Posted By: dkrug

Pauls transmssion update? - 06/09/20 03:20 AM

Did I miss it ?

Re: Pauls transmssion update? - 06/09/20 03:25 AM

Thanks
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Pauls transmssion update? - 06/09/20 04:24 AM

It's still the same as it was. The mechanic I use to do most of the fixing on it is at the beach self quarantined. I think he's got a hot woman over there and doesn't want to leave - lol. Anyway when I start my three month break the first of July, I'm going to hand it over to him and see if he can figure it all out. It's still getting 12mpg. I'm glad the gas is cheap right now. The tail pipe is black as coal, so it's definitely running rich. Hopefully, he'll be able to unravel the mystery.

Re: Pauls transmssion update? - 06/09/20 04:34 AM

Thanks
Thought I missed the rest of the story.
Posted By: rockmurph

Re: Pauls transmssion update? - 06/09/20 04:53 AM

Didnt quite see your whole post but seen 12mpg problem. As a mechanic one of the only times I've seen poor fuel mileage problem ended up being an intake air temp sensor reading way off from real temps. That was on a lincoln navigator with a 5.4 engine. Changed sensor out and improved immediately.
Posted By: hillbillyjake

Re: Pauls transmssion update? - 06/09/20 09:29 AM

@Paul. Maybe apples to oranges and not as drastic as your situation but I recently had a new clutch, pressure plat, throw out bearing resurface fly wheel and slave cylinder installed on my truck. 09 Tacoma extended cab, 2.7 4x4. I gained an average of 2.5 MPG over 3 tanks of gas after that work was done. Just another avenue to think about.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Pauls transmssion update? - 06/09/20 10:33 AM

Thought about this the other day when I was inspecting a toy pick-up.

I'm still thinking a wire is pinched somewhere to a sensor, or damaged sensor. I've been wrong many times tho.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums