Home

Suspenders who uses them?

Posted By: Macthediver

Suspenders who uses them? - 06/17/20 05:59 PM

I just bought a new style suspender to try. After my cancer surgery the way the doc cut me and put me back together. I have hard time wearing a belt. During the winter I wear Bibs a lot and that is OK then. But when weather gets warm and now hot sticky. I'd rather just have on jeans and T-shirt, is what I've worn most my life. Thing is I've lost so much muscle in my butt last several years.. At least that is what doc told me and I said so I've literally lost my arse ?? LOL!
That has me shaped so I can't keep my pants up even with a belt. Belt needs to be so tight just not comfortable ..
Couple weeks back I see and add for these new type suspenders.. At least new to me so ordered me a pair. I have regular suspenders but can't wear them unless I tuck my shirt in.. Which also don't work so well for me any more with scars and such. Never did wear them tucked in in summer anyway.
So I got me the new suspenders and I have to say their not to bad.. Chaff just a bit on my shoulders when I'm really working. I do have sensitive skin LMAO!
So their not as bad as a belt and also having to pull my pants back up every few steps..
Wonder has anyone else tried these? little spendy and when first saw them thought maybe could get them at Duluth Trading. Called talked to them not so.
https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&am...qAhVlRTABHXIJDXUQ9aACegQIDRA1&adurl=

I may actually have to get another pair for Sunday go to meetins,,They also don't interfere with my Batman utility belt :-)

Mac
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/17/20 06:00 PM

how do ya think Moosie keeps that thong up? wink

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/17/20 06:02 PM

I thought Moosie did that all-natural eek

Mac
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/17/20 06:03 PM

I wore suspenders for years, but the last 3 or so years I've gone completely bibs. I got tired of the fight between my belt buckle and belly.

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/17/20 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by J.Morse
I wore suspenders for years, but the last 3 or so years I've gone completely bibs. I got tired of the fight between my belt buckle and belly.

Yep know that is reason lots wear suspenders or bibs.. my problem is I'm kinda a stix man. 6'1 185Lbs with no butt any more.. So kind got no waist..
I can wear the bids when temps in 50s over that just gets hard.

Mac
Posted By: waggler

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/17/20 06:09 PM

My butt keeps my pants up.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/17/20 06:10 PM

I wear suspenders for hunting, trapping and ice fishing. Keeps my crack warmer and don't get asked to do as many Plummer jobs. Can't say as I have a Sunday-to- meetin' pair.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/17/20 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
how do ya think Moosie keeps that thong up? wink

No need for suspenders with the thong. At this point it just kind of sticks to me.

I got some from Duluth Trading that have 2 good clips that are attached at the sides. I think Zim uses those as well. They seem to hold up the pants pretty well except my gut still tends to hang in front.

I have not worn a pair of long pants since turkey hunting...all cargo shorts since then so I can show off my shapely legs!

Moosetrot
Posted By: swift4me

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/17/20 06:45 PM

I was born without any meat on my butt so after 50 years of wearing out belts and pulling my pants up I finally bought some suspenders. I've got some for in town and a couple pairs for the farm... one with the red, white and blue on them. My neighbors get a kick out of those.

I bought some Carhartts three years ago in Washington and the first morning I used them on a duck hunt in Alberta the rear clip self destructed whilst I was getting out of the truck to open a gate and disappeared into 6 inches of snow. I called them and all they wanted was a picture of the product. I got a new pair.

Suspenders all the way.

Pete
Posted By: Boco

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/17/20 06:55 PM

I thought you all used a rope like Jethro.
Posted By: swift4me

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/17/20 07:08 PM

Jethro's rope may have worked for you Boco… but for me... it was Ellie Mae's rope that really worked.

Pete
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/17/20 07:26 PM

Depending on what I am doing I switch from belt to suspenders and sometimes wear both.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/17/20 07:44 PM

Braces , since they have button attachment

BDUs and Braces , darn comfortable

also Fleet Farm jeans and braces

but I only wear braces when I am pocket carrying , if I am wearing a belt either I haven't gotten buttons sewn on those pants yet or I am IWB.

bibs most all winter like you side from day time high of 50 till day time high of 50 its mostly bibs

I apparently worked my butt off , seems to be a family problem no but to hold pant up , so either the belt must be very tight

I have been looking at getting the loops that go around the belt then the suspenders clip to them like the combat suspenders but without the padding or OD green.
then I could do belt and suspenders and the suspenders could hold the belt up.

I use these , and need to buy another pair this pair si a few years old and getting a bit worn https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-...t=8&cgid=mens-accessories-suspenders
Posted By: WhiteTrash 88

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/17/20 08:49 PM

Just cut the legs out of your bibs and no t-shirt. Summer time appeal. cool
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/17/20 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteTrash 88

a lot of the amish girls dress this way at the yacht club.looks like chubaca in a straight jacket.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/17/20 09:09 PM

I've been wearing suspenders for years for the same reason as J. Morse.

I don't wear them during the hot, sticky days of summer because I prefer short pants and a long sleeve button down shirt to keep the sun off my neck and arms. I wear them untucked so suspenders won't work.

Are you telling me you wear these hiker suspenders under your shirt? And they are comfortable like that?
Posted By: RV6

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/17/20 09:50 PM

Suspenders sure make carrying my six shooter a heck of a lot more enjoyable.
Posted By: RV6

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/17/20 09:51 PM

... my 40cal bottom feeder as well.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/17/20 10:12 PM

Been wearing suspenders for well over 20 years.I used to go through several pair a year because the snaps never lasted.I then bought a pair of Carhartt suspenders,best thing I could have done--unlike swift ,mine have lasted over 4 years and are still going strong. I do have a pair for funerals,that are the old type. These are nowhere as good as the Carhartt ones,so I have to be careful.
LOL--I don't wear short pants,I did wear a pair 60 years ago.
Tom

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/17/20 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut

I don't wear them during the hot, sticky days of summer because I prefer short pants and a long sleeve button down shirt to keep the sun off my neck and arms. I wear them untucked so suspenders won't work.

Are you telling me you wear these hiker suspenders under your shirt? And they are comfortable like that?

Lugnut
So far been wearing them under my T-shirt against bare skin..Got a bit of grind to them if doing lot up downs bending around..but not as bad as when used to get saw dust stuck under sweatie T shirt carpentering.. Never could wear shorts working even doing hay back in day. Bare legs was for the river and swimin.
I have a hard time tucking a shirt in now that the cancer left me with a chit bag on right side. No belly button and a AB muscle gone on other..Dang bag is right wear belt pushes up on it..Regular suspenders one strap always seem to come right over it..Took me a while to figure all how I my putting my self together now just to not make mess with seat belt in truck.. So I'm just a bit challenged in the belt, suspender deal or tucked in shirt..I've come to believe Though that I'm set up way better than wearing depends and it's definitely better than dirt nap..
So little chaffing not really big deal. I haven't lost my britches yet and no one has thrown any trash in my butt crack thinking it was washout..Haven't had anyone mistake my face for my arse either. So that going to be big plus right there LMAO!

Mac
Posted By: WhiteTrash 88

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/17/20 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
Originally Posted by WhiteTrash 88

a lot of the amish girls dress this way at the yacht club.looks like chubaca in a straight jacket.

Free Willy. shocked
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/17/20 11:58 PM

Fat men who cant wear jeans anymore because of the gelatinous paunch hanging over their hardware.
Posted By: Davisfur

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/18/20 12:02 AM

My gelatinous paunch is there for a reason! I was so proud of what's underneath it that I built a shed over it!

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/18/20 12:32 AM

grin
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/18/20 12:40 AM

Let your pants drop to the knees and wear them like the city hoodies. Ya gotta stay in the fad.

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/18/20 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Macthediver

Lugnut
So far been wearing them under my T-shirt against bare skin..Got a bit of grind to them if doing lot up downs bending around..but not as bad as when used to get saw dust stuck under sweatie T shirt carpentering.. Never could wear shorts working even doing hay back in day. Bare legs was for the river and swimin.
I have a hard time tucking a shirt in now that the cancer left me with a chit bag on right side. No belly button and a AB muscle gone on other..Dang bag is right wear belt pushes up on it..Regular suspenders one strap always seem to come right over it..Took me a while to figure all how I my putting my self together now just to not make mess with seat belt in truck.. So I'm just a bit challenged in the belt, suspender deal or tucked in shirt..I've come to believe Though that I'm set up way better than wearing depends and it's definitely better than dirt nap..
So little chaffing not really big deal. I haven't lost my britches yet and no one has thrown any trash in my butt crack thinking it was washout..Haven't had anyone mistake my face for my arse either. So that going to be big plus right there LMAO!

Mac

Tough situation you're in Mac.

I'm liking the hiker suspenders. I was thinking I could wear my regular suspenders under my shirt but I think that would suck. They are the 2" wide heavy duty Carhartts (replaced my old Duluth Tradings) and often when I get home from work there is a sweaty X across the back of my T-shirt. I really hate wearing a belt on my short pants so I can wear my shirt untucked. I may have to give the hiker suspenders a try. I'm leery of the non-adjustable thing.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/18/20 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by waggler

I have no butt.....so I wear the Deluth suspenders...side plastic clips ,that clip onto your belt...love em . [Linked Image]

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/18/20 01:10 AM

"You know what they say about a man who wears a belt and suspenders."
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/18/20 01:27 AM

Some people worry too much about what "'they say". If you have a weapon hanging on that belt, those are the perfect suspenders. They make the weapon weightless, and don't have riviets to dig into your skin like the button suspenders do when worn with a belt.

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/18/20 01:37 AM

It was a joke T-Rex.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/18/20 02:19 AM

It was a joke T-Rex.

As you can see from my icon, I do have a problem keeping my pants up. It's hard to keep a straight face on the subject.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/18/20 02:45 AM

I give up......
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/18/20 02:59 AM

Not sure about suspenders but I put underwear on for the first time in 15 years today because my best work jeans ripped out . laugh

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/18/20 03:02 AM

Pawnee
Was you more worried about swinging in the breeze or sun burn??

Mac
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/18/20 03:08 AM

A bit of both of you must know. Lol
Posted By: SpottedOwl

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/18/20 03:32 AM

These are very comfortable and will last literally for years, especially the lighter colored ones. Well, unless someone’s completely stupid.

https://www.loggersuspenders.com/

Side iron that normally hangs off a belt. No belt needed.

https://warfytr.com/products/liberty-holster

Both 100% American made

Owl

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/18/20 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck

I give up......

Posted By: MB750

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/18/20 11:06 AM

I wear bibs in the winter & shorts in the summer. Shorts with side clip suspenders that is. If not side clips then suspenders with no elastic.

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/18/20 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Originally Posted by waggler

I have no butt.....so I wear the Deluth suspenders...side plastic clips ,that clip onto your belt...love em . [Linked Image]

I think these would work very well.. but again my big thing is not wanting to tuck my shirt in. That having the shirt tucked becomes a big comfort issue for me. Being side clips for sure would fit the need better though than ones that come down by corners front pockets.
These hiddens have just that one center strap clip spot. Little weird at first I admit, but works well in my situation.

Mac
Posted By: goatman

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/18/20 01:20 PM

I have the side clip ones after back surgery. They're great. You can walk up to a urinal and open up. Your pants don't fall down to your ankles. I'm with you Macdiver on not tucking in your shirt. Just let the shirt ride on the side.

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/18/20 01:38 PM

I like shirt under my suspenders , but if I am wearing belt and suspenders and gun. I will do an under shirt then a loose shirt over the top .

it hides the belt , suspenders , gun and is easy on the skin , Gen 4 stippling is not so easy on the bare skin but it sure is nice in the hand.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/18/20 01:38 PM

Not I

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/19/20 02:04 PM

Thanks MAC now I am getting adds for these things all over the place.

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/19/20 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
Thanks MAC now I am getting adds for these things all over the place.

Your welcome LMAO! Kinda happens with about any link a guy touches.. Why I stay away adds for hygiene products. LOL
I'm getting the Duluth ones I clicked on..

Mac

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/19/20 02:48 PM

planning to run by Duluth this weekend and pick up a new pair have to be near Madison any way , told the wife these are getting kinda worn at the edges and I should have a good pair for going out and keep these as a work pair
Posted By: Machias

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/19/20 04:38 PM

These are VERY comfortable and very in-expensive. Have wore out a couple of pair. They hook on the side loops on your pants.

https://www.ebay.com/i/192866012058?chn=ps

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/19/20 05:54 PM

planning to run by Duluth this weekend and pick up a new pair have to be near Madison any way , told the wife these are getting kinda worn at the edges and I should have a good pair for going out and keep these as a work pair

If your going to the Duluth store. Check out their long tail T-shirts. If your into wearing Ts? They sell them advertised as a fix for (Cover your Crack)..or Plumbers Butt as most call it.. If your like me don't wear T-shirts tucked in they work very well for the other CC..

Mac

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/19/20 06:11 PM

wearing a long tail T currently.

wife worked for them one holiday season.

I live about 35 minutes from the Bellville outlet store , the original where the call center used to be. now most of their operations are in Mt. Horeb about an hour away

my wife went to school with the old owners kids

the hard part is paying full price after having the employee discount.

back in the beginning they had a tent sale with all the outlet stuff , then they bought the old ace hardware and made that the outlet , now they have them all over the place.

as there was more competition for the 2nds and returns the prices on them went up.

still manage to get some deals at the outlet from time to time.
Posted By: mole

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/19/20 06:29 PM

We don't use the term suspenders.
Grandfather said they were Galluses

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/19/20 06:37 PM

Galluses are Braces attached with a button rather than a clip.

I prefer the button variety commonly called Braces not suspenders

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/19/20 07:43 PM

wearing a long tail T currently.

wife worked for them one holiday season.

I live about 35 minutes from the Bellville outlet store , the original where the call center used to be. now most of their operations are in Mt. Horeb about an hour away

my wife went to school with the old owners kids

the hard part is paying full price after having the employee discount.

back in the beginning they had a tent sale with all the outlet stuff , then they bought the old ace hardware and made that the outlet , now they have them all over the place.

as there was more competition for the 2nds and returns the prices on them went up.

still manage to get some deals at the outlet from time to time.

Yeah I like them outlet stores too.. When LaCrosse Foot Wear Boots were still made here in LaCrosse they had an outlet store. Also started having yearly fall tent sale..If a Guy could fight his way into that tent sale could get odd boots and seconds for way less.. Thing was them seconds back then were better boots then first batch that came after they moved production to China..
All the LaCrosse Boots I have now were made before they moved over seas...
Way the world works now days moves over seas cost more and is crap.

Mac
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Suspenders who uses them? - 06/19/20 09:44 PM

Yeah I like them outlet stores too.. When LaCrosse Foot Wear Boots were still made here in LaCrosse they had an outlet store. Also started having yearly fall tent sale..If a Guy could fight his way into that tent sale could get odd boots and seconds for way less.. Thing was them seconds back then were better boots then first batch that came after they moved production to China..
All the LaCrosse Boots I have now were made before they moved over seas...
Way the world works now days moves over seas cost more and is crap.

Mac[/quote]

I remember those days very well, Mac! One year I took a day off work to get there early. Wife and I still have pairs of logger "sorels" with the spikes that screw into the sole. Even bought an extra box of spikes! They work great on the ice but raise holy heck with the kitchen floor. Don't ask me how I know that.

Moosetrot
© 2024 Trapperman Forums