Home

caldwell stable table portable shooting table ?

Posted By: g smith

caldwell stable table portable shooting table ? - 06/06/20 11:42 PM

I am normally not a buyer of ready made shooting toys ,usually make stuff myself but I am going to buy a portable table for load development so I can shoot away from home at longer yardages. After resting on the pickup for years I now realize my shooting has gone downhill with my age ! These tables are about $225 ,lots of others also .The "Lite model is some cheaper .Any recommendations are welcome.
Posted By: albtrapper

Re: caldwell stable table portable shooting table ? - 06/07/20 01:19 AM

Last two Caldwell products i bought were made in CHINA , no more for me !
Posted By: charles

Re: caldwell stable table portable shooting table ? - 06/07/20 01:23 AM

A few years ago I shot from a homemade table that had rebar attached to the four legs. The rods were pushed into the earth and made the table very steady.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: caldwell stable table portable shooting table ? - 06/07/20 03:10 AM

I think I would build a 3 legged saw horse make a tray to hold a few good sand bags and make yourself a sock of rice for a rear bag and go shoot

but then what do I know I do most of my load development laying on the ground , a good shooting mat is 50 dollars and it is hard to get more stable than prone.

Re: caldwell stable table portable shooting table ? - 06/08/20 04:32 AM

Thanks alb,charles and Pete, as far as laying down for me seems like no place to do it ,weeds grass etc or you cannot see at all .only very special places ! I am going to look at these if one is on display in the city and might do it . All the folks on several gun forums are well pleased .

Re: caldwell stable table portable shooting table ? - 07/03/20 10:46 PM

I got this table and it is great .Lots of stuff you buy is junk this table is well made and very functional !
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: caldwell stable table portable shooting table ? - 07/03/20 10:50 PM

Do you have a link to this table?

Re: caldwell stable table portable shooting table ? - 07/05/20 02:29 PM

Lugnut I do not know how but it is not the light model but the regular one . About $160 to $200 you will be impressed
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: caldwell stable table portable shooting table ? - 07/05/20 03:31 PM

This one?
Posted By: Claypool313

Re: caldwell stable table portable shooting table ? - 07/05/20 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by g smith
I got this table and it is great .Lots of stuff you buy is junk this table is well made and very functional !

I agree. Have the same one. Well worth the money. Not very portable if you have to walk a distance to setup. Thats a compliment to its helf. The adjustability it great for shooters of all sizes. Im using mine to teach wife and daughter to shoot. It is sufficient for solid holds to at least the 100 yards ive attempted so far.

Re: caldwell stable table portable shooting table ? - 07/06/20 02:01 AM

That’s the one lug nut and you will like it

Re: caldwell stable table portable shooting table ? - 07/06/20 02:02 AM

Pull a few pins and you have it in several pieces in just a minute and you can carry it wherever you want
© 2024 Trapperman Forums