Home

Attacks on the power grid.

Posted By: KeithC

Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 05:13 PM

I believe the United States power grid will be attacked soon by those pushing for a leftist government. It's the next logical step to cause mass disruption.

What do you all think?

What can we do to stop it?

Keith
Posted By: Hutchy

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 05:16 PM

Maybe.

I figure someone will find a way to take down the internet.

I don't even know if that is possible, but it would sure disrupt some things.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 05:19 PM

Why attack the grid you can’t loot in the dark. LOL
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 05:23 PM

I don't know that the terrorists/rioters have the intellect to shut down a power grid. They might be able to shut down an area but that would likely happen in a city and then they would be hurting their own people. Again.
As far as internet, I'm sure it's possible as the internet here goes out on it's own just fine. And again, it would take some intellect to do it intentionally.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 05:23 PM

It's already happened. It doesn't take much if someone knew what they were doing. The parts needed to replace those are not made in the USA anymore and they're very time consuming to make.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 05:24 PM

if they shut down the internet where would they go for entertainment , they can't live without the internet , the internet runs nearly everything in their lives

Posted By: hippie

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 05:31 PM

Internet I figure.

The nuts at Google are demanding the security for the company be fired, along with a lot of past crazy ideas on censoring conservatives.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 05:32 PM

I would think it would be those on the Right that would go after the power grid. Generally speaking the Leftists wouldn't know what to do without power and the internet.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 05:35 PM

I'm talking censored internet. They'll still be able to say what they want.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 05:37 PM

A counter-attack on Facebook, Twitter, and all the other nonsense social media being used to fuel these nut jobs would end it all.

Moosetrot
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Moosetrot
A counter-attack on Facebook, Twitter, and all the other nonsense social media being used to fuel these nut jobs would end it all.

Moosetrot

Now that is good thought!
Posted By: Boco

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 06:02 PM

The power grid attacks in south africa by nelson mandelas crew was what led to the end of the white rule there.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 06:49 PM

I'm gonna buy a NOS transistor radio Keith, like those good ones made in Japan back in the 60's. I'm learning morse code so if'n y'all hear beeps, it's me sayin hey lol. That's what I'm doing. grin
Posted By: Loup loup

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 06:54 PM

Im predicting arson set wildfires here in the west. In fact Ive been trying to take out more brush, trees around my place for the last month. But, if the wind helps them, there is no defense.
As far as the power grid, a couple terrorist in a small airplane kickin tow chains out over substations would do it.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
I believe the United States power grid will be attacked soon by those pushing for a leftist government. It's the next logical step to cause mass disruption.

What do you all think?

Keith

If not by the lefties,,then by someone else.Yes,I believe it WILL happen sooner than later.When it does,,the Kung Fu Flu will look like a walk in the park.Store shelfs empty within two days.No electricity to pump gas or use the ATM.Thats when your gonna want your beans,bullets and bandaids handy.You aint seen nothin yet.
Posted By: grampy

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 07:03 PM

Never under estimate. There are a lot smarter people running this operation, than the" street people" who are doing their dirty work for them. imo

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by upstateNY

What do you all think?

Keith

If not by the lefties,,then by someone else.Yes,I believe it WILL happen sooner than later.When it does,,the Kung Fu Flu will look like a walk in the park.Store shelfs empty within two days.No electricity to pump gas or use the ATM.Thats when your gonna want your beans,bullets and bandaids handy.You aint seen nothin yet.

Really??? Or are you referencing a BTO song lol.

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 07:12 PM

I agree with grampy-it could get worse-a lot worse.
Everything seems to be unfolding along the lines of a very well organized plan.

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 07:22 PM

BaBaBabyy you just aint seen nuthin yet.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 07:29 PM

I think taking down the grid is more likely to happen if Trump wins the election than before the election.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 07:30 PM

What kind of radio would one want if power, phone and internet went down? And I don't know morse code

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 07:32 PM

We've talked about this, stop callin me baby, jezze lol. Do you really think worst times are a comin???

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 07:32 PM

They are very patient people the commies.
They could be using explosives to remove statues and monuments like we did to Nelsons Pillar in Dublin back in the day,but they are smart enough not to escalate at the wrong time.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 07:37 PM

One thing for sure is that all this BS lately is NOT gonna make for a better America

Any anti America agenda and those behind it need hammered hard

It wouldn't hurt to gun down a few looters while we're at it
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
Internet I figure.

The nuts at Google are demanding the security for the company be fired, along with a lot of past crazy ideas on censoring conservatives.

I wonder how their associates over at you tube feel about getting rid of security, de-monetize the wrong crazy vegan girls account and she comes and shoots the place up.
Posted By: jburson

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Loup loup
Im predicting arson set wildfires here in the west. In fact Ive been trying to take out more brush, trees around my place for the last month. But, if the wind helps them, there is no defense.
As far as the power grid, a couple terrorist in a small airplane kickin tow chains out over substations would do it.

or just let the Forrest Service handle the normal fires they just let it all burn anyway.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
Originally Posted by hippie
Internet I figure.

I wonder how their associates over at you tube feel about getting rid of security, de-monetize the wrong crazy vegan girls account and she comes and shoots the place up.

Egh....probably be a "pea"shooter anyways.
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 08:54 PM

Next winter this pressure cooker is gonna have some work to do. Gonna be canning more does than i freeze.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by The Possum Man
Next winter this pressure cooker is gonna have some work to do. Gonna be canning more does than i freeze.

Very true for a lot of folks!

Chris
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by The Possum Man

Yup and the garden is going to be a lot bigger than this year.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 10:08 PM

If someone takes out the electric grid and makes southern folk have to live through a southern summer without AC....somebody's dying. Just sayin'....
Posted By: Finster

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 10:16 PM

Taking out the grid would be beyond simple. Our power grid in this country is held together with chewing gum, masking tape and rubber bands. For obvious reasons I won't post any ways to do it but I will say that it wouldn't take much at all.

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 10:17 PM

The reality is that a grid down situation would end very badly for the big cities, it would be bad for rural USA but no where near as devastating as it would be for the cities.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 11:26 PM

Been in the south for 7years now and never switched the AC on unless I tried to see if it still works .
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 11:31 PM

I got a generator to keep stuff froze till we get it canned. take stuff out put it in a cooler. then run the freezer for an hour. can outside with my coleman stove to keep the freezer cooler. i dont want to but have had that plan in the back of my mind for awhile. can can with my tent stove and firewood also.

anybody that tries to take out the grid needs killing.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/24/20 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
Been in the south for 7years now and never switched the AC on unless I tried to see if it still works .

Don't ever turn it on. Makes you spoiled. I know this from personnel experience. smile

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Catch22

We've talked about this, stop callin me baby, jezze lol. Do you really think worst times are a comin???

I might call ya Bubba,,,but never baby.Get over yer man crush on me.

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 12:38 AM

The grid goes down nationally and stays down for a year or more......80% of the country dies the first 12 months.

PrePear.

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 12:47 AM

Yep,nobody would be able to access their money(unless they got some mattress money)-all the city boys would die off quick.

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 12:51 AM

paper money might not be worth much. a jar of peach's on the other hand or spool of rabbit snaring wire, maybe a pair of boots or a whole box of kitchen matches. i bet that stuff would buy things
Posted By: James

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
One thing for sure is that all this BS lately is NOT gonna make for a better America

What happened to make America great again? Why doesn't your man in the White House do anything? He said he'd send in the troops if the governors didn't contain the looting and violence.

Jim
Posted By: jctunnelrat

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Yep,nobody would be able to access their money(unless they got some mattress money)-all the city boys would die off quick.

Hopefully!

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 12:55 AM

good questions james

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by James

What happened to make America great again? Why doesn't your man in the White House do anything? He said he'd send in the troops if the governors didn't contain the looting and violence.

Jim

Trumps walking a tightrope right now with the election so close.
You can pretty much tell what he would like to do,but his hands are tied.

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 01:57 AM

They will start wandering before they just drop dead.Especially the dope addicts,,they WANT a fix.Thats more important to them than even food.And those that are finally realizing what being hungry is all about,,will start wandering also.THATS when you will want to be ready.
Posted By: Finster

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 01:57 AM

Jim

It would be a lot easier if your people were not bent on destroying America and the freedom it stands for. Why doesn't Trump do anything? Why don't you libtards quit destroying everything you touch.

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 01:59 AM

When the disaster is upon us,,the time to prepare has passed.Remember that.
Posted By: WhiteTrash 88

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
The grid goes down nationally and stays down for a year or more......80% of the country dies the first 12 months.

PrePear.

What's the downside?

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 02:08 AM

Jim

You,,Dip Stick jimmy,,will be among the first to perish.You and your type.Sad but true.If you cant hunt,trap,fish make or fix something,,or grow or raise crops or meat critters,,your toast.Wont be much need for the lawyer types.You wont have much to offer to trade for a meal

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 02:16 AM

Trump doesn't need to do anything. James' people are destroying themselves just fine.

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 02:17 AM

Dipstick Jimmy claims to live next door to Sarah Palin. He's hoping her family will take care of his pathetic being.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 02:20 AM

come on james everyone knows that the legal system progresses at a snails pace (or less).

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by WhiteTrash 88
Originally Posted by Marty

PrePear.

What's the downside?

The downside is only 50% are my enemies.....another 40% are worthless but not my enemies so I would not like them to perish because there may be hope for them.
Posted By: Mr. Ed

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 04:59 AM

What do you all think?

Keith

People especially in the cities heavily rely on electricity. Unless you live in the country and have a hand pump or spring for water ,you are screwed in that dept. Also you had be well versed in canning everything including meat. And to produce heat you will need solar & battery system or a lot of firewood and the old time saws that can cut it. A lot of simple things that require power are taken for granted. And what about the people on insulin and other needed drugs ? I do have a lot of old style saws, a good wood stove and good running water on my property. Do need to buy a good book on preserving by canning, edible plants for medicinal purposes, wind up radio, and a lot of salt & pepper and canning jars. Also my dad use to say on the farm they let their smoked meat hang in the barn.
Posted By: Mr. Ed

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Finster
Taking out the grid would be beyond simple. Our power grid in this country is held together with chewing gum, masking tape and rubber bands. For obvious reasons I won't post any ways to do it but I will say that it wouldn't take much at all.

I have a large line going through a corner of my property. They fly choppers monthly on inspection. Lately its been weekly so maybe they are hearing things that average citizens are not.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 10:53 AM

There has been Senate and House hearings year after year with top bureaucrats and industry leaders warning about this subject. Year after year nothing is done to harden the grid. It will be bad,bad,bad if it goes down!!
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 12:18 PM

Maybe being without power for the winter would revive the fur market..Lol
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 12:26 PM

A delivery truck for a concrete vault company forgot his boom and took out 6 poles before he realized it was him. Shut down internet and power to the Northeast side of Salisbury for an entire day. lol
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 09:52 PM

i'm going into my emergency bunker right now.that ol batcave is comin in handy again after all.

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 10:07 PM

Meh, I am off grid already. Take it down. Got 3000 liters of fuel in the tank at the marina, and 24 100lb propane tanks in the cage.

Trap cabin is almost finished and is a fifteen minute walk from the nearest road, or 2 hour paddle from the marina.

Posted By: pcr2

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 10:10 PM

party at Hutchy's. grin

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 10:13 PM

Hutchys in a good spot-hes got hundreds of rich city folks cottages he can pirate when the shtf.
Posted By: WhiteTrash 88

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 10:17 PM

If one red squirrel can take out the power to half a city,think how much power a bunch of black squirrels could take out.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Hutchy
Meh, I am off grid already. Take it down. Got 3000 liters of fuel in the tank at the marina, and 24 100lb propane tanks in the cage.

Trap cabin is almost finished and is a fifteen minute walk from the nearest road, or 2 hour paddle from the marina.

I'm ready too. In fact I really think I'd almost welcome it. I am so sick of hearing about all this stuff, of being called a racist just for having been born, etc. Let the liberals kill each other over a gallon of milk, a pack of smokes or a loaf of bread. I'll be right here, eating fine. We're also a good 15 minute walk from the nearest road, and that ain't much of a road.

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 10:30 PM

Hutchys in a good spot-hes got hundreds of rich city folks cottages he can pirate when the shtf.

Lots of off grid places to chill out on the bay here. And if stuff goes south, we have their boats and arent putting them in the water. lol

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteTrash 88
If one red squirrel can take out the power to half a city,think how much power a bunch of black squirrels could take out.

laugh

Re: Attacks on the power grid. - 06/25/20 11:42 PM

Some of you guys are hardcore preppers and don't even know it. smile
© 2024 Trapperman Forums