Home

WASHINGTON-on the history channel--now

Posted By: Bogmaster

WASHINGTON-on the history channel--now - 07/05/20 12:20 AM

Very good series on the father of our country.Watching it ,shows exactly what our forefathers went through to make this country great.
Taking on the greatest military forces on earth and beating them.
Should be watched by everyone,especially by those that are now trying to tear down this wonderful country.
Our history should be remembered by everyone.
Tom
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: WASHINGTON-on the history channel--now - 07/05/20 02:02 AM

I tend to agree with you and the presidents remarks last night. Washington dedicated his life to establishing this great country so that any man could thrive under liberty and freedom and it is a shame anyone would want to erase our history.
Posted By: wr otis

Re: WASHINGTON-on the history channel--now - 07/05/20 03:59 AM

They mention fort necessity? Where he built a fort out in the wide open, got surrounded, and had to surrender to the french of all people. The french surrounded them, and after a couple of days of losing men and horses and dogs, they gave up. If they would have killed him, who knows how the rest of history plays out.

Re: WASHINGTON-on the history channel--now - 07/05/20 04:36 AM

The History channel had a short series on a few years back called The Men Who Built America I think. The more you learn about those times, the more it is apparent nothing could be taken for granted. Bravery isn't joining the fight when you are assured of a win- its joining the fight b/c you know you are fighting for the right things: win, lose, or draw.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: WASHINGTON-on the history channel--now - 07/05/20 04:53 AM

The boys and I watched it. 2 thumbs up from us. Grant was a great one too

Re: WASHINGTON-on the history channel--now - 07/05/20 06:00 AM

History channel has had some very good documentaries. Lot to learn about our country and this channel is providing a lot of answers.
Tom
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: WASHINGTON-on the history channel--now - 07/05/20 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
The History channel had a short series on a few years back called The Men Who Built America I think. The more you learn about those times, the more it is apparent nothing could be taken for granted. Bravery isn't joining the fight when you are assured of a win- its joining the fight b/c you know you are fighting for the right things: win, lose, or draw.

Sometimes Leftlaner, you offer your Tman'ing brothers and sisters a gem.
I'm no geologist, or deep sea diver,
but this is one of your better pearls bro!

Thanks
Mark
Posted By: snowy

Re: WASHINGTON-on the history channel--now - 07/05/20 12:09 PM

That was a great documentary of our leaders and history of this country. Why the blue party wants to destroy that history is beyond me.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: WASHINGTON-on the history channel--now - 07/05/20 12:31 PM

Ill try to find it in the internet and check it out.

I really like many of their others docs like Men Who Made America mentioned above.

I wish more would show Washington becoming a leader by delving into his younger life and how he maneuvered.

Re: WASHINGTON-on the history channel--now - 07/05/20 01:00 PM

Thanks Mark- even a blind pig squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while.

Try not to roast today- Im starting out w/o even a jacket on LOL

Re: WASHINGTON-on the history channel--now - 07/05/20 01:14 PM

Heck,we have another 90 degree day ahead of us ,here in the north country. Two weeks in a row of this heat ,is hard on an old fart. Not sure which is worse--90 degree heat or 30 below cold.
Tom
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: WASHINGTON-on the history channel--now - 07/05/20 01:45 PM

The great thing about Washington is that he did not want to be President after his military career. He did so for his country and people. Compare that to today's politicians who do it for the money and power.

Re: WASHINGTON-on the history channel--now - 07/05/20 01:54 PM

Exactly- you would think a man of honor would never need to pander for votes
© 2024 Trapperman Forums