Home

The Jury Is Out

Posted By: Foxpaw

The Jury Is Out - 05/26/20 01:55 PM

I figure the jury is out for the next couple of weeks in determining which way we are heading. A good increased out break of more sickness will get more grounds for voting by mail, of which Illinois is already pushing for. I just hope maybe sunlight will somehow affect the spread in the parties outside but you know the old saying"if I wish in one hand and crap in the other which one will get full first". Hope we are not about to get new lesson in hydraulics or that our actions affect our destiny.

Seems Brazil is ratcheting up, wonder if that will affect coffee. Farming areas are least populated but may also be the unprepared. Might see some of those old recipes for chicory or postum coffee resurface. Was on the news this morning that Mexico is blaming their increase on the U.S. I didn't think we was still going in there? Maybe Mexico will want a wall, lol. I doubt it.

Just heard a new rule to me. In a pandemic there is 10-80-10. No its not fertilizer. When bad things happen 10% will act in a responsible way, 80% won't act until someone tells the what to do, and 10% will choose to do the wrong thing.

So seems to me we are in a waiting period and I know how people hate the word wait.
Posted By: cotton

Re: The Jury Is Out - 05/26/20 11:21 PM

Just saw the count for my county today, 23 cases lol oh crap we are all gonna die.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: The Jury Is Out - 05/26/20 11:22 PM

Now ya done it. Put your back to the wall!!!!!
Posted By: pcr2

Re: The Jury Is Out - 05/26/20 11:38 PM

thats over 3 times the number in mine,
Posted By: taser

Re: The Jury Is Out - 05/26/20 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
thats over 3 times the number in mine,

ovwr 3 times here also(7) not a new case in over a month
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: The Jury Is Out - 05/26/20 11:49 PM

Just practice social distancing and all will be well.
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: The Jury Is Out - 05/27/20 12:16 AM

5 deaths in my county (Indiana).

Re: The Jury Is Out - 05/27/20 02:26 AM

Well if we can get past a sharp uptick in the next 7-10 days then maybe it won't be enough for a full court press for the voting by mail. I don't know how long it takes a state to get that thru, and whether there would still be enough time for them to get it thru after the 4th of July crowds, should they have a significant spike. Any body can vote in Illinois by mail now but they want all them ballots mailed out. The libs will make an all out effort cause they not only hate Trumps guts but they can't afford to lose any more judge seats.

I just hope all those crowds in close quarters in those pool party's washed their hands when they got out, lol.
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: The Jury Is Out - 05/27/20 03:13 AM

Social distancing is social conditioning.
Posted By: yask65

Re: The Jury Is Out - 05/27/20 03:18 AM

more people have died from murder than have died from this supposed pandemic
Posted By: Jerry Jr.

Re: The Jury Is Out - 05/27/20 05:36 AM

The plus that I am taking out of all of this is that I now know who the sheep are around me. I was surprised by some of them. I will say that some of them are starting to wake up.

We have to wear a mask at work. Not sure how that will last since we are getting into the summer heat.
Posted By: Nelly

Re: The Jury Is Out - 05/27/20 05:44 AM

Watch out for jury tampering.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: The Jury Is Out - 05/27/20 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jerry Jr.
The plus that I am taking out of all of this is that I now know who the sheep are around me. I was surprised by some of them. I will say that some of them are starting to wake up.

We have to wear a mask at work. Not sure how that will last since we are getting into the summer heat.

I'm thinking masks may be deemed ineffective after all.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: The Jury Is Out - 05/27/20 10:08 AM

If the state of KS wants me to wear a mask the legislature will need to pass a law. I am not a subject or chattel belonging to the governor.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: The Jury Is Out - 05/27/20 10:37 AM

Numbers are up here in AR since reopening. The media loves it and plays it up. However, they don't seem to concerned in reporting that testing is up.
Foxpaw rest assured we'll have a spike in cases, that's for certain. It's set up that way.
Posted By: goatman

Re: The Jury Is Out - 05/27/20 11:18 AM

Foxpaw you know in Illinois it won't make difference if they mail out ballots or not. Chicago will still out vote the rest of the state. They need a federal prosecutor to clean house and fill our prisons back up. And I could get behind that kind of tax increase to pay the bill.

Re: The Jury Is Out - 05/27/20 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by goatman
Foxpaw you know in Illinois it won't make difference if they mail out ballots or not. Chicago will still out vote the rest of the state. They need a federal prosecutor to clean house and fill our prisons back up. And I could get behind that kind of tax increase to pay the bill.

You are exactly right there. It seems we are a trend setter for corruption, if they can't get their schemes to work in Illinois then its probably not doable. I have thought instead of putting all that money in prisons we should just export them, but then we exported Hilary and Obama and look what that did to the rest of the country. Maybe we could just fence in Chicago cheaper and take back Springfield, lol. Good fences make good neighbors!
Posted By: cotton

Re: The Jury Is Out - 05/27/20 01:26 PM

Just saw the count for my county today, 23 cases lol oh crap we are all gonna die.

Re: The Jury Is Out - 05/27/20 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by CoonsBane
Social distancing is social conditioning.

I've thought a lot about the 6' thing. I think what direction the air is going can nullify that quickly. As far as distancing being conditioning, if it works I'm for it, It may be inconvenient for a time but it not as distancing as death and going across the great divide from which there is no return. Not that that will be a bad thing, if it is Gods' Will. But if I'm of sound mind and can avoid death and don't then to me that would that would be nearing suicide of which that trip across that divide would possibly be a bad one. So when I hear the beating of the wings of the Angle of Death I try to stay on the other side of the hedge. I have two eyes one of which to mind my business here and one to watch the heavens. Should God lift that hedge here then I'm headed across that Great River and will be met where there is no social distancing.

I've been paying attention to a nursing home I think in Ohio in which the providers moved in and kept isolated and sanitized everything brought in and have been able to avoid any cases so far. So I think we can distance ourselves from it. Of course some may say they are just old people and gonna die anyway and what's the use? That's a lengthy debate probably longer than the covid19 one and certainly alot older.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: The Jury Is Out - 05/27/20 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
If the state of KS wants me to wear a mask the legislature will need to pass a law. I am not a subject or chattel belonging to the governor.

Danny are you a John Birch Society member?
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: The Jury Is Out - 05/27/20 03:01 PM

"...1% of the counties in the U.S. are responsible for half of the country’s coronavirus cases and more than half of the deaths."

"Overall, just 11% of the counties in the U.S. contain nearly 95% of all the COVID-19 deaths."

"...52% of all U.S. counties have had zero COVID-19 deaths as of May 4."

"...as of May 4, just 10 states account for 70% of all U.S. cases and 77% of all deaths."

"66% of all U.S. counties have no more than one coronavirus death, 80% have five or fewer, 86% have 10 or fewer, and 89% have fewer than 15."

"Put another way, only about 10% of the counties in the U.S. have 15 or more COVID-19 deaths, and throughout the epidemic, the spread of COVID has remained highly concentrated in a handful of geographic locations in the U.S."

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/05/07/over-half-of-us-counties-have-had-no-covid-19-deaths/
Posted By: Boco

Re: The Jury Is Out - 05/27/20 03:34 PM

I remember the old days when you could work on a construction site with a ball cap and running shoes.Now its mandatory hard hats and steel toes.
I remember my old Foreman telling the safety guy when he told us we would have to wear steel toed boots and hard hats-"there's an awful lot of man between the top of his head and the tips of his toes".

I see the future.

Re: The Jury Is Out - 05/27/20 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
I remember the old days when you could work on a construction site with a ball cap and running shoes.Now its mandatory hard hats and steel toes.
I remember my old Foreman telling the safety guy when he told us we would have to wear steel toed boots and hard hats-"there's an awful lot of man between the top of his head and the tips of his toes".

I see the future.

My wife's Grandpa was quite a character. He was working on construction in 1929 building the old bridge at New Harmony , Ind, He went bare foot always except in froze weather. He made fine till one day some authority told him he had to have shoes on. So next day he complied and wore shoes and stepped on a board with a nail in it and went half way thru his foot. He was mad and told 'em if he hadn't had them shoes on he would have felt that nail in time to pull back.

He raised 8 boys and a girl. He was cutting logs with another guy in a big snow fall and a snow covered tree kicked back on him. The other guy rode horse back 7 miles to get help and they hauled him out, but died that night.

New Harmony was built by a commune and a few years later they had problems and sold it to another utopian group and they had problems within as well and split up. It was and still is a beautiful town.
Posted By: Cootswatter

Re: The Jury Is Out - 05/27/20 06:23 PM

Lets get back to work. My business has lost on average $40K per month from this media funded pandemic. No reparations for me. The country will take a minimum of , best estimates 15 years to recover from the close to 6 trillion we just allowed the government to get their greedy hands on.

Re: The Jury Is Out - 05/27/20 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Cootswatter
Lets get back to work. My business has lost on average $40K per month from this media funded pandemic. No reparations for me. The country will take a minimum of , best estimates 15 years to recover from the close to 6 trillion we just allowed the government to get their greedy hands on.

I feel for you man. I wouldn't know what to even say that would be of benefit to you. But yes we need this country back to work and producing again. I hope for a miracle that after the masses are out again that the virus won't pick up. I don't know what type of business you are in but many have been hurt a lot harder than others. Some that have what they call essentials mixed in with other products that are not essentials but allowed to stay open and sell all of it is not fair for the others that never had essentials and couldn't open.
I kinda relate this period right now to when Moses led the people out and got to the Red Sea and the people panicked. Imagine the pressure put on Moses for God to produce. The people were tired and hungry. It always gets darkest before it get light. Sometimes we get to the end of our rope and when we do we have to tie a knot in that rope and hang on and keep hanging on. I've been where I just had to take one day at a time and at one point that was too long and had to cut that down.
A few years ago a man and woman and two babies got lost and stuck in a snowstorm out in the Rockies. After a couple days they had burned the tires off their car. In desperation the husband went back down the way they had came and maybe ran into a bear or tried to take a short cut and got lost and made a circle back almost to the car and froze to death. But an airplane seen his tracks and followed them to the car and the the girl and two kids survived.
But the bad part was if he had just went the direction in which they was going only a mile or so up the road there was a lodge that had closed for the winter that had enough provisions they could have lasted til spring.
So the moral that I'm pointing out is never give up because there may just be a miracle around that next bend! I hope the best for you.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums