Home

What is the best trapping supplies website?

Posted By: Gone Trappin.

What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/06/20 09:07 PM

I like Fleming traps because the price seems fair and they have free shipping with orders over 99 bucks (that is helpful be a I’ll wait for a decent time before I get a big haul of all the stuff I need instead of buying it over time) but if there is another website that is better please tell me because I’m about to get some stuff and want to make sure I’m getting the most out of my money. PCS, F&T, and Minnesota seem good but I’ve never really investigated their shop. Any suggestions are great.
Posted By: corky

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/06/20 09:16 PM

A good place to start are the sponsors of these forums.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/06/20 09:55 PM

Minnesota Trapline Products
Posted By: Green Bay

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/06/20 10:29 PM

X2 on our sponsors Minnesota Trapline and F &T.

That said there are some other companies like Cumberlands that I like to do business with too.

Brian
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/06/20 10:35 PM

I have liked dealing with Funke's Trap Supply in Iowa and Cumberland's in Minnesota.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/06/20 10:38 PM

F and T and MTP for me...also shop with Top Lot.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/06/20 10:51 PM

Another vote for the sponsors of this site: FnT, MTP, and PCS impress me each and every time I ever order from them.
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/06/20 10:52 PM

FnT
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/06/20 11:35 PM

[quote=corky]A good place to start are the sponsors of these forums.[/

X2. Also, don’t forget your local dealers to support.
Posted By: mikeinpa

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/06/20 11:45 PM

I know you asked about websites but I always thought I got the most value going to the state and local rondys
Posted By: Deerhunter51

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/06/20 11:51 PM

I give them all the free advertising I can, they have always done me right.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/06/20 11:59 PM

M.T.P. Great folks.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/07/20 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by corky
A good place to start are the sponsors of these forums.

This right here ^^^^^^^^

Chris
Posted By: Dana I

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/07/20 12:48 AM

Anything that I don't pick up at the trappers conventions is usually purchased through Minnesota Trapline Products or Dakota Line Snares. Can't go wrong with either one.
Posted By: Gone Trappin.

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/07/20 12:52 AM

Alright sounds good I was thinking that traps at conventions would be overpriced because they are conventions and a lot of traffic. But I think F&T will work pretty well with what I can’t get at OSTA conventions
Posted By: AnthonyT

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/07/20 01:03 AM

Dakotaline no longer sells retail as of July 1st.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/07/20 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mason Mayer
Alright sounds good I was thinking that traps at conventions would be overpriced because they are conventions and a lot of traffic. But I think F&T will work pretty well with what I can’t get at OSTA conventions

I've never noticed traps marked up at conventions. Even if they were, you'd save on shipping.
Posted By: Dean Chapel

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/07/20 02:59 AM

SCHMITT ENTERPRISES
Posted By: cwtrapper

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/07/20 03:10 AM

This thread reminded me of a dealer years ago. Ludy Von Sheda if I remember correctly. The last day of the WTA convention he would get up on the back of his truck. Auction off boxes of traps and supplies till he sold out. Didn't want to haul them home. I got some awful good deals at that time.
Posted By: Leary Sink

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/07/20 05:11 AM

Each year at the NCTA convention in Smithfield, NC I pick up just about all my supplies I will need for the season. I don't pay shipping and I get to see exactly what Im looking for without wondering about a description in a catalog and ask questions.
Most of the time I can call ahead and they will make sure to bring the items I want to purchase.
The biggest plus is every year I support my state trappers association and also get to visit Paul in his booth and discuss baits and lures and his advice and tips on what bait works best with a certain lure or a particular set is priceless.

The Boss is smarter than a big tree full of owls when it comes to that stuff
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/07/20 05:17 AM

I prefer Schmitt and Funke's for the majority of everything I need. They both have super fast shipping and its always spot on. Great people too, very honest, which a huge deal in my dealings.

~ADC~
Posted By: 2cylinder

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/07/20 12:00 PM

Cumberlands
Posted By: Raizmup

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/07/20 01:14 PM

I do believe most places run specials during conventions. But do the corona bs not sure how many there will be. I purchase through MTP and Southern Snares and Supply when I order online.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/07/20 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mason Mayer

trappers conventions are a bit different than other types of shows.

trappers know typically exactly what the price a dozen is walking in the gate if your not going to beat the catalog price on a dozen , you will be hauling it home again.

remember packing orders costs something even if you charge shipping . if you can crack open a case or better yet sell by the case and pull them right out of the trailer it is fewer times you had to touch that trap and thus less labor.
Posted By: Tom cat

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/07/20 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Leary Sink
Each year at the NCTA convention in Smithfield, NC I pick up just about all my supplies I will need for the season. I don't pay shipping and I get to see exactly what Im looking for without wondering about a description in a catalog and ask questions.
Most of the time I can call ahead and they will make sure to bring the items I want to purchase.
The biggest plus is every year I support my state trappers association and also get to visit Paul in his booth and discuss baits and lures and his advice and tips on what bait works best with a certain lure or a particular set is priceless.

The Boss is smarter than a big tree full of owls when it comes to that stuff

Very well put!! And bless the boss's heart.. I know I'm his favorite pest...lol
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/07/20 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by cwtrapper
This thread reminded me of a dealer years ago. Ludy Von Sheda if I remember correctly. The last day of the WTA convention he would get up on the back of his truck. Auction off boxes of traps and supplies till he sold out. Didn't want to haul them home. I got some awful good deals at that time.

I remember dealing with Ludy at conventions If he seen a dollar in your hand you werent leaving with it
Posted By: Ghost14

Re: What is the best trapping supplies website? - 07/07/20 03:55 PM

I use Southern Snare, Blue Ridge Outdoor Supply, MTP, and F&T. All 4 have been awesome every time I use them. Just depends on what I’m after.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums