Home

Are we just a bunch of parrots?

Posted By: Animals Only

Are we just a bunch of parrots? - 07/03/20 11:40 AM

I quit watching the news because of all the virus and blm crap that is on. Now every other post is related to the news. I know we all have opinions on what is happening in the news but do we have to spoil our trapping forum with it. Don't let them insert themselves into every part of your lives. That's just what they want. Disruption. Come on guys. We need more trapping, hunting, fishing, outdoors, collecting or other interesting off topic posts. So just say this before you post, I am not a parrot, I am not a parrot, I am not a parrot.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Are we just a bunch of parrots? - 07/03/20 11:43 AM

The trapping forum isn't affected by this news. Check it out if you haven't yet.

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/postlist/Board/25
Posted By: run

Re: Are we just a bunch of parrots? - 07/03/20 12:13 PM

I agree with animals only.
Posted By: Animals Only

Re: Are we just a bunch of parrots? - 07/03/20 12:25 PM

Thanks Paul. The trapper talk forum has a lot of interesting posts and I do enjoy it's diversity of post topics and the members there. I've learned a lot of things and enjoy the off topic interests of my fellow trappers. It's just having to scroll through the news break of every other post. Maybe start a new forum called "In the news" to go to and vent their frustrations.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Are we just a bunch of parrots? - 07/03/20 12:59 PM

Ya just gota resist the urge to click on a thread that is probably gona beat the dead horse further into mush.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Are we just a bunch of parrots? - 07/03/20 02:09 PM

It's pretty easy to skip over whatever you don't want to read.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Are we just a bunch of parrots? - 07/03/20 02:52 PM

Isn't this thread exactly what your talking about, ironic
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Are we just a bunch of parrots? - 07/03/20 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Animals Only
I quit watching the news because of all the virus and blm crap that is on. Now every other post is related to the news. I know we all have opinions on what is happening in the news but do we have to spoil our trapping forum with it. Don't let them insert themselves into every part of your lives. That's just what they want. Disruption. Come on guys. We need more trapping, hunting, fishing, outdoors, collecting or other interesting off topic posts. So just say this before you post, I am not a parrot, I am not a parrot, I am not a parrot.

Not all of us started trapping last year. 40 plus years of this is the best trap, scent control, dirt holes, best bait or lure, my hunt, pictures of dead anything can get old too. Not interesting to me.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Are we just a bunch of parrots? - 07/03/20 03:21 PM

There was a small village where there biggest establishments was just a church and a bar. The bar caught on fire and all that was saved was the old parrot. Then no one wanted to take him so they decided to give him to the church. In the first service the old bird said "same crowd just different music".
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Are we just a bunch of parrots? - 07/03/20 03:59 PM

You control what you watch and read. You said you quit watching the news, so stop clicking open and reading posts youar enot interested in. I do it all the time. You are in control! Happy 4th of July to all, God Bless America!
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Are we just a bunch of parrots? - 07/03/20 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bear Tracker
You control what you watch and read. You said you quit watching the news, so stop clicking open and reading posts youar enot interested in. I do it all the time. You are in control! Happy 4th of July to all, God Bless America!

Originally Posted by trapdog1
It's pretty easy to skip over whatever you don't want to read.

X2
Posted By: Boco

Re: Are we just a bunch of parrots? - 07/03/20 04:12 PM

I find it entertaining-especially when Walleyes and PCR start up.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Are we just a bunch of parrots? - 07/03/20 04:23 PM

Yep , cheap entertainment

Trapper talk is a great place for trappers to get together and chinwag about anything and everything.

Not sure how anyone could get butt hurt over that
Posted By: Pawbracelets7

Re: Are we just a bunch of parrots? - 07/03/20 04:41 PM

A week or so ago there was a post on here about a Civil War memorial park where local Leo's and patriotic citizens were standing guard because BLM crowd said/rumored they were coming to destroy the memorial. The local news didn't report that they came, only that militia types were standing around armed. I found on here that they indeed had came and reconsidered getting off the bus. Sometimes real news can be relayed by those who actually live in areas that a liberal media won't report.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Are we just a bunch of parrots? - 07/03/20 04:44 PM

Dang and I thought this was only news wasn't fake news??? LMAO!

Mac
Posted By: cattails

Re: Are we just a bunch of parrots? - 07/03/20 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Pawbracelets7
A week or so ago there was a post on here about a Civil War memorial park where local Leo's and patriotic citizens were standing guard because BLM crowd said/rumored they were coming to destroy the memorial. The local news didn't report that they came, only that militia types were standing around armed. I found on here that they indeed had came and reconsidered getting off the bus. Sometimes real news can be relayed by those who actually live in areas that a liberal media won't report.

I trust this site more than the news. You'll get a diverse set of perspectives , from some well seasoned fellas.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums