Home

lucky to be alive

Posted By: foxkidd44

lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 01:58 AM

the wife and I were involved in a devasting wreck today......I was hit on the drivers side and rolled 2 times and it came to rest on the lid,,,,,how we walked away without nothing more than a few scratches is a testimony that angels are real......and do protect..............no other way to explain it. another amazing thing was the mere fact that around 40-50 people came up out of nowere to help...........there was no blacks, whites, Asians, gays................there was human beings.........showing compassion and getting in to help...no walls, no boundries .....no hate.

hopefully i'll have another truck before trapping season............but if not.........im still around to enjoy life.......we take a lot of things for granted,,,,,,,,,,,my and my wifes life could have been snuffed out today. hug your loved ones,,,and tell em you love em.......its more important than you realize. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 02:01 AM

Really happy you came out of it like you did!

Moosetrot
Posted By: Getting There

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 02:03 AM

Glad to hear you come out OK! Live love and be happy for tomorrow you may die, very true words.
Posted By: run

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 02:06 AM

Wow, I am glad you are still alive.
Posted By: Northwing70

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 02:08 AM

Happy to hear you and your wife are alright. Angels for sure!
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 02:08 AM

Dammit man that looks awful. I am super glad yall are still here to tell about it and since you are ok it is a neat story about people forgetting that CNN told them to hate someone else.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 02:09 AM

J Park- he took a picture of his own wreck.
Just sayin
grin
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 02:09 AM

Glad you're still with us.

Believe I would've had to bow my head... And then change my shorts.I

Mike
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 02:14 AM

Yup....Yous a lucky bunch. I assume you were belted in....Cuz you would have been thrown out the window and the truck would have rolled over you. Hope you go to the hospital....a ruptured spleen will take you out....not to mention a bunch of other stuff.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 02:21 AM

Providence is all I can say. Count your blessings!

Chris
Posted By: Cragar

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 02:30 AM

Dang , bad wreck. Glad you are both OK.

Cars/trucks are replaceable , loved ones are not.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 02:33 AM

Lucky man.
Posted By: Boco

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 02:35 AM

Lucky.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 02:40 AM

You will prolly be sore in the morning. All that unexpected movement you made in a few seconds usually comes back to haunt you! Glad you and the wife came through it!
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 03:06 AM

Lives Matter!
Posted By: yoteguts

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 03:13 AM

Dang John glad you and the misses are ok.
Posted By: adam m

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 03:16 AM

Wow. I am glad you guys made it out ok. Did you get checked at the hospital for internal injuries?
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 03:19 AM

Happy to see you are O.K. .
Tom
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 03:22 AM

Praise Jesus! Glad you, and yours are ok!
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 03:34 AM

Praise the lord you guys were ok.
Posted By: nightlife

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 06:11 AM

Foxkidd44 I hear you loud and clear, had my own close call with death last year when I ran into a Jeep that someone left sticking out in the lane on the hwy late at night, other then that and I was in a car it could have been almost word for word description

[img]http://[/img]

Amazing that no one was killed which would have happened if anyone had been riding with me like normal but everyone had problems that day and could not ride along

Still p’s me cause I liked that car and hadn’t even made the first payment on it, not even 3 weeks old
Posted By: swift4me

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 06:19 AM

Somebody was looking out for you for sure. Glad how it turned out.

About twenty years ago I was on my way to the dump on a calm Sunday morning around 8 am, and I was at a red light waiting to turn left. I saw a pickup coming from the left and my light turned green but something in my brain told me that this guy wasn't slowing down for his red light. I waited and he blew through a full red light in a one ton Chevy truck. Had I been T-boned I probably wouldn't be typing this today.

Glad you are OK.

Pete

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by yoteguts
Dang John glad you and the misses are ok.

thanks rob.......angels put in a lil overtime on this one

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Yup....Yous a lucky bunch. I assume you were belted in....Cuz you would have been thrown out the window and the truck would have rolled over you. Hope you go to the hospital....a ruptured spleen will take you out....not to mention a bunch of other stuff.

she went,,,just to get looked at..shes ok...I didn't........still feeling ok.......not sore, headache or anything.......but promised everyone if I start feeling the slightest bit wonky.....i'll go get looked at.

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Lucky man.

no doubt jerry.............we both were.........firm belief god sent his army on this one....no other way to splain it
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 09:05 AM

Thank God.
Posted By: rex123

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 09:10 AM

I always say God be with you but in this case GOD WAS WITH YOU.
Posted By: MySide 🦝

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 10:44 AM

Thank God! Glad your Ok.
Posted By: Animals Only

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 11:08 AM

Glad the both of you are ok.
Posted By: cotton

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by foxkidd44
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Lucky man.

no doubt jerry.............we both were.........firm belief god sent his army on this one....no other way to splain it

this is one of them times ya don't need splaining , just look up and smile and say thank you
Posted By: vermontster

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 11:25 AM

Happy for you and your wife coming out of it ok. Probably be sore but way better than what could’ve been.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 11:38 AM

Luck is not a blessing, and from the look of that vehicle, you are blessed far beyond what luck could have accomplished.

Life usually makes us ponder these defining moments in it.

I'd offer you're lucky to be blessed.

Mark
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 12:06 PM

Manny blessings small and large. Thank you Jesus.
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 12:09 PM

Glad you guys are ok
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 12:20 PM

I think you only get one free death escape card in your life, and you just used it!
Seriously, glad you came out of that one in one piece, that is nothing short of a miracle.
Posted By: MnMan

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 12:31 PM

You cats just used up one of your nine lives. Lucky to survive that as well as you did if at all.
Posted By: snowy

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 12:37 PM

WOW! Yes, the Man from up above had things in his control. Glad all went as well as it could of been.
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 01:14 PM

Foxkidd glad you and your wife are OK. Count your blessings!
Posted By: Northof50

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 01:41 PM

Ouch.
just slow down
Life is to short not to enjoy it all.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 01:52 PM

Glad you made it as well as did.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 01:58 PM

Glad you are both ok.
Posted By: Dillrod

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 05:11 PM

Glad you shared that,
Glad it's a good ending,
Glad you are still with us.

Your right , hug them when ya can.

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 06:41 PM

thanks guys!! its clearly apparent the good lord wasn't ready to call either one of us home yet,,,,,i havnt been able to sleep yet,,, cant shut my brain down......think I've rolled that truck 550 times since yesterday........
Posted By: BigBob

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/26/20 07:27 PM

Don't forget the engineers that designed it, Ralph Nader and the NTSB.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/27/20 01:02 AM

Just because I went and rolled my truck didn't mean you had to try and outdo me. I am curious, did you both have seat belts on? I didn't, and I think it helped me from getting smashed up too bad.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/27/20 02:31 AM

Heard tonight on news that death rate from wrecks for 2020 is up. One would think with not as much traffic it would be less. Anyway I'm glad somebody higher up is watching over the T-man bunch in respect to that anyway. Sounds like a bunch of Evel Knievels, lol.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/27/20 03:34 AM

Good night man! How did you get out of that thing? Surely the doors didn't open after that. Did you have to get cut out of it?
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/27/20 03:50 AM

Trying to identify the make of the truck.........toyota? Is it really purple? Condolences for the loss of the truck but high 5s for walking away! Least you can pick a different color now.....haha!
Keep your insurance paid up boys!
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/27/20 04:01 AM

We are all lucky to have you and your wife with us! Wish you peace of mind about the wreck soon. Get some sleep brother!

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/27/20 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Just because I went and rolled my truck didn't mean you had to try and outdo me. I am curious, did you both have seat belts on? I didn't, and I think it helped me from getting smashed up too bad.

angela, I did.....but I don't think peg did.

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/27/20 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by loosegoose
Good night man! How did you get out of that thing? Surely the doors didn't open after that. Did you have to get cut out of it?

you ever hear those stories about folks getting crazy strong after wrecks.........its true...i'm most cert not a weakling, but that was beyond normal....I was able to open my door just enough to crawl out....then I and 3 other guys got on pegs side and got it open.....gas was leaking all over ,,,,no time for hesitation.........

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/27/20 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by martentrapper
Trying to identify the make of the truck.........toyota? Is it really purple? Condolences for the loss of the truck but high 5s for walking away! Least you can pick a different color now.....haha!
Keep your insurance paid up boys!

it was a 1996 ford ranger,,,,and a big ya,,,,was purple............color didn't matter when I bought it........only had 60 thousand on her when I bought it.....couldn't pass on it,,,,low miles low money.....gonna miss that truck!! took her thru (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman).........stuck a million times, goin down farm lanes that had more holes in it than the moon, or tearing across bean fields to check coyote traps.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/27/20 02:06 PM

glad to here your doing good smile
Posted By: The Beav

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/27/20 02:56 PM

Glad you and your wife are safe.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/27/20 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by BigBob
Don't forget the engineers that designed it, Ralph Nader and the NTSB.

I doubt very seriously that Ralph Nader developed squat. My bet is that he needs help copping one. He was nothing but an agitator.
Did his whining influence some aspects of automobile design? Maybe.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/27/20 05:00 PM

My cousin is married to a hog farmer just north of Effingham. She was raised over west of there just outside Mascoutah on her parents hog farm.

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/28/20 03:32 AM

ty guys,,,,,,,more might be coming to this story......i'll fill you all in later if it comes to fruitition
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/28/20 04:41 AM

Angels all around

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/29/20 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Angels all around

ABSOLOUTLY!!!

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/30/20 12:39 PM

ok gang,,,,,,heres the update.......a guy I work with contacted me...said he has a 2000 chevy blazer that he was gonna get rid of because he's getting a new truck...........he said he was gonna flat out give it to me,,,i just have to cover plate transfer/title....etc. it has a few minor issues,,,but a sound vehicle otherwise.....its gonna be a few weeks though........

I am firmly, 100% convinced,,, the lord is showing his hand in all of this,,,,from walking away from the wreck,,,,to this awesome act of generosity. one would have to be a fool to not see it.
Posted By: dkrug

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/30/20 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by foxkidd44
ok gang,,,,,,heres the update.......a guy I work with contacted me...said he has a 2000 chevy blazer that he was gonna get rid of because he's getting a new truck...........he said he was gonna flat out give it to me,,,i just have to cover plate transfer/title....etc. it has a few minor issues,,,but a sound vehicle otherwise.....its gonna be a few weeks though........

I am firmly, 100% convinced,,, the lord is showing his hand in all of this,,,,from walking away from the wreck,,,,to this awesome act of generosity. one would have to be a fool to not see it.

I know a coon trapper that will give you a $1000 bucks for it.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/30/20 01:49 PM

Gal your ok and blessed.
Wife and I went up to Coon Rapids MN to pick up our grandson. Nothing worse then Minneapolis drivers! THE topper was a black car swerved at us from a right lane. Wife looks down and the lady has her left leg against the window and is breast feeding a baby on her lap at 80 mph. Stupid people out there.
Posted By: dkrug

Re: lucky to be alive - 06/30/20 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bear Tracker
Gal your ok and blessed.
Wife and I went up to Coon Rapids MN to pick up our grandson. Nothing worse then Minneapolis drivers! THE topper was a black car swerved at us from a right lane. Wife looks down and the lady has her left leg against the window and is breast feeding a baby on her lap at 80 mph. Stupid people out there.

NASCAR babies aren't raised on bottles, it takes the racer's edge out of them.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums