would love to have 3 dozen of LPC 8s but I might buy a newer pickup for that kinda jingle.

Just my 2 cents anyway

Thanks Leftlane! Really appreciate it!
Posted By: eastwood44mag

Re: MB VS Bridger - Your Thoughts - 05/17/20 04:45 PM

Have both, like both, run both on the same lines, so I'm no help.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums