Home

Kaatz bros

Posted By: KYtrapper2005

Kaatz bros - 06/28/20 07:36 PM

Anyone ever use their stuff? Just bought some of Kellen Kaatz gold label bait
Posted By: Cameron Kelsey

Re: Kaatz bros - 06/28/20 07:43 PM

I have. What I have used I have been impressed with.
Posted By: Teacher

Re: Kaatz bros - 06/28/20 08:14 PM

I’ve used Smokin Aces as a trailing scent and right in the DP. It was okay. Then I decided to mix about 4 oz in 5 cups of kitten chow or pelletized catfish food. JabNE suggested something similar so I tried it with Smokin Aces. Holy buckets, Batman, coon LOVE this stuff!! I put it out streamside at a friend’s farm in April. Coon found it in a day and ate everything but the pipe I put it in.

An acquaintance says Kaatz Ulti-boss (Or whatever it’s called) is equally good.

I’ll buy Kaatz lures and baits again. I’ve noticed the odor holds up well and if the critters are there, they’ll at least work the set. The rest is up to you.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Kaatz bros - 06/28/20 08:33 PM

A good friend back in Kansas will use any bait / lure on the market so long as it says Katz Bros or C. Calps & he put up a lot of fur back in the day. I do good using anything from those 2 makes as well
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: Kaatz bros - 06/28/20 09:54 PM

There black label is the only commercial coon bait we use. Have used there red label with good results too
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Kaatz bros - 06/28/20 10:01 PM

I used there toxi dog with good success on cats as well as coyotes.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Kaatz bros - 06/28/20 10:59 PM

Piledriver has produced a lot of fur for me
Posted By: rick olson

Re: Kaatz bros - 06/28/20 11:29 PM

Evanesce is a very good lure for coyote,fox and bobcat.Mike i've never used Piledriver but with the mink gland i'm guessing it pretty good for coyote,have you used it for a change up.Otter gland is good for coyotes and wolves.
Posted By: BBarnes

Re: Kaatz bros - 06/29/20 12:17 AM

Excellent baits and lures. Not to mention they are top notch to do business with.

B
Posted By: AnthonyT

Re: Kaatz bros - 06/29/20 12:58 AM

Pile Driver works well on canines. Caught my very first coyote with it! I use a lot of Kaatz Bros stuff - Black Label, Green Label, Pile Driver, Beaver Lure, Yazoo Bob, Wicked Mink Gland - but my number one lure by them is Plum River, it will catch anything. I always have a 4oz jar of Plum River with me.
Posted By: trapperjdb

Re: Kaatz bros - 06/29/20 01:01 AM

Been using their stuff for awhile, with great success. Kyle and Kellen are top notch.
Posted By: Cameron Kelsey

Re: Kaatz bros - 06/29/20 01:33 AM

1-800 Predator Call is death on cats and coyotes. Black Label is a solid, versatile bait.
Posted By: KYtrapper2005

Re: Kaatz bros - 06/29/20 03:10 AM

Anyone use gold label?
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Kaatz bros - 06/29/20 11:31 AM

Guys I was lucky enough to test/experiment with some of these lures when the Kaatz Bros were just starting up...they make good stuff! Good trapping family.
Rick the piledriver is used as a change up fresh set...usually flat set, but also in a punch hole type of set with other attractors. Love the minky smells in it. 1-800 is a great call lure!
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Kaatz bros - 06/29/20 12:11 PM

I've had pretty good success with black label at pocket sets and in cages for coon.
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Kaatz bros - 06/29/20 02:28 PM

I've had great results with Kaatz's Bros Black Label raccoon bait and I really like their "dirty" beaver castor. Nice people to deal with at fair prices and very fast shipping too.
Posted By: 2cylinder

Re: Kaatz bros - 06/29/20 02:34 PM

Best advice I can give is try it out. Some lures seem to do better in different regions of the country then others. I've used some of Kaatz predator lures and I've had pretty good results with them, but everyone has different ways of making sets and the lures/baits may work better or worse depending on your set.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Kaatz bros - 06/29/20 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Matt28
I used there toxi dog with good success on cats as well as coyotes.

I have too.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Kaatz bros - 06/30/20 07:39 PM

Good stuff
Posted By: foxkidd44

Re: Kaatz bros - 06/30/20 10:50 PM

the cherry stuff that comes in a pint bottle is LOUD,, last a very long time......caught a lot of fur with it.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums