Home

1-11 Decoy lure

Posted By: BuckeyeYote

1-11 Decoy lure - 06/26/20 12:04 AM

I understand this is a lure that has transcended time, but what kind is it? Gland based, food , etc?
Posted By: Outlaw99

Re: 1-11 Decoy lure - 06/26/20 01:58 AM

It’s a food lure. I know Marty Smith makes it as well, but here’s Big Sky’s version explained:

One Eleven Decoy - Big Sky Lures

(Food Lure) One Eleven Decoy is a very famous Nelson lure that has sure won its spurs. Nelson worked for years perfecting this lure. Fine for coyote, wolf, and especially great on fox. This dope makes em slobber and dig! One Eleven Decoy is very penetrating and has a most unusual odor. For any type of set. The best food lure ever...use 8-10 drops.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: 1-11 Decoy lure - 06/26/20 01:58 AM

I've got the formula somewhere, but I don't recall what all was in it. I recall two ingredients that I've never seen in a canine lure before. I don't know that I'd call it a lure that has transcended time. I'll have to dig it out when I have more time. Maybe I'll make a batch for my fall lure promotional deal this year. I've been getting requests to make Dave Edward's Cherry Red again, so maybe I'll have two of them this year to give out.
Posted By: wr otis

Re: 1-11 Decoy lure - 06/26/20 02:41 AM

I'll take a quart.
Posted By: Hiway 2 trap

Re: 1-11 Decoy lure - 06/26/20 02:55 AM

I dont know the formula except I know Fuller Laugeman used to come and get clams out of the Milk River north of my place. He told me he used it in the 1-11 Decoy Lure. It was alot better than the new stuff thats made here in Mt. I still have 8oz that Fuller made great lure
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: 1-11 Decoy lure - 06/26/20 03:00 AM

I know it catches coyotes!
Posted By: yoteguts

Re: 1-11 Decoy lure - 06/26/20 03:15 AM

Ran some camera tests on that lure and it did very well.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: 1-11 Decoy lure - 06/26/20 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Hiway 2 trap
I dont know the formula except I know Fuller Laugeman used to come and get clams out of the Milk River north of my place. He told me he used it in the 1-11 Decoy Lure. It was alot better than the new stuff thats made here in Mt. I still have 8oz that Fuller made great lure

Clams was one of the two ingredients I was referring to. The other is something I never heard of. I asked Dave Edwards what it was, and he filled me in.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums