Home

Positive note: Shoutout to Bill Duke

Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Positive note: Shoutout to Bill Duke - 06/13/20 04:52 AM

Last year I bought a half dozen Duke 550s to try. After making some coyote catches in those traps, I did notice a couple of them had the levers bent. Nothing a screwdriver couldn't fix but I had reached out to Mr. Duke in Fall of last year and mentioned the bent levers on just a few of those traps. I also told him that I was very happy with the traps and that all my catches in them (6 total catches in those traps) were all deep catches right above the rear, big pad. He said they were coming out with stronger levers to alleviate that problem. Well out of the blue today Bill emails me and asks for my address and says he's going to send me the stronger replacement levers free of charge. I appreciated that a lot and let him know. While my favorite coyote trap is the Bridger #3, I will say that those Duke 550s are one nice trap. We'll see how they hold up in their second full season of use, but I am going to pick up another half dozen here pretty soon, just because the price is right and the quality is right. And yes I do own and support the Caven's and their traps and run MB750s in both beaver and wolf and have 2 MB550s. I just haven't had any catches in the MB550s yet, although that is completely user error.
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: Positive note: Shoutout to Bill Duke - 06/13/20 05:18 AM

I won't argue with that and Nancy Caven has provided me some excellent customer service with free replacements of broken groundhog diggers. And their staff is great I can always call with any question I want. I just wanted to give a shoutout to a guy who gets a lot of flak lately.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Positive note: Shoutout to Bill Duke - 06/13/20 10:59 AM

Bill Duke rocks.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Positive note: Shoutout to Bill Duke - 06/13/20 11:03 AM

been playin with the 1 1/2's and am impressed.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Positive note: Shoutout to Bill Duke - 06/13/20 11:11 AM

the duke's , mtp , f&t , pcs, an many more places are all great company an great people to work with , we as trapper are luckily to have so many great people to supply us with stuff
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Positive note: Shoutout to Bill Duke - 06/13/20 11:31 AM

I’ll second that Trapper Dahlgren and add JC Connor, Kendall Obermier, Nick Erny, Jim Tate, WCS and a pile of others that are also providing valuable products to trappers.
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Positive note: Shoutout to Bill Duke - 06/13/20 01:44 PM

Bill Duke is a great guy, super nice and will help you anyway he can, he also donates tons of traps to trappers organizations for their events.
I have more duke traps than any other brand, no problems to report.
Posted By: jk

Re: Positive note: Shoutout to Bill Duke - 06/13/20 10:02 PM

The last three posts are right one!!!!!
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Positive note: Shoutout to Bill Duke - 06/13/20 10:11 PM

You can find duke traps at my place. DP's, 120 220 and 330's, 1 1/2 coil springs. Been a lot of fur harvested with duke traps in spite of what several on tman like to say.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Positive note: Shoutout to Bill Duke - 06/13/20 10:19 PM

Caught my first few yotes in a duke 1.75. Like and use the 1.5s and 3s rj also. Thanks
© 2024 Trapperman Forums