Home

National Garden

Posted By: mnsota

National Garden - 07/06/20 01:46 AM

of American heroes . Our President has suggested we need an area of which we as a nation can honor and respect those that came before us. Statues of those that have contributed so much to our rich history as a nation. He had offered and named many during his speech on the fourth and left open suggestions to those that would submit names of which Americans played an integral part in shaping our historical learning.

My question is,..who of which,in concern of us as trappers blazed the trail that gained so much significance? Would you agree of course Lewis and Clark,..Jim Bridger? Meeks? Astor?
Others?
Our President suggested all remittance would garner scrutiny.
Sounds like a good opportunity to forge our foundation as a big player in respect to developing the west and opening trade and travel routes.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: National Garden - 07/06/20 02:16 AM

Jedediah Smith
Posted By: charles

Re: National Garden - 07/06/20 02:55 AM

Probably some Russian in Alaska.

Re: National Garden - 07/06/20 03:22 AM

Probably some Russian in Alaska.

Why would you say that?,..interested
Posted By: bblwi

Re: National Garden - 07/06/20 03:46 AM

Kit Carson, There were also French fur traders in MI, WI and other northern areas 150 years before the Lewis and Clark expedition and the short term fur trade that followed.

Bryce

Re: National Garden - 07/06/20 04:22 AM

Yes, he mentioned Kit Carson and I had omitted the rich history involving voyagers. Who of those would you regard as a significant contributor to historical reference?
Posted By: Pike River

Re: National Garden - 07/06/20 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by mnsota
Yes, he mentioned Kit Carson and I had omitted the rich history involving voyagers. Who of those would you regard as a significant contributor to historical reference?

Theres so many it might be better to create one of a stereotype with a educational plaque recognizing inidivduals and their collective story.
Posted By: 080808

Re: National Garden - 07/06/20 12:14 PM

Chesty Puller.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: National Garden - 07/06/20 06:17 PM

French explorers such as Brule' were documented in WI and what is now UP MI as early as 1621. As to French fur traders I don't have any specific names right off hand. There are some references at Heritage Park in Green Bay but those were after 1634 when Nicolet and Joliet traveled down the Fox, portaged the roughly 1 mile to the Mississippi and down. There were several French forts and fur trading places throughout WI and the French were there until 1755 when the British won the French and Indian War.

Bryce
© 2024 Trapperman Forums