Home

Utah

Posted By: waterwells

Utah - 06/26/20 10:08 PM

Have to go to Utah , I would like to trout fish a day , what part of the state would be good to go ? Ray
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Utah - 06/26/20 10:11 PM

Northeast. Uinta Mts.
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Utah - 06/26/20 10:27 PM

If you’re near Huntington, look for Pete’s Hole. Beautiful mountain lake....lots of trout. You can drive right to it.
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Utah - 06/26/20 11:00 PM

I dont know want part Utah your going but I went out there for 2 weeks for work and the ride up through the Ogden canyon was nice. Box Elder was flat and boring.

Re: Utah - 06/27/20 12:18 AM

I think I have to cover the whole state , checking the wells at the rest areas , I wanted to make it over to moon lake , hopefully find some old traps and catch a tiger trout , never saw one . Maybe catch one on my niti 1 lures .

Re: Utah - 06/27/20 12:19 AM

Lunt is my first stop , south of beaver Utah
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Utah - 06/27/20 12:57 AM

I'd want to make 12 or 15 stops here and there like Water Wells.
I know I want to try some of those massive lake trout at that lake north of Vernal!
Posted By: Jeremiah Wood

Re: Utah - 06/27/20 01:27 AM

Logan. Awesome stream trout fishing and beautiful scenery.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Utah - 06/27/20 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
I know I want to try some of those massive lake trout at that lake north of Vernal!

What do you call massive lake trout?

Re: Utah - 06/27/20 01:49 AM

Im a little over 6 ft and we saw several from a cliff that would have been as long as I am but built like a barrel of whiskey.

You got some doozies up there?
Posted By: wallfur

Re: Utah - 06/27/20 01:55 AM

What do you call massive lake trout?[/quote].....mackinaw lake trout

Re: Utah - 06/27/20 02:16 AM

Havent heard of any really big lake trout here.Apparently a Minnesota poacher caught a 50lber in NW ont but had it seized and was charged.
In the NWT the angling record is 7Olb or so.
One was weighed from a net 102lb.Big ones from nets are rarely weighed or recorded like elsewhere.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Utah - 06/27/20 02:57 AM

I would go somewhere that had a ton of those beautiful, blonde, blue eyed Mormon girls! Might ask one to show me the fishing!!
Posted By: Osky

Re: Utah - 06/27/20 03:22 AM

Funny you say that Left. I am 3/4 done refitting a boat I'm sending down to Utah explicitly for lake trout and Muskie. I read just a week or two back someone landed a 41lb lake trout in Utah.
Boco this border closure nailed me good this year. I had 3 groups set to go starting 2 days ago. Cree lake in Sask, then jump to Slave lake, then finish out up at Plummers on Great Bear lake. Between the three that's a big bunch of money not going to Canada.
All groups were set up for trophy lakers.

Osky

Re: Utah - 06/27/20 03:46 AM

Oh well,the fish aint going anywhere.
They'll be a wee bit bigger next year too.
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Utah - 06/27/20 04:15 AM

Utah?

I think you'd have to do the Green River below flaming gorge..

Re: Utah - 06/27/20 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Osky

Funny you say that Left. I am 3/4 done refitting a boat I'm sending down to Utah explicitly for lake trout and Muskie. I read just a week or two back someone landed a 41lb lake trout in Utah.
Boco this border closure nailed me good this year. I had 3 groups set to go starting 2 days ago. Cree lake in Sask, then jump to Slave lake, then finish out up at Plummers on Great Bear lake. Between the three that's a big bunch of money not going to Canada.
All groups were set up for trophy lakers.

Osky

Yeah it was a 10 yr old kid! Have fun I will always wish I had gone with you.

Re: Utah - 06/29/20 11:38 AM

To old for Mormon girls , I went through a whole lot of nothing so far , haven’t been in Utah since 76 . The green river may be an option .
© 2024 Trapperman Forums