Home

Sea World (kinda) Pic's heavy

Posted By: River Birch

Sea World (kinda) Pic's heavy - 06/26/20 08:11 PM

Was asked if I wanted to take a tuna trip to the Canyon waters off our coast (85-130 miles) A quick yes and I was in…
It’s been a few years since I have been able to get out.
It never ceases to amaze me the amount of Mammal and sea life that can be found.
Our trip started at O’dark thirty and we were 50 miles off before the sun even started to show…
The first spot we got to didn’t have the stuff we were looking for (whales, dolphins and birds) so off to the East we go, as we located a pod of whales (5) and a huge pod of dolphins (50+) along with lots of “Tuna Chicks” we set out our trolling spread…
It didn’t take long and we had fish on, we kept our 1 (one) over (it was 60”) and one under along with plenty of tuna released to fight another day….
Wasn’t long and our arms were tired from fighting fish we decided to clean up and take the long ride back to dock.
Thank God for his beautiful creations and the chance to experience his work, lots of delicious tuna to enjoy.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The dolphins swim right in our spread and along side the boat (they are way too smart to ever get caught,not that we want to catch any) The tuna come busting up between the dolphins and whales and attack our lures...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Sea World (kinda) Pic's heavy - 06/26/20 08:14 PM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Sea World (kinda) Pic's heavy - 06/26/20 08:16 PM

Nice
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: Sea World (kinda) Pic's heavy - 06/26/20 08:21 PM

What a cool adventure!
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Sea World (kinda) Pic's heavy - 06/26/20 08:29 PM

Eddie, sweet man!!
Posted By: bad karma

Re: Sea World (kinda) Pic's heavy - 06/26/20 10:45 PM

Got to love a bloody boat...
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Sea World (kinda) Pic's heavy - 06/27/20 12:04 AM

You day looks way cooler than any trip I have made to Sea World!
Posted By: marathonman

Re: Sea World (kinda) Pic's heavy - 06/27/20 12:05 AM

good day great trip people look at me cross-eyed when I tell them it is a wilderness out there..I have likely been on the ocean fishing 30 to 80 miles out over 100 times...to me once you can't see land it is an adventure all its own and becomes stress relieving and addictive..for some it is poison..I love it..great pics R.B.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Sea World (kinda) Pic's heavy - 06/27/20 03:06 AM

Bucket list.
Posted By: nightlife

Re: Sea World (kinda) Pic's heavy - 06/27/20 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Northof50
Bucket list.

X2 something I have wanted to do for a long time, probably never will happen
Posted By: bobsheedy

Re: Sea World (kinda) Pic's heavy - 06/27/20 11:12 AM

Interesting pics. Thanks.

Re: Sea World (kinda) Pic's heavy - 06/27/20 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
You day looks way cooler than any trip I have made to Sea World!

Now that's a classic ... Good one Leftlane!
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: Sea World (kinda) Pic's heavy - 06/27/20 11:37 AM

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. Very nice!

Re: Sea World (kinda) Pic's heavy - 06/27/20 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by marathonman
good day great trip people look at me cross-eyed when I tell them it is a wilderness out there..I have likely been on the ocean fishing 30 to 80 miles out over 100 times...to me once you can't see land it is an adventure all its own and becomes stress relieving and addictive..for some it is poison..I love it..great pics R.B.

So true marathonman it's just another world out there, I have seen manta-rays come torpedoing out of the water that were 15' across giant sea turtles and just incredible sunrises and sunsets... Those that have it on their bucket list it truly is an amazing experience!
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Sea World (kinda) Pic's heavy - 06/27/20 01:15 PM

Us flat-linners it is a true BUCKET LIST, as we would be using it as our sea legs get adapted. thanks for posting River Birch.
Brings a new meaning to hook -line-caught tuna as we open a can up

Re: Sea World (kinda) Pic's heavy - 06/27/20 06:08 PM

Grilled up a tuna steak...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Shared a bit with a friend and she made this...

[Linked Image]

And since its tough to beat fresh tuna made up some tataki (wish I could share with everyone,so good)...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: lennitrapper

Re: Sea World (kinda) Pic's heavy - 06/27/20 07:00 PM

We were headed out for an overnight las night. Woulda been my first in a center console. Done dozens in a sport fish. 2019 fountain 34cc. Engine had less than 35 hours on it... I was running it out for the owner and BAM 6 miles off blew a power head.

Expensive day. Hopefully the warranty covers it.

Re: Sea World (kinda) Pic's heavy - 06/27/20 10:23 PM

Tough to get video and run the boat and gaff and get the fish on board, but here is a video from this trip... Check out the dolphins, whale and Hammer fighting one of the tunas. These are strong fighting fish if you never hooked into one...

Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Sea World (kinda) Pic's heavy - 06/27/20 11:15 PM

Your buddy sitting on the side after the fish was in the boat tells the tail! Great video, thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Sea World (kinda) Pic's heavy - 06/27/20 11:46 PM

Great video Eddie. I sure envy you guys that can fish the big water. I get sick just watchin the video's lol. Thanks for sharing man!
Posted By: JoMiBru

Re: Sea World (kinda) Pic's heavy - 06/28/20 01:04 AM

Looks like the one you killed ate the Green Machine!? Great lure to have in any offshore trolling spread! We always run in long right down the center. Looks like a great day! Great job on the tuna

John
Posted By: bobsheedy

Re: Sea World (kinda) Pic's heavy - 06/28/20 11:36 AM

I enjoyed the video and pictures. The ocean looks great.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums