Home

Recommendations for new pellet grill

Posted By: eastwood44mag

Recommendations for new pellet grill - 07/04/20 05:38 PM

I've got a pit boss that has been nothing but trouble, and their customer service is a joke. Do I go with Traeger, or is there a different route I should look at?

Thanks
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Recommendations for new pellet grill - 07/04/20 05:44 PM

I have a green mountain grill it has been ok. It eats the pellets tho. I dont know anything about the traeger. I do have a pit boss smaoker its been good. What problems has the pit boss grill had?
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Recommendations for new pellet grill - 07/04/20 05:49 PM

Traeger is popular in these parts, but you end up buying a lot of gizmos and gadgets to go with it.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Recommendations for new pellet grill - 07/04/20 05:52 PM

I was just now looking at the new Weber pellet grill. I have a Louisiana pellet grill and it works good but have to clean it like any pellet stove. The weber appears to be self cleaning.
Posted By: 4zebra61

Re: Recommendations for new pellet grill - 07/04/20 05:54 PM

I have a Louisiana Grill lg series pellet smoker and it’s been great!
Posted By: trapperjdb

Re: Recommendations for new pellet grill - 07/04/20 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Traeger is popular in these parts, but you end up buying a lot of gizmos and gadgets to go with it.

So true, I am waiting on a Savannah Stoker controller for my Traeger. If I could go back in time I would get a Rec tec smoker
Posted By: trappinia

Re: Recommendations for new pellet grill - 07/04/20 06:27 PM

I'm very happy with my green mountain ,good customer service . I call it the easy bake oven .
Posted By: eastwood44mag

Re: Recommendations for new pellet grill - 07/04/20 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Matt28
I have a green mountain grill it has been ok. It eats the pellets tho. I dont know anything about the traeger. I do have a pit boss smaoker its been good. What problems has the pit boss grill had?

Absolutely won't maintain temp. I've had it be a couple hundred degrees off the mark, and their c/s refuses to acknowledge the possibility.
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Recommendations for new pellet grill - 07/04/20 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by eastwood44mag
Originally Posted by Matt28

Absolutely won't maintain temp. I've had it be a couple hundred degrees off the mark, and their c/s refuses to acknowledge the possibility.

Good to know I won't buy a pit boss grill. I got my green mountain off a local guy. I have had it 5 years or so and haven't done anything to it yet but am about to have to puts some part on it or buy another one.
Posted By: Dana I

Re: Recommendations for new pellet grill - 07/05/20 02:42 AM

I looked into them pretty hard but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I think when I do it will be a Rec Tec. They seem to be a great grill, made by a great company thats run by some great guys. Of course my opinion is only based on the reading I have done as I have not used one, so take my opinion with a huge grain of salt.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Recommendations for new pellet grill - 07/05/20 02:48 AM

I’ve heard good things about Rec Tec grills...

https://www.rectecgrills.com/

I’ve not used one personally, yet.
Posted By: Honeydog

Re: Recommendations for new pellet grill - 07/05/20 03:21 AM

I love my Treager. Easy to use. Maintains temp well. I've had no problems.
Posted By: yukonal

Re: Recommendations for new pellet grill - 07/05/20 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by 4zebra61

X2!
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Recommendations for new pellet grill - 07/05/20 04:52 AM

.... never mind, I was going to recommend the Pit Boss as I haven't had a bit of trouble with it. crazy
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Recommendations for new pellet grill - 07/05/20 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by 4zebra61

X2
Posted By: daveharmon

Re: Recommendations for new pellet grill - 07/05/20 09:58 AM

I have 2 Pit bosses wilh absolutely no problemsI use them constantly and honestly it's the only brand I would buy.I also have friends that own them with no problems.
Posted By: womper

Re: Recommendations for new pellet grill - 07/05/20 10:36 AM

i will throw in a nod for pit boss as well. I have a buddy that had an older one,it came with a 1 year warranty. he has had a few problems but has nothing but praise for the customer service. I got a pit boss for Christmas a couple years ago and it has a 3 year warranty. I have not had a single problem. my understanding is that they changed a few processes from the 1st generation to the second. Love mine.i use it a lot.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Recommendations for new pellet grill - 07/05/20 02:42 PM

Like my Pit Boss as well. Holds temperature right where you set it and I use it year around all kinds of weather. Did have the pellet auger bind up once which I understand is a fairly common problem but not too difficult to resolve.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Recommendations for new pellet grill - 07/05/20 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
.... never mind, I was going to recommend the Pit Boss as I haven't had a bit of trouble with it. crazy

X2

I have both a traeger and a pit boss , both are great , I prefer the pit boss with the higher temp range and hood thermometer
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Recommendations for new pellet grill - 07/05/20 03:45 PM

Buy another pit boss and return the old one with the new box and receipt
Posted By: Abu65

Re: Recommendations for new pellet grill - 07/05/20 04:08 PM

I've been researching this topic and I hear great things about the Rec Tec.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums