Home

Who's burning wood?

Posted By: run

Who's burning wood? - 06/02/20 12:07 PM

I'm burning old locust. I know I am weird burning wood for heat in June but it sure feels good.
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: Who's burning wood? - 06/02/20 12:19 PM

I stopped in early May.
I rarely run the furnace after we stop burning.

I do know what you mean about feeling nice.
Nothing better than wood heat.
Posted By: tightwad

Re: Who's burning wood? - 06/02/20 12:36 PM

Same as you Run, thought done Memorial weekend. Then here came rain and cooler. Not real money saver, just feels good.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Who's burning wood? - 06/02/20 01:24 PM

Lol run, are you running the AC at the same time? It’s so hot here during the summer if I don’t have the AC on its 25 in the house real fast!
I couldn’t imagine adding more heat lol.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Who's burning wood? - 06/02/20 01:28 PM

i'd have to lie to say i didn't think about it this morning.cold and damp.

but i put on my apron and got after cleanin house and warmed up quick.
Posted By: woodtick

Re: Who's burning wood? - 06/02/20 01:37 PM

Like pcr2 said, it was/is cool and damp here this morning, I wish I would've made a fire on

Re: Who's burning wood? - 06/02/20 01:50 PM

It 60*F here, Jurassic Park. It doesn't really want to warm up today so far. I'm kinda high elevation. This way if I take a shower , I don't have to use so much hot water LOL. My water heater is in sorry shape. No, it doesn't leak but it's not the most reliable, it's a little bit like Coonman's Colorado.
Posted By: Finster

Re: Who's burning wood? - 06/02/20 02:07 PM

Sounds like my wife who will turn on the ac to 65 and then sit there with blankets on! Drives me crazy! crazy
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Who's burning wood? - 06/02/20 02:18 PM

It was in the low 40s here Sunday night into Monday morning. My wife asked me to build a chill chaser. I built a fire and she lit it a couple hours before she went to bed. Before she turns in she throws some big stuff on and damps it down. We let it go out during the day.
Posted By: white17

Re: Who's burning wood? - 06/02/20 02:54 PM

46 here. I have the windows open trying to cool off. Wish I had A/C.

High elevation in Virginia ???????? laugh
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Who's burning wood? - 06/02/20 03:57 PM

Still in the low 30's at times , so a small fire to take the chill off is nice. Especially on cool wet rainy nights, it is nice. Otherwise, no fire .

Re: Who's burning wood? - 06/02/20 04:09 PM

It's a really small woodstove almost as small as scuba 1' s woodstove.
Posted By: Dana I

Re: Who's burning wood? - 06/02/20 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Finster
Sounds like my wife who will turn on the ac to 65 and then sit there with blankets on! Drives me crazy! crazy

Sounds like we are married to the same woman. Lol
Posted By: Prn

Re: Who's burning wood? - 06/02/20 07:41 PM

Been in the mid 90's the last two days, a/c is on.
Posted By: Newt

Re: Who's burning wood? - 06/02/20 09:01 PM

Year round
Heat and hot water
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Who's burning wood? - 06/02/20 09:07 PM

90 degrees here , cleaning out the odd lengths that won't fit in my stove and other junk and sending it to the neighbors to burn in their camp fires at night.

have about a cord cut and split on the trailer to put away then I am done with wood till fall , run some star=tron treated gas in my saws and put them away till it is below 40 again.

should have been done 3 weeks ago but right after cutting and loading it on the trailer the DR and my leg forced me to take a few weeks off.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Who's burning wood? - 06/02/20 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by run
I'm burning old locust. I know I am weird burning wood for heat in June but it sure feels good.

Man....must have some thin blood. Being in Virginia figured you wouldve stopped burning in March. Must be like living in a sauna.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums