Home

30.00 non resident trapping license

Posted By: kytrapper

30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 02:54 PM

Do any of you have a non resident trapping license this low or know of any state that does?
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 03:04 PM

Our resident trapping is more then that.
Posted By: red mt

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 03:11 PM

250 just for coyotes here

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 03:14 PM

We’ve had a casual suggestion from someone in authority to lower ours to that, the nearly same price as resident. I’ve never heard any other wildlife dept lowering to that or lowering at all except Tennessee. Trying to formulate a response.
Posted By: adam m

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 03:20 PM

Someone on here made an extensive list of states fees.

NR here is $345 plus other tags and you need a trappers ed course now, even if you are just predator hunting.

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by kytrapper
We’ve had a casual suggestion from someone in authority to lower ours to that, the nearly same price as resident. I’ve never heard any other wildlife dept lowering to that or lowering at all except Tennessee. Trying to formulate a response.

The only reason that makes sense would be ADC type of results beyond the scope of the game dept.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 03:35 PM

What would be the advantage to bring in non- resident trappers? reciprocity?

I don't mind, just curious.

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 03:35 PM

We’re already one of the cheapest in the nation. Ironically i think in part it’s to encourage more beaver trapping on which we were shot down on last year for our own residents. It’s just a verbal mention right now we’re providing our feedback. I believe the intent is good to encourage more furbearer take but I’d like to see more consideration to doing away with the 24 hour check on lethal sets and extend through March for us if they want more beaver taken.

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 03:43 PM

Doing away with the 24 hr check on Beaver would be a game changer...Much larger harvest possibilities.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 03:43 PM

Unless I'm getting an old price the Kentucky thing says $130.00 for non resident. Still cheap and reasonable.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 04:20 PM

Wyoming NR was 200 a few years ago.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 04:23 PM

If they want beaver gone just keep the season open all year. In Georgia there is no closed season hunting/trapping for coyotes or beaver.
And if our trapping ID’s are equivalent to the number of trappers then we don’t have many.
Posted By: Ave

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 04:32 PM

We’re already one of the cheapest in the nation. Ironically i think in part it’s to encourage more beaver trapping on which we were shot down on last year for our own residents. It’s just a verbal mention right now we’re providing our feedback. I believe the intent is good to encourage more furbearer take but I’d like to see more consideration to doing away with the 24 hour check on lethal sets and extend through March for us if they want more beaver taken.

How’s your beaver trapping down that way? I’m assuming it’s pretty good?
Posted By: jk

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 04:34 PM

New York trapping license went down from $300 to $250 a few years ago. And the fishing license did too from $70 to $50. But before that they raised it or even doubled it from the previos amount. Nonresident licenses......jk

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 04:43 PM

Beaver are strong what with the prices. Lots of landowner complaints as well as counties unplugging culverts. I think there’s a big concern with the otters as we have a limit. I believe giving us a 48 check and going into March would remove more beavers than anything else but they wouldn’t go for it when we asked.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 04:50 PM

How does a 48 hr check compared to a 24 hr check give you a bigger harvest? Just curious

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 04:53 PM

Well you can run twice the traps or operate at half the cost.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 05:04 PM

But you could have caught 2 beavers in the trap on those two day checks instead of 1. Doubling your harvest without running more traps
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 05:12 PM

Florida's NR trapping license is $25.

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 05:15 PM

Just takes a few weeks to earn that $25 back.LOL
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Turtledale
But you could have caught 2 beavers in the trap on those two day checks instead of 1. Doubling your harvest without running more traps

That's the theory.what's fact is if you're running 25 traps a day you could concievably run 50,with the latter 25 set on new areas.

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 05:27 PM

Yes that is possible I guess. I have several times, especially on larger water, caught one and done. What we asked for was all water animals using lethal sets. Tennessee went that way and it’s just nothing but good for trappers. I would like the flexibility to do it both ways. It’d be good , to me, to do an initial 24 check and then go 48 and pull. I catch the most first night of set heavy.

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Turtledale

Yeah, but you can't cover as much fresh territory and skim the cream, that's the game changer.
Posted By: marathonman

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 05:40 PM

I believe Delaware NR trapping license is about 36.00 ..some one correct me if I am wrong?......lets see that would take about 9 red fox to pay for at todays market?
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 05:41 PM

I think PAs is really cheap too?
Posted By: hippie

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I think PAs is really cheap too?

Posted By: AnthonyT

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 06:02 PM

I trap in two other states besides KY - the license is way higher in both than for a resident license - but 48 hour checks on kill sets and no limits on otter or bobcats. You can hammer beaver on a 48 hour check. Being able to run 2 lines is a huge advantage. You can set one in a familiar area and know you will catch some, then set the other in a prospect area and roll the dice. Granted where I am trapping if it is wet you will catch beaver, and otter, and rats, and nutria (yep, even in KY).

As far as lowering the non-resident rate to $30, I agree they need to fix our check on water kill sets and extend the season through March before even discussing dropping the non-resident rate.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 06:16 PM

Yes that non-res price is more in line with our res price here.
Jim
Posted By: dunit

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 06:34 PM

In favor of extend check times but the simple facts are fur market and prices drive the harvest not attracting out of state trappers (Not opposed to out of staters). Hobby trappers will never take enough furbearers to keep populations in check and most folk don't wanna pay for removal (I know from experience). Until groups outside of trapping organizations start promoting the use of fur we will see desperate attempts by wildlife agency's to find ways of controlling population without employing trappers on a payroll.
Posted By: Hanger

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 08:18 PM

Florida is $26.50
Posted By: MChewk

Re: 30.00 non resident trapping license - 06/16/20 08:41 PM

Just a thought....With fur prices plummeting.... license prices need to be in order.
And a longer ck law is in the trapper and DNRs favor.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums