Home

Stay at Home, Michigan!

Posted By: tlguy

Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/22/20 11:20 PM

Governess Whitless just extended the stay at home order until June 12.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/22/20 11:24 PM

Dang.Easing up here in northern Maine now.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/22/20 11:28 PM

She may be our next Vice President. That’s scary. Actually, all of them are scary.
Posted By: Co�s

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/22/20 11:28 PM

Not up north. It's full on holiday weekend. Was on the road for a bit today and it's an endless stream of campers and ATV trailers and boats from downstate.

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/22/20 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
She may be our next Vice President. That’s scary. Actually, all of them are scary.

I think Biden's puppet masters will be choosing an African American VP, or they risk alienating a large portion of their voters who feel like they saved his hide in the primaries.

Glad to hear not everyone is falling in line with that ridiculous wench, Coos.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/22/20 11:53 PM

I thought Coos supported the Governor, just doing what is necessary to save lives.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 12:01 AM

Oregon opened up in most counties last weekend. Wife and I went to bar/grill we sometimes go to. People were hugging and back slapping and paying little heed to the rules on the chalkboard. My guess is that the virus will be back pretty soon. We're done going out for the foreseeable future that's for sure.
Posted By: BruceDafter

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 12:08 AM

Would have like her to have held off until next week on opening up the UP and NLP. After the holiday weekend. Just over 100 confirmed cases in UP. I'm concerned that is going to climb quickly after Memorial Day.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 12:09 AM

Business's are opening back up whether she wants to or not We starting having church services last Sunday Lakes are loading up with people Of course we adhere to her rule of 10 masks and gloves bleach everything If there are more rules we adhere to those too
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 12:41 AM

She will keep pushing the goal post back .....until election day
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
She will keep pushing the goal post back .....until election day

As long as they let her Nessy. Can she do what she's doing lawfully according to the Constitution???
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Catch22
[quote=Nessmuck]She will keep pushing the goal post back .....until election day

As long as they let her Nessy. Can she do what she's doing lawfully according to the Constitution???

Just be thankfull ...we don’t live there.
Posted By: Co�s

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by walleye101
I thought Coos supported the Governor, just doing what is necessary to save lives.

I don't have a beef with her.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Coös
Not up north. It's full on holiday weekend. Was on the road for a bit today and it's an endless stream of campers and ATV trailers and boats from downstate.

Good for them. Summer has started!
Posted By: John-Chagnon

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 01:37 AM

Kind of hard to stay at home during a flood?
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 01:39 AM

I'm sure you don't. Amen Nessy!
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 01:47 AM

Screw Wretched Hitler
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 01:51 AM

Thought he was going to pick Klobuchar ...
Posted By: Klemke

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 03:36 AM

At some point we need to stop her and I'm afraid it can't wait for an election.
Posted By: Dillrod

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 02:11 PM

Her eyes are on a bigger prize than Michigan.
Anything to stay in the news.
Publicity is free.

She just needs the voters in her food lots called cities, to continue to believe its all in their best interest.
Not too worried if a few voters die from overcrowding and inevitable diseases.
Just bring in more.
People at the borders lining up for a chance at the free ride and lifestyle upgrades offered for their vote.
Posted By: Antelope Montana

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 02:21 PM

The spawn of Stalin.
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 03:13 PM

Can't forget her AG has now said Ford might have to close the plant Trump was at because he wasn't wearing a mask.Yep,it's not about politics.She's just trying to save lives.....I can't believe there's still people in this state stupid enough to believe that.

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 03:22 PM

Yuor right Buck dont forget Dana she led the charge for keeping wolves endangered Probably the reason whittmeers proclamations have not been ruled unconstituitional yet
Posted By: Michigander

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 03:58 PM

Dana Nessel is far worse than Whitmer and Whitmer is about as bad as you can get.
Posted By: coyote addict

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Buck (Zandra)
Can't forget her AG has now said Ford might have to close the plant Trump was at because he wasn't wearing a mask.Yep,it's not about politics.She's just trying to save lives.....I can't believe there's still people in this state stupid enough to believe that.

HEY GRETCHEN send FORD motor company to Wisconsin we will welcome them with open arms ! We could use some good paying union jobs here !
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by jeff karsten
Yuor right Buck dont forget Dana she led the charge for keeping wolves endangered Probably the reason whittmeers proclamations have not been ruled unconstituitional yet

Remember when somebody came up with the claim this virus kills more blacks than whites?And Gretchen closed all golf courses among other places of business?Her esteemed AG twittered"if I have to listen to one more white person complain about not being able to golf while black people are dying.... ".Apparently black people don't golf and white people don't die from covid19.But this is all for our own good.As for all the tourists streaming over the bridge into the UP,I live in the UP and I say come on up.Yeah I know,just wait 2weeks and I'll regret it.I'm shaking in my boots.
Posted By: Teacher

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 08:06 PM

Minnesota is not Michigan and we don’t have your numbers. Still, the wife and I are avoiding folks as much as possible. At close to 70, we know it’s coming. Our concern is that with more and more not heeding social distancing, etc, the next wave is going to come on faster, reducing our chances of health care due to overcrowded care facilities. The lockdowns and social distancing are flattening the curve. Opening up everything makes for steep spikes all over again.

Yes, we need food processing. And I feel for non-essential businesses. But this disease isn’t under control yet and by trying to get back to normal too fast is going to cause spikes in medical facilities we can’t handle, again. But hey, these are just the thoughts of a 70 year old who wants to live a little longer. You do what you want.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Teacher
Minnesota is not Michigan and we don’t have your numbers. Still, the wife and I are avoiding folks as much as possible. At close to 70, we know it’s coming. Our concern is that with more and more not heeding social distancing, etc, the next wave is going to come on faster, reducing our chances of health care due to overcrowded care facilities. The lockdowns and social distancing are flattening the curve. Opening up everything makes for steep spikes all over again.

Yes, we need food processing. And I feel for non-essential businesses. But this disease isn’t under control yet and by trying to get back to normal too fast is going to cause spikes in medical facilities we can’t handle, again. But hey, these are just the thoughts of a 70 year old who wants to live a little longer. You do what you want.

And how many people are dying due to being shut in, i.e., increased suicides, losing their jobs, can’t pay their bills, can’t get their necessary surgeries, staying away from scheduled doctors visits, not getting their necessary cancer treatments, increased alcoholism, etc., etc.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 08:35 PM

Stop watching the news man. Tell a business owner his business is non essential and see what he says. All businesses are essential!
Posted By: corky

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 08:38 PM

Also near 70 with pre-existing conditions. We are all in favor of opening it up but I wish more people used common sense and have some consideration for others for all of our benefits. I live in a tourist/vacation area and the amount of people up here for the weekend is staggering. Most of the nonlocals are partying like crazy with no regard for distancing etc. Prior to this weekend our entire County had 7 confirmed cases. I expect that number to skyrocket now. I hope I'm wrong.

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 08:41 PM

I know what you mean about staggering number of people coming to town. When I lived in Three Lakes, my favorite thing to do on holiday weekends was leave town. Especially if I could head south, that way I never hit traffic leaving or coming home (heading north when everybody else was heading south.)
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 09:33 PM

We are all going to catch it. Taylor county now with one case they believe had it here back in January February. It is a virus just like the flu, no vaccine, just build immunities to it and then it will mutate.

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/23/20 11:11 PM

Of course not.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/24/20 12:01 AM

#MeToo but i want to get it now cause I have a better chance of surviving it now then when I'm 80!!!!

Can anybody prove there are anymore people dying than normally do per week in the US??

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/24/20 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by GROUSEWIT

#MeToo but i want to get it now cause I have a better chance of surviving it now then when I'm 80!!!!

Can anybody prove there are anymore people dying than normally do per week in the US??

Grousewit, If they could they would be pounding us with those statistics, but since they are not I assume the pace is relatively normal. No one wants to report that.
Posted By: Davisfur

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/24/20 12:28 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Finster

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/24/20 02:20 AM

Simply pathetic as usual. Stay at home and cower in the basement. I'm sure others won't mind a bit.
Posted By: run

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/24/20 02:27 AM

Thank fully we can go to the doctor for routine stuff in Virginia.
Posted By: Animals Only

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/24/20 02:39 PM

Not one person is staying home. The roads are just as congested as always.

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/24/20 04:14 PM

If covid19 went unreported like any other flu that killed as many or more would everyone stay at home
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/24/20 04:32 PM

If any of you guys are about to run out of money and not afraid of work, West Tennessee is open for bidness nearly 100%. They had two really big rounds of tornados and hail storms 3 weeks ago and the insurance checks are finding their way into everyone's mail boxes. The storm restorations will be probably the biggest share of $.5 Billion. Roofing, guttering and trim roll breaking, fence work, windows, doors, interior carpentry and trades are just the beginning. On the auto side paintless dent repair tents will be huge money makers for someone.

Hardest hit cities include Jackson, Milan, Medina, and Humbolt (the last 2 little cities got blasted with enormous hail- no one is displaced but they have between 25 and 125K to spend on repairs and need craftsmen and laborers.)

Re: Stay at Home, Michigan! - 05/24/20 07:33 PM

People that arent afraid of work are already working I planted most of yesterday washed and oiled the equiptment at 8 Pm could hardly get my wheels under me to go to church today So the govs stay home order sounds pretty good for today and maybe 2maro Good thing i'm retired laugh
© 2024 Trapperman Forums