Home

What iron and softening system?

Posted By: Cibarius

What iron and softening system? - 06/09/20 11:41 PM

I'm looking for opinions on iron removal and softening systems. We currently have a culligan system. It uses way too much water to regenerate and has been high maintenance. Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: What iron and softening system? - 06/10/20 12:07 AM

Hellenbrand water softener/conditioner Has a programmable head that only regenerates the system based upon water usage. Very reliable system as well.

Chris
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: What iron and softening system? - 06/10/20 12:12 AM

Iron curtain
Posted By: mfergu8

Re: What iron and softening system? - 06/10/20 12:23 AM

Recommend Kinetico. Dad sold and installed them back in the late 70's and 80's most are still running today. They are more pricey today. They use no electricity.
Posted By: dustytinner

Re: What iron and softening system? - 06/10/20 12:41 AM

I just put in one from fleet farm. It is made by waterite out of Appleton,Wis.
Very easy to install and super customer service. I called and talked to the service guy before I bought one with some questions. Then I bought one and called him back on friday about 4:30 . I had my water test numbers and wanted him to tell me how often it should back flush and set that part up. He called me back at 4:58 and told me what to do. He said he wasn't gonna let me hang on a Friday night! My iron count was 1 below what fleet farm could test to. I flushed my lines for about an hour and I HAVE CLEAN WATER!!! I flushed my lines because I bypassed the filter while I was hooking it up and when I took the old cartridge filter out it blew all that rust through my plumbing. I am very happy with this filter. It looks like a gas tank you use on a welder.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums