Home

Tax question

Posted By: coonman220

Tax question - 06/23/20 08:49 PM

I have made payment plans out with state on back taxes. I have until July 10 to do something with fed, not sure if able to contact them on phone with limited staff , because covid., I have 1 year in non collective status, not wanting to make payments on that st time, anyone know if a way u can go online an add a cpl years back taxes. Up by system doing it for u an calculate a payment plan with auto debit on ur checking acct for 3 yrs payments without include the non collective status back taxes ? Or do u have to somehow wait all day on phone an hope to reach someone at irs? To make a payment plan out, ? I don't know how to correctly add consectuvive years back taxes with additional fees or exsct penny amounts money, wondering if system well do this for u or u got contact person? Not interested in sending them my bank acct an only payment plan, u csn only have 1 plan in place. Not one for each of each of 2 yrs behind on, I didn't have enough taxes tooken out of pt job an fined 2 yrs for no heslth ins , was wanting to wait till July 1, if do now, u have make June payment , I have till July 10
Posted By: dkrug

Re: Tax question - 06/23/20 09:01 PM

To be safe I would send them something like you are at least trying.
Take photo copies of your checks and letters.
Send in by certified mail with a return receipt, to guarantee that they received and signed for it.

Happy belated Birthday and Good Luck!

Re: Tax question - 06/23/20 09:11 PM

U have to have a payment plan In place to keep u out futhor collections. Even if u send a lump sum in, witch I don't want to as make it hard. At least that what like with state. I sure it is with fed, got have a payment plan, u csn do it urself online. But I don't know how u can have system add consecutive years tax together into 1 payment or if easy to do ? It should be, I do know that ur monthly payments to state, can't be more than 1 payment, no payment for each year. I talk someone there. An did this for me , but irs, no idea if u can reach on phone. If can do it online. It be better. I don't think u can with agent at irs without a much higher fee to setup, I don't think there many ppl in office, there

Re: Tax question - 06/23/20 09:14 PM

Ttt

Re: Tax question - 06/23/20 09:15 PM

Want to bring my post to top, can't find it
Posted By: l1ranger

Re: Tax question - 06/23/20 09:26 PM

https://www.irs.gov/payments/payment-plans-installment-agreements#eligibility

I would start here

Re: Tax question - 06/23/20 09:38 PM

I think balance goes up all time. Intersest. U got have exact amount an not sure on consecutive years. I could try it, tax preparer. Don't know. Call them at irs, not sure u even get though , they don't take voicemail as far as I know
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Tax question - 06/23/20 10:05 PM

Pay your taxes, cooman, or you will be screwed !!!! shocked
Posted By: Badger23

Re: Tax question - 06/23/20 10:15 PM

Instead of asking on here take the same amount of time to go to the IRS website and try to find an email address to send them the question. In the meantime maybe keep trying to get through to ask them directly. I'd also ask an attorney who prepares taxes for solid information.
Good Luck

BTW do you back owe everybody you've ever dealt with? Not trying to be heartless but eventually you've got to put it together.
It wasn't long ago you wanted to go into business delivering packages and lawn mowing.
I sincerely hope it works out for you.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Tax question - 06/23/20 10:16 PM

Try calling them then you will no if you can reach them. And also the person that filed your taxes for you should be able to handle all this for you.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Tax question - 06/23/20 10:34 PM

Give up your US citizenship, go to Mexico, come back as an illegal, and you won't be bothered anymore.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Tax question - 06/23/20 10:35 PM

if you dont want to pay your taxes here is a list of countries you can move to without being arrested. better sell everything you own now before the tax man takes or puts liens on it. once your in your chosen country probably be a good idea to not leave

https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/countries-without-extradition/

Re: Tax question - 06/23/20 10:57 PM

Irs don't have email Addy , can u make payment plan on different years urself ? In person charges lot to do it , with state , u csnt do that. Has to be in system, 1 monthly payment for every year combine

Re: Tax question - 06/23/20 11:01 PM

IRS.gov

Re: Tax question - 06/23/20 11:12 PM

I could find no email contact for them
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: Tax question - 06/23/20 11:14 PM

Sheesh man call IRS, wait, press the right button on phone, wait, press another button, wait, if someone answers, talk. Or go online to IRS.GOV ... those are two options one more is call your accountant/guy at H&R Block wait, press the right button wait, if someone answers, talk. Last option ask on Trapperman, wait, get snarky answers, wait, get good answers, ask the same question again, wait, repeat.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Tax question - 06/23/20 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by walleyed
Pay your taxes, cooman, or you will be screwed !!!! shocked

unless you can sign a cheque with your hands behind your back done up in zip-ties
unless you can sign a check with your hands behind your back done up in zip-ties

Re: Tax question - 06/23/20 11:22 PM

DID H@R BLOCK DO YOUR TAXES?

Re: Tax question - 06/23/20 11:25 PM

Coonman
Find a Goodwill store near you.
They will provide tax help for people who have low income or understanding tax problems.
Posted By: run

Re: Tax question - 06/23/20 11:35 PM

Sometimes you can get your taxes done @ your local library. Usually before April 15.

Re: Tax question - 06/23/20 11:47 PM

Do you look anything like Al Sharpton? He can pull it off.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Tax question - 06/23/20 11:47 PM

If you have back taxes issues, fines and interest and filing penalties you won't be able to get that completed at your library or at the free places. Call the IRS and take whatever time that takes to get through so you can get on record with them and formulate a payment plan. Many are very favorable to allow for lower incomes, but that means more years to pay off. If you do not directly work with the IRS you will need to negotiate with the IRS directly as only an enrolled agent can represent you and they have fees. Get something setup ASAP so the counter quits ticking as every month that goes by the bill gets higher.

Bryce

Re: Tax question - 06/23/20 11:55 PM

My Mother had early onset dementia and forgot about paying taxes.
If your declared mentally incompetent you will be appointed someone as your legal guardian to take care of your financial matters.
Incompetent will also get you disability and social security.
Find your self a pretty nurse that likes to trap coon, as you may not be allowed to drive.

Re: Tax question - 06/23/20 11:56 PM

No I went free place to do taxes

Re: Tax question - 06/24/20 12:08 AM

Check with H@R block they can go over your taxes and make sure they were done right .They also can get you more time and help set up a payment plan or being low income help get a reduction. Call the Iowa Ombudsman and see if they can't help. Keep asking on here and keep taking no ones advice. Or do nothing and let the IRS handle it. H@R will charge a little but at least it will be over. Or call the IRS. their number is on their website.
Posted By: rudydog

Re: Tax question - 06/24/20 12:15 AM

Do yourself a huge favor and ask these questions to the tax accountant or a tax lawyer. I'm not saying that there aren't people here who might not know what to do, but the odds are pretty close to 100% the 2 professionals i mention will at least steer you in the right direction. If i had tax issues, as serious as that can be i know that's who'd i'd be asking.
Sometimes the information in things that matter is worth exactly what you pay for it.

Re: Tax question - 06/24/20 12:26 AM

Tax lawyers list their phone numbers in the phone book. Do you have a phone book, Coon man?
Posted By: charles

Re: Tax question - 06/24/20 02:32 AM

The fed “IRS” can trump your plan with the state, and take it all.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Tax question - 06/24/20 03:35 AM

I'm wondering if an accountant might be able to get those Obamacare fines waived for him. 1) they no longer exist and 2) he might have qualified for a hardship exemption when they did. I would call an accountant and tell them what's going on, ask if they can help you, and ask what they will charge.

Re: Tax question - 06/24/20 03:55 AM

Sounds like idea. I hate those fines, there call share responsibility, they dont put a tax levy or lien on u over them but add interest an there, to take out ur soacil security if not pay off, irs gets nasty on back tax once not pay after while

Re: Tax question - 06/25/20 12:23 AM

Did you find anybody to help you today ?

Re: Tax question - 06/25/20 01:52 AM

Hr block says they can get rid of fine or shared responsibility tax for no health ins, the tax person I used go to that charge plenty. Say hr block are scam artist. That just want ur money an do nothing, he was latino at hr block, couldn't hardly understand him. I sure cost plenty, the old tax person say nothing can do except pay, the free tax place, one lady didn't have any idea, the person in charge. Left voicemail an was told had to, I be surprised if ever csll back, I guess a week from today on July 1, well try online myself. Or call , if can get though , I can't afford an not worth hire attorney over for $100s an find our, nothing or lil they do
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Tax question - 06/25/20 01:57 AM

Sure hope you claimed all your fur money from auction. They track international checks pretty hard. LLL
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Tax question - 06/25/20 01:58 AM

Been dealing with H and R block for years.Wouldn't have anyone else. Does it cost-it does.but you get what you pay for.
When I got audited,H and R block were there with me. IRS decided I owed them $68.00.
Good luck coonman,but don't blame the Block.
Tom
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Tax question - 06/25/20 02:23 AM

I started up with H&R Block when doing my 2014 taxes. I have always done them myself with no problems, but 2014 was a real nightmare with wrong information having been given to me about the ACA, Unemployment, Disability, and a ton of other issues. I was a wreck. Went to our local office and met my tax lady, and she has done my taxes ever since. She really knew her stuff and was calm and very professional. I paid $35 extra for the "Peace of Mind" and was glad I did when another issue came up. She handled it with the IRS perfectly.

Yeah, it costs me every year but she will be doing my taxes till I die or she retires. No regrets with going to H&R Block.

Moosetrot
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Tax question - 06/25/20 02:27 AM

Moose,not only will I continue to do business with the Block,I will be hunting deer this fall with my agents husband.Seems like loyalty works both ways,and we have developed a friendship over the years.Even if we only saw each other once a year.
Tom
Posted By: star flakes

Re: Tax question - 06/25/20 02:38 AM

Coonman, you need a professional to help sort this out. In my personal experience, when my taxes were messed up, not by me, but the preparer put in my deductions as my income, as I had discovered this, I had to file a special income tax form which the IRS has. I had to pay back refunds, and then it was up to the IRS to calculate what I owed in taxes and penalties.
I will say this, in my experience, the IRS was most professional and was not looking to make an issue of this, as I was being honest with them. I ended up paying the minimum which I did immediately, and that ended the situation.
Get someone to help you with credentials, explain the situation and go from there.

Re: Tax question - 06/25/20 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by coonman220
Hr block says they can get rid of fine or shared responsibility tax for no health ins, the tax person I used go to that charge plenty. Say hr block are scam artist. That just want ur money an do nothing, he was latino at hr block, couldn't hardly understand him. I sure cost plenty, the old tax person say nothing can do except pay, the free tax place, one lady didn't have any idea, the person in charge. Left voicemail an was told had to, I be surprised if ever csll back, I guess a week from today on July 1, well try online myself. Or call , if can get though , I can't afford an not worth hire attorney over for $100s an find our, nothing or lil they do

I'm impressed that your trying to help yourself.
Stay with it and good luck.

Just so you know, your not the first or neither the last.
Many businesses such as farmers that have filed bankruptcy, get out from under the banks. Then the IRS considers a defaulted loan as income
that was paid. They have huge tax liabilities for many years after.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Tax question - 06/25/20 02:42 AM

Boy! Your life is a disaster. frown

Re: Tax question - 06/25/20 02:46 AM

Coonman
I suggest keeping a log of where, when, and who you have tried to get help from.
It might help you later as proof.
Posted By: heymattay

Re: Tax question - 06/25/20 09:04 AM

Gather all the documentation you have concerning this and go to or call a CPA. Just bite the bullet and do it. Skip H&R Block. Don't use the CPA your buddy knows. Don't use a relative. Tax problems are a headache and unnecessary stress. CPAs offer payment plans and are absolutely willing to work with you and do the hard lifting to get this resolved. I know, they're only in it for the money. But what's the purpose of any business? At the very least call and fully explain your situation and ask for an estimate and what payment plans they can offer. Taxes are the government's problem. They shouldn't be ours.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Tax question - 06/25/20 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by heymattay
Gather all the documentation you have concerning this and go to or call a CPA. Just bite the bullet and do it. Skip H&R Block. Don't use the CPA your buddy knows. Don't use a relative. Tax problems are a headache and unnecessary stress. CPAs offer payment plans and are absolutely willing to work with you and do the hard lifting to get this resolved. I know, they're only in it for the money. But what's the purpose of any business? At the very least call and fully explain your situation and ask for an estimate and what payment plans they can offer. Taxes are the government's problem. They shouldn't be ours.

Yep, best move I ever made was hiring a CPA.

H&R block is a little cheaper according to my stepson who is also self employed and used them, but my CPA fills all my payment papers out so all I have to do is sign also. Well, and pay! cry

Re: Tax question - 06/26/20 02:01 AM

I couldn't be happier with mine. They're halfway across the country but always accessible.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Tax question - 06/26/20 02:17 AM

One does not need a CPA in all cases. Hire a competent enrolled agent. They are professionals that have taken batteries of exams and can become enrolled or certified in one to several areas. When I did that I passed in 3 areas and did not study for the 4th area. They typically are not as costly per hour as CPAs, but that may well have changed over the last 7-8 years. Working with a professional establish a plan or repayment plan will stop the penalty and interest ticker and then you can work on the strategy to make payments that best work for you. Also continuing to have payment or filing issues puts you high on the audit pile in spite of what you owe or the ocmplexit of your tax filing.

Bryce
Posted By: Dean Chapel

Re: Tax question - 06/26/20 03:33 AM

Make sure you request the Montana penitentiary. I hear its pretty easy time. OOPS- tax evasion is a federal crime and you'll have to spend your time in a federal pen. I have no advice on those. Maybe some other TM member can help you out there. Good luck.

Re: Tax question - 06/26/20 07:15 AM

I've never heard of such a position. In a world as vast as finance, it makes sense there'd be focused specialties like that.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Tax question - 06/27/20 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
if you dont want to pay your taxes here is a list of countries you can move to without being arrested. better sell everything you own now before the tax man takes or puts liens on it. once your in your chosen country probably be a good idea to not leave

https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/countries-without-extradition/

Russia (on the list) also has something of a homestead program for their far east.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Tax question - 06/27/20 09:22 AM

write your biography and have it published,you'll be rich.

Re: Tax question - 06/27/20 11:35 AM

Sounds like idea. I hate those fines, there call share responsibility, they dont put a tax levy or lien on u over them but add interest an there, to take out ur soacil security if not pay off, irs gets nasty on back tax once not pay after while

If you tried to skip out on your taxes and got caught,
the IRS will take every single thing you own
and leave you buck naked in the street with
only a barrel for clothing,
and then lock you up in the IRS tax prison dungeon.

You are screwed, coonman !!!! shocked

Pay up already !!!!
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Tax question - 06/27/20 11:45 AM

Do u have any 280's?

Re: Tax question - 07/01/20 08:07 PM

Just spent close 4 hrs on phone an hold an wait, horrid, the first person setup payment plan an told her include 19, an couldn't answear question if garnish soacil security when retire, sent me another dept, couldn't answer question sn upon checking payment plan, she did not include 19, u csn only have 1 plan in place, send check for 19 an go for 17, eventually collections an broke payment plan, so another long wait another dept, was changed. I hope ? She say was, an was told. That if pay tax, not take soacil security, nor happy payments, fine for no health ins, they not drip thing, anyone know if u csn go online an view ur acct an see if payment plan in place ? I am hoping she did it correctly. After talking cpl agents. I not sure if get things right all time.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Tax question - 07/01/20 08:23 PM

Just spent close 4 hrs on phone an hold an wait, horrid, the first person setup payment plan an told her include 19, an couldn't answear question if garnish soacil security when retire, sent me another dept, couldn't answer question sn upon checking payment plan, she did not include 19, u csn only have 1 plan in place, send check for 19 an go for 17, eventually collections an broke payment plan, so another long wait another dept, was changed. I hope ? She say was, an was told. That if pay tax, not take soacil security, nor happy payments, fine for no health ins, they not drip thing, anyone know if u csn go online an view ur acct an see if payment plan in place ? I am hoping she did it correctly. After talking cpl agents. I not sure if get things right all time.

I bet that was very unpleasant experience.

Re: Tax question - 07/01/20 08:44 PM

Waiting on hold. The first agent not include all taxes. On plan , I hope last one knew what doing, an got right. Just wondering if a guy could go online an view the info to make sure payment plan is in system ?

Re: Tax question - 07/01/20 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

I bet that was very unpleasant experience.

I bet those IRS agents hit the bar that night. Can't imagine how frustrating that call was. frown
Posted By: cheechako

Re: Tax question - 07/01/20 09:57 PM

You can create an account on the IRS website. Pretty sure you need last year’s adjusted gross income from your previous taxes and some more identifying info. I have one so I can file taxes myself every year directly with the IRS. Don’t recall exactly how I did it but it can be done.
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Tax question - 07/01/20 11:53 PM

I would skate on them...….or just take the Chevy Colorado to the IRS parking lot and say Look, this is all I got.....

Re: Tax question - 07/02/20 12:50 AM

I personally know a guy that got a letter from the IRS that said "you still owe us $250,000.00. He wrote them and said **** you.....I paid you and don't owe you ****. The next letter said.."you now owe us $500,000.00" He has more lawyers than he has dental patients..
I've known a couple other guys in the past years that fought the IRS. Guess what..........
Posted By: BigBlackBirds

Re: Tax question - 07/02/20 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Dirt

I bet those IRS agents hit the bar that night. Can't imagine how frustrating that call was. frown

LOL!! now that's hilarious

Re: Tax question - 07/02/20 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by lumberjack391
I would skate on them...….or just take the Chevy Colorado to the IRS parking lot and say Look, this is all I got.....

Remember Buckskin Bill that white17 told us about ?
" The military couldn't have been any more surprised by Sylvan than the Idaho state income tax office, which made the colossal mistake of sending Hart a whole series of letters saying he hadn't paid his taxes. Buckskin finally got dressed in his best stag skins and coonskin cap, took along his rifle and ample supply of provisions and presented himself at the tax office. "I surrender" he told the slack- jawed bureaucrats.
They sent him home and promised fervently to never bother him again.

https://vault.si.com/vault/1966/10/03/the-last-of-the-mountain-men

Re: Tax question - 07/02/20 04:41 AM

Waiting on hold. The first agent not include all taxes. On plan , I hope last one knew what doing, an got right. Just wondering if a guy could go online an view the info to make sure payment plan is in system ?

Everybody else has to pay their taxes.

Why should you be any different ?

Use your Trump Stimulus check and pay the IRS off, and get rid of them.

Quit trying to game the system and take responsibility for your responsibilities.

You're making all us other trappers look bad !!! shocked

Pay up or you'll be screwed, coonman !!!! shocked
Posted By: Boco

Re: Tax question - 07/02/20 05:23 AM

Coonman,it would likely be easier and better for you to buy or create yourself a new identity.Maybe 2
Posted By: corky

Re: Tax question - 07/02/20 11:42 AM

Walleyed x2
Posted By: cheechako

Re: Tax question - 07/02/20 12:04 PM

Look, I get it, trust me I do, but some of you are some real Richards to this guy.
Posted By: WhiteTrash 88

Re: Tax question - 07/02/20 02:13 PM

Don't sweat it hoss. They gonna be a lot of people in the same boat when they figure out all this free money being given out is taxable income. Gonna be a lot of whining going on March of next year.

Re: Tax question - 07/02/20 02:20 PM

If you are talking about the stimulus checks they are not taxable.

Re: Tax question - 07/02/20 02:30 PM

What about the $600/wk unemployment checks?

Re: Tax question - 07/02/20 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
What about the $600/wk unemployment checks?

Unemployment insurance is, and always has been, taxable income.

The federal extra $600.00 a week bump up is most certainly taxable.

w

Re: Tax question - 07/02/20 03:21 PM

Be interesting when people who usually get a refund end up paying in this year, lol.

Re: Tax question - 07/02/20 03:44 PM

How many years are you behind in taxes? Is it just the fine for the health insurance ?

Re: Tax question - 07/02/20 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by cheechako
Look, I get it, trust me I do, but some of you are some real Richards to this guy.

If you tried to give coonman sound advice, maybe you don't get it. Number 1 : It is almost impossible from his posts to interpret what he is talking about, Number 2 : If you interpret the questions and problem right, he generally ignores sound advice and posts more very difficult to interpret counter responses.

If you get it, you don't waste your time giving what you think is good advice from what you think may be the problem.

Personally, I'm not sure all his problems are real and/or coonman is real?

P,S. What's the definition of Insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Re: Tax question - 07/02/20 04:57 PM

guy from rhe IRS was just here lookin for a Dave.

told him"dave aint home man."

Re: Tax question - 07/02/20 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2

Have you ever played Marco Polo with Marco Polo.

Re: Tax question - 07/02/20 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Coonman,it would likely be easier and better for you to buy or create yourself a new identity.Maybe 2

In Iowa you can change your name for $185 bucks.

Re: Tax question - 07/02/20 05:11 PM

names Mark and at the club they'd shout "Marko the pole ho"-that count?

Re: Tax question - 07/02/20 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by run

He's out fixing the truck.

Vertical truck pulling headers ? Coon line in short time ?
https://www.mikesfabshop.com/categories/products/vertical-truck-pulling-headers.html

Re: Tax question - 07/02/20 05:34 PM

laugh I member that!

Re: Tax question - 07/02/20 05:36 PM

names Mark and at the club they'd shout "Marko the pole ho"-that count?

Close enough.

Re: Tax question - 07/02/20 05:42 PM

Mike's fab shop maybe the answer to coonman's truck problems.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums