Home

BMI Traps

Posted By: Duckie1

BMI Traps - 06/07/20 02:39 PM

Thanks to all those with tips on tracking down sources for purchasing BMI traps. The company is still in business producing and selling a full line of body grips, I purchased a few dozen 55 mags and 110 mags from them. They have a web page under B.M.I. Butera Manufacturing that lists products and contacts, however, the web page is not setup for sales but you can get great service through the direct contacts. Thanks for the tips and good luck trapping.
Posted By: Computer Hater

Re: BMI Traps - 06/07/20 04:40 PM

Best bodygrippers on the market in my opinion.
Posted By: yoteguts

Re: BMI Traps - 06/07/20 05:49 PM

Tried calling left message. No luck. Been trying for over a month. Won’t return calls. They must not want to sell traps very bad.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: BMI Traps - 06/07/20 08:10 PM

Love their coni triggers
Posted By: JackPine

Re: BMI Traps - 10/01/20 08:58 AM

It appears their website is now down.
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: BMI Traps - 10/01/20 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by JackPine

Uh oh.

Hope we haven’t lost BMI for good
Posted By: whartonrattrappe

Re: BMI Traps - 10/01/20 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Aix sponsa
Originally Posted by JackPine

Uh oh.

Hope we haven’t lost BMI for good

They're still there, just busy making traps. I don't think anyone mans the phones.
Not sure on posting it here, but if you e-mail them they will respond.
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: BMI Traps - 10/01/20 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Computer Hater
Best bodygrippers on the market in my opinion.

High quality product that’s made in USA at or close to the price of imported traps, in some cases lower. Sounds good to me
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: BMI Traps - 10/01/20 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by yoteguts
Tried calling left message. No luck. Been trying for over a month. Won’t return calls. They must not want to sell traps very bad.

They've run that way for years.
Posted By: camlock

Re: BMI Traps - 10/01/20 01:22 PM

I called them a couple of years ago and had no problem. I had some old victor double jaw no. 1 coils that needed new springs and ordered a couple dozen. FYI, I could not find or order the correct springs for a no. 1 coil. They were way to strong. So I purchased the correct replacements from BMI. They make the Onida Victor line of traps today.
Posted By: HayDay

Re: BMI Traps - 10/01/20 02:37 PM

I've been trying to reach them for two months. No response to email either. Shame, cause they do make a good trap. If they are still making traps, but are unable to fill orders, perhaps they could farm that out to somebody else? Or hire a dedicated person to fill orders?
Posted By: Boco

Re: BMI Traps - 10/01/20 02:52 PM

I used a lot of BMI bodygrips for beaver and marten back in the 90's.Still have some of the 330's,which I still use. I also still have several dozens of the 120's.I use a few of the 120's for mink but most are sitting in a big trunk in the shed.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: BMI Traps - 10/01/20 02:56 PM

I didn't have a lot of their traps, but the ones I had were all good top notch traps.
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: BMI Traps - 10/01/20 03:35 PM

I wonder if a guy contacted Victor first,then asked them about ordering BMIs,being they're all own by the same company,actually the same family.
Posted By: coonrich

Re: BMI Traps - 10/01/20 10:59 PM

Oneida victor website down also.
Posted By: coonrich

Re: BMI Traps - 10/01/20 11:02 PM

Oneida victor website down also.
Posted By: proratman

Re: BMI Traps - 10/01/20 11:13 PM

The best bodygrip for the money! Love their BT 300 Beaver Buster! 8" high with a 10" width. Great in states that require traps to be set completely underwater like they do in Maine. Also great size sometimes to set under a log that is permanently over a small brook.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: BMI Traps - 10/02/20 01:02 AM

What was the older Butera that started the trap making? I used to see him at the national conventions all the time. He introduced a little trap he called the canine wolfer, I think was what he called it. Nice little fox trap, but awfully small for coyotes. I bought some jaws out of those traps from him and put them in 1.75 victors, and made a nice trap. Those jaws were processed with an offset pressed into them, and were work hardened so much that I had to build a jig to put them in the Vics. Next convention I went to, he had passed away, and was a young man yet. Heart attack is what I heard was the cause. I think his boy is running the company now.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums