Home

offsets

Posted By: marathonman

offsets - 07/06/20 08:52 PM

Looking for opinions on offset traps for beaver? Stay deep for hindfoot only? I have had a fair amount back feet slide right down to the last knuckle above the toe nail and still be there....if it had been an offset I don't know
Posted By: bctomcat

Re: offsets - 07/06/20 09:19 PM

Offsets are a poor option for beaver IMO. I think you answered your own question when you stated, " I have had a fair amount back feet slide right down to the last knuckle above the toe nail and still be there....if it had been an offset I don't know"
Posted By: The Beav

Re: offsets - 07/07/20 04:00 PM

There are several IFs to consider. "If" you got a real deep catch on a back foot you would be ok "If "you only targeted a front foot you would be ok. So In my opinion I wouldn't use an offset for beaver trapping.
Posted By: AnthonyT

Re: offsets - 07/07/20 04:05 PM

I'd go so far as to say offsets are a no go for any type of water trapping IMO.

Re: offsets - 07/07/20 04:05 PM

I bought a couple at a good price and then asked the question on here thanks for the input..maybe I can just weld the offsets shut
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: offsets - 07/07/20 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by marathonman
I bought a couple at a good price and then asked the question on here thanks for the input..maybe I can just weld the offsets shut

What specific traps? I have held beaver fine in offset MB750's even though I'll admit I traded them off for closed jaws to be on the safe side.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: offsets - 07/07/20 05:32 PM

Then you must have never had any toe caught beaver.
Just take some round stock or square stock and weld It to the face of one jaw and your good to go.

Re: offsets - 07/08/20 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Originally Posted by marathonman

What specific traps? I have held beaver fine in offset MB750's even though I'll admit I traded them off for closed jaws to be on the safe side.

exactly thats what they are mb750"S
Posted By: Greg / MO

Re: offsets - 07/08/20 06:07 PM

I don't like offsets for ANYthing, much less beaver.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums