Home

Global Warming

Posted By: jeff karsten

Global Warming - 05/27/20 03:58 PM

sixth day in a row with 85+ degree temperatures that's more then we had the last two summers last nite 70 degrees at midnight opened the windows last year nite time temps were in the 40's all summer Is Global Warming making a comeback for the Election
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Global Warming - 05/27/20 04:03 PM

No just Mother Nature at work. We are cool down here
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Global Warming - 05/27/20 04:21 PM

Couple days ago I almost broke a sweat, I figure global warming is back for the summer atleast. Al Gore must have leased a jet and went and picked up Greta Thunberg to help on Joe's campaign and added more carbon. But don't worry Al plants a tree each time he travels to wipe out his carbon tracks!
Posted By: corky

Re: Global Warming - 05/27/20 04:28 PM

79 degrees here. 2 weeks ago it snowed for 3 days straight. Just weather.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Global Warming - 05/27/20 06:00 PM

We had almost 10 days of 20 degree below normal temps a couple weeks ago.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Global Warming - 05/27/20 10:22 PM

I was watching a program on the universe last week and they said the temperature that the sun burns at is increasing over time. How about that for global warming?
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Global Warming - 05/27/20 10:54 PM

The term "social distancing" has replaced "climate change" among the cool kids. I kinda miss algore.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Global Warming - 05/28/20 02:07 AM

No global warming here in Virginia. The largemouth bass are still on the beds (they are usually done by the end of April), and the bluegills haven't started bedding yet.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Global Warming - 05/28/20 03:30 AM

Note the link below regarding this last April, also Jan-Feb were way warmer than recent historical averages.
Not getting into who or what is responsible but when using global as the thread title then one should think in global terms and not one's backyard.

Bryce

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weat...ritory-2020-heads-disquieting-milestone/
Posted By: Co�s

Re: Global Warming - 05/28/20 03:34 AM

It's too warm when I want it too be cold and too cold when I want it to be warm. Not sure who's responsible but I don't like it.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Global Warming - 05/28/20 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by bblwi
Note the link below regarding this last April, also Jan-Feb were way warmer than recent historical averages.
Not getting into who or what is responsible but when using global as the thread title then one should think in global terms and not one's backyard.

Bryce

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weat...ritory-2020-heads-disquieting-milestone/

The article says the culprit is "human caused climate change", no ifs, ands or buts. The verdict is in - no room for discussion or dissention.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Global Warming - 05/28/20 03:30 PM

I was just relating the readings and not trying to make a political statement as the article is doing. If you have better April 2020 world temperature readings by all means you can list those on this thread.

Bryce
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Global Warming - 05/28/20 03:56 PM

Maybe we should do what the dinosaurs did to cool us down.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Global Warming - 05/28/20 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Yukon John

Well what did they do? We are becoming a cold blooded race so maybe that's helping. I guess maybe they could have used air conditioners but I don't think the Tennessee Valley Authority was in existence then. Don't think we can grow bigger heads, most of the populations heads are too big already. So I'm at a loss?
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Global Warming - 05/28/20 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Foxpaw
Originally Posted by Yukon John

Well what did they do? We are becoming a cold blooded race so maybe that's helping. I guess maybe they could have used air conditioners but I don't think the Tennessee Valley Authority was in existence then. Don't think we can grow bigger heads, most of the populations heads are too big already. So I'm at a loss?

I'm not sure what they did, I'll have to research that.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums