Home

Spray Paint..wth!

Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Spray Paint..wth! - 07/03/20 02:26 PM

Where do these vandals get all that spray paint they use to paint up everything? This aint just 1 or 3 cans....this is hundreds of cans and mulit-colors too. This has got to be thousands of $$ of paint as some of these cities have paint all over every building, sidewalks, barricades, statutes, etc. Some was likely stolen from looted stores, but not all of it. Is this what they spend their money on...Good grief!

In addition, have you ever sat at a train crossing as the train passed by and wondered who in the heck bought all that spray paint to cover nearly every rail car with murals, graffiti, unknown symbols, illegible names and phrases? Hundreds of cans of paint have been used for just a few of these rail cars. These folks, gang members, vandals buying by the case or what. Cant be stealing that much paint and color assortment. And the time involved in painting some of these rail cars. Not just a bunch of bored kids messing around with paint.

Walmart or Dollar General shoppers with a buggy full of spray paint......likely there's the guys/gals!! No job and don't want one.....government handout for groceries, rent, whatever else, but somehow get thousands of dollars worth of spray paint..........

......I don't get it!

My rant is over.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Spray Paint..wth! - 07/03/20 02:30 PM

about a week after the riots started in Madison (Madistan) I was at the farm and fleet in Verona about 15 minutes south west of Madison. virtually every color that wasn't beige was gone

I managed to get some of the down spray marking cans , a few of white and a Kubota orange

we had a range work day and I was painting t-posts that mark distances
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Spray Paint..wth! - 07/03/20 02:32 PM

If they are having bricks put in place for them the same could happen with paint then too.

Re: Spray Paint..wth! - 07/03/20 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
If they are having bricks put in place for them the same could happen with paint then too.

Yeah...i figured there were donations at the vandalizing parties, but the rail car decorating is puzzling....

Re: Spray Paint..wth! - 07/03/20 03:26 PM

Some people ride skate boards some tag anything that stands still it’s like free range artists. It’s about getting their work out there and the risk involved in getting it done.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Spray Paint..wth! - 07/03/20 04:30 PM

There are some talented folks out there spraying graffiti on rail cars. They could be making a good living if they directed their talents in the right direction.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Spray Paint..wth! - 07/03/20 04:34 PM

and I'm pretty sure you have to be 18 to buy spray paint now.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Spray Paint..wth! - 07/03/20 04:54 PM

I look at them rail cars all time and wonder just how long they were parked? Got be some time in one place that they got so much paint on them?? I think the having to be 18 to buy paint came about more from them kids huffing. Can't say I've seen it but have heard some them serious taggers got vest hold paint cans like guys have shot shells in hunting vest..I know I seen a guy once marking timber for county had on vest with load spay cans. Maybe they use a set up like that.. Got to be someone caught on camera doing it? Maybe on youtube?

Mac

Re: Spray Paint..wth! - 07/03/20 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by QuietButDeadly
There are some talented folks out there spraying graffiti on rail cars. They could be making a good living if they directed their talents in the right direction.

Same reason we trap maybe?
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Spray Paint..wth! - 07/03/20 05:19 PM

george soros and other democrats are paying for and having spray paint, bricks and gasoline distributed to the rioters.

Keith
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Spray Paint..wth! - 07/03/20 05:44 PM

Make the legal age to buy spray paint 30. I'm sure The Turtle of the Senate would oblige.

BTW...did anyone else know that loc-tite is an age Restricted item now. Hadn't bought ant in a long time .
Posted By: Ghost14

Re: Spray Paint..wth! - 07/03/20 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog

Hahahaha, I have 2 small loads of bricks bought and paid for by Antifa that will be used on the shop when I get it built. They stashed them in locations all over town for their would be “peaceful protest”. Thank god we still have police and investigators working around the clock to end this nonsense. I’m thinking I’ll inlay MAGA in a place or two just for the irony!
Posted By: Duckie1

Re: Spray Paint..wth! - 07/03/20 05:48 PM

It seems like the Republicans are just as bad as the Democrats. They are all turning into cowards that stand for nothing, they are caving at every turn to demands of radicals. Make a stand for law and order and jobs and just keep hammering those topics.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Spray Paint..wth! - 07/03/20 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by run
I actually think the rail car painting is cool. I don't support rioters however. The paint on rail cars keeps them from rusting. Carry on.

Me too, I used to hate it, but there definitely are some talented artists, and some not so much.
Posted By: Broomchaser

Re: Spray Paint..wth! - 07/03/20 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Where do these vandals get all that spray paint they use to paint up everything? This aint just 1 or 3 cans....this is hundreds of cans and mulit-colors too. This has got to be thousands of $$ of paint as some of these cities have paint all over every building, sidewalks, barricades, statutes, etc. Some was likely stolen from looted stores, but not all of it. Is this what they spend their money on...Good grief!

In addition, have you ever sat at a train crossing as the train passed by and wondered who in the heck bought all that spray paint to cover nearly every rail car with murals, graffiti, unknown symbols, illegible names and phrases? Hundreds of cans of paint have been used for just a few of these rail cars. These folks, gang members, vandals buying by the case or what. Cant be stealing that much paint and color assortment. And the time involved in painting some of these rail cars. Not just a bunch of bored kids messing around with paint.

Walmart or Dollar General shoppers with a buggy full of spray paint......likely there's the guys/gals!! No job and don't want one.....government handout for groceries, rent, whatever else, but somehow get thousands of dollars worth of spray paint..........

......I don't get it!

My rant is over.

Spooky doood.

Re: Spray Paint..wth! - 07/03/20 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Broomchaser

......I don't get it!

My rant is over.

Spooky doood.

What's spooky about it Dude?

Re: Spray Paint..wth! - 07/03/20 06:48 PM

He meant George Soros, most people know him as Spooky Dude of you know anything about him.

Re: Spray Paint..wth! - 07/03/20 06:52 PM

I doubt his friends call him that, assuming he has friends.
Posted By: silkyplainscoyot

Re: Spray Paint..wth! - 07/03/20 06:56 PM

I thought I read somewhere that spray paining or tagging(certain picture or name) on a rail car was started by drug runners. They would hide a stash on a certain car and that car would be recognized by the markings. I think it's carried over into a favorite past time now.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Spray Paint..wth! - 07/03/20 08:36 PM

They likely steel them when out looting!
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Spray Paint..wth! - 07/03/20 09:53 PM

Seen this one in Arizona, probably not spray paint and the artist probably actually got paid to do it.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Spray Paint..wth! - 07/03/20 09:58 PM

Judging by the edges, I'd say it was SP. Outstanding
Posted By: adam m

Re: Spray Paint..wth! - 07/03/20 11:32 PM

......I don't get it!

My rant is over.

You'd be surprised how far a can of paint goes.
Typical train art is not much. Maybe 1 or 2 full cans and a touch of a few other colors. Most graffiti artists carry only a few cans at a time. Average cost now is $4 can of krylon.
Unless they are doing a big mural.

Think of every place that sells paint.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Spray Paint..wth! - 07/03/20 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Seen this one in Arizona, probably not spray paint and the artist probably actually got paid to do it.

[Linked Image]

That's awesome.
That's spray paint. Easy to tell. Look at the signature in the triangle uneven and inconsistent lines, the tips of the ears show overspray
© 2024 Trapperman Forums