Home

Okay, White Marlin

Posted By: James

Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 12:21 AM

Now that you got my joke deleted, what did you want to "debate"?

Jim
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 12:22 AM

ignore........ignore......
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 12:24 AM

Who pulled it ?
I figured you did.
I was going to show it to my family when they all got here.
Thought it was.cool...

Donnie
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 12:25 AM

[fades back into the cobalt blue Gulf Stream...]

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 12:26 AM

I'm assuming we can have a gentlemen's debate. I just don't know what issue you wanted to debate.

Jim
Posted By: hippie

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 12:28 AM

Why you always want to argue, er debate?

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 12:30 AM

Was that a proposed debate topic, or a literal question aimed at me?

Jim

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 12:32 AM

Aimed
Posted By: Lugnut

Originally Posted by hippie
Why you always want to argue, er debate?

Because he doesn't have much to contribute beyond being argumentative and inflammatory. It's what he does.
Posted By: walleye101

Jim,
I thought your joke was pretty funny, but the irony of all this PC crap is that one day we are joking and laughing about things that seem too rediculous to be true, then shortly after the rediculous becomes reality. Who would have predicted a couple of monthes ago that city councils would be seriously considering eliminating their police departments? Rediculous has become reality.

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 12:37 AM

Seriously, I don't understand the posts aimed at getting a, let's call it a debate, going when you know as well as any of us the end result. A deleted thread without any minds changed.

You know the definition of insanity I hope.

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 12:45 AM

I'll give you the best answer I know, hippie:

1. I'm more liberal than most here; therefore I sometimes see posts I disagree with.

2. My dad taught me to speak up when I think something is wrong. And I think the posts I disagree with are wrong.

3. I'm trained by school and career to take a side and debate or argue it.

4. I don't understand whey the above makes people offended. I honestly don't. Do people have to be personally offended when I'm trying to have a civilized argument?

No, we don't have formal debates here. We have arguments. But arguments can be civilized too.

Jim

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by James
Do people have to be personally offended when I'm trying to have a civilized argument? Jim

they're probably just too busy urinating up a rope...
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 12:51 AM

What a hot steaming pile of bull crap. Where's my boots, it's getting deep!
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 12:54 AM

Maybe upchucking got old
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 12:55 AM

Hmmmm...

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 12:55 AM

Don't credit me, LL. Thank Boco for that one. lol

Jim
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by white marlin
Do people have to be personally offended when I'm trying to have a civilized argument? Jim

Touche!

Chris

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 12:57 AM

Don't credit me, LL. Thank Boco for that one. lol

Jim

Ha- well that daggum thing went poof before I could take any field notes. Thanks for getting me straight

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by white marlin

You should be happy with yourself. You successfully baited me into getting my own thread deleted. Doesn't happen every day.

Now, did you really want to debate something, or was that just part of the baiting?

Jim
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 12:59 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 01:02 AM

I had the impression white marlin may have wanted to debate my political preferences. I think we'd be on thin ice there, though I'd be willing to be respectful about it.

Jim

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 01:05 AM

I'll give you the best answer I know, hippie:

1. I'm more liberal than most here; therefore I sometimes see posts I disagree with.

2. My dad taught me to speak up when I think something is wrong. And I think the posts I disagree with are wrong.

3. I'm trained by school and career to take a side and debate or argue it.

4. I don't understand whey the above makes people offended. I honestly don't. Do people have to be personally offended when I'm trying to have a civilized argument?

No, we don't have formal debates here. We have arguments. But arguments can be civilized too.

Jim

Most on here, myself included, wouldn't give a democrat the time of day because they are historically the party opposite our dearly held values/traditions.

Just ain't gonna happen, to the point most don't even want to listen to it as you find out regularly.

And as to the offended part. To me and I'm not going very far out on a limb by saying alot on here judging by the responses you get, feel even thinking about voting for a democrat is treason to our ways.

Have fun with your debates, but I don't think you'll get what your looking for, same as we wouldn't at a PETA website.
Posted By: JoMiBru

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 01:06 AM

Troll your best lure , see if you can raise White Marlin from the deep...

Popcorn is ready!

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 01:06 AM

I had the impression white marlin may have wanted to debate my political preferences. I think we'd be on thin ice there, though I'd be willing to be respectful about it.

Jim

At least you can talk about your political views in the "real world". Some of us have to hide behind usernames if we want to discuss our political views.

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 01:09 AM

On another forum years back--another trapping forum--one guy threatened to come to my home and beat me up.

But when he saw how much airfare cost to Alaska, he lost interest.

Jim

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 01:15 AM

On another forum years back--another trapping forum--one guy threatened to come to my home and beat me up.

Jim

Alaska is about the last place Ide go looking for a fight...

Had the same thing happen to me a couple weeks ago on facebook, just put him on ignore.

If you really want to see what its like to have conservative views go make a random snap chat account that cant be traced back to you, post something along the lines of "I dont believe gays should be able to be married" Or "Blacks lives matter is a Marxist organization". You'll have a pile of death threats in no time and if they can trace your account to a business or a job they will do their best to have you fired or flood the business with bad reviews.
Posted By: EdP

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 01:22 AM

I value Jim's posts even when I don't agree with them. Unlike most liberals he doesn't lie or misrepresent the truth, but presents his view of things. I often don't agree with his view, but a good dialog is how ideas are shared and I see nothing wrong with that. The bitterness and unwarranted attacks against him here strike me the same as the liberal attempts to silence conservative viewpoints we complain about happening on college campuses.

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 01:24 AM

Some things just arnt for sale.

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 01:28 AM

James,
Maybe at least some members of this forum would enjoy a laugh with you when you post about ridiculous stuff but then knowing you voted for and will again vote for the people who have and will continue to effect crap like that gets stuck in their gullet.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 01:28 AM

Heck I thought the guy was funny no matter if Jim is a flaming liberal. smile

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by J Staton

To be fair people on here have called me a liberal multiple times, "liberal" has become a smear on here the way the left uses "racist"
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by EdP
I value Jim's posts even when I don't agree with them. Unlike most liberals he doesn't lie or misrepresent the truth, but presents his view of things. I often don't agree with his view, but a good dialog is how ideas are shared and I see nothing wrong with that. The bitterness and unwarranted attacks against him here strike me the same as the liberal attempts to silence conservative viewpoints we complain about happening on college campuses.

I agree. Most of us only get to see liberals from a distance, like on Opra, the View or the Evening News pulling down statues or running off with big screen TVs. Having James around gives us all an opportunity to see one up close, within poking distance, almost every day.

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by walleye101

I agree. Most of us only get to see liberals from a distance, like on Opra, the View or the Evening News pulling down statues or running off with big screen TVs. Having James around gives us all an opportunity to see one up close, within poking distance, almost every day.

lol

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 01:36 AM

Well, LL, if I posted my ridiculous stuff, and didn't believe it, I would be a troll, it seems to me.

The fact I vote my conscience shouldn't be of any concern to anyone here. I don't advertise my votes. Instead, people insist on judging me.

I'm not a Democrat, though I reserve my right to vote that way, if they offer the better person for the office.

Dont you know there are Democrat trappers out there? There must be, judging by the occasional PM I receive. Are you willing to write them off?

Seems to me you ought to be working to persuade them, instead of driving them into the other camp.

Jim
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor

To be fair people on here have called me a liberal multiple times, "liberal" has become a smear on here the way the left uses "racist"

Okay. Flaming leftist might fit better. I suppose conservatives could have liberal thoughts/ideas.

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 01:39 AM

James- I have heard that it takes a weak mind to be offended by someone else's opinion and I believe it. That being said, if you think that democrat voters are made by my posts, then I would wonder just how wishy washy they were long before they read the rantings of some guy down in Texas.

And just so we are clear- I consider wishy washy to be a liberal trait. Men operating out of principle are not that spineless in my experience.

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 01:47 AM

If someone is offended by my posts, the solution is obvious: Put me on ignore.

Catch 22 says he did that, and I have no reason to doubt him.

More people should exercise that option.

Jim

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 01:48 AM

Who is offended? Certainly not me.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 01:53 AM

I like the old fart, regardless of his distorted views. grin

Some folks get bent out of shape because they're not very secure in their own views and feel threatened - in my opinion.

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 01:59 AM

Like is a purdy strong word but distorted would seem to hit the nail on the head LOL.

As far as people getting bent out of shape- you might well have nailed that one Boss

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 02:28 AM

From one old fart to another, thanks for the forum, Paul.

They think my views are distorted in Stonecoast too. Stonecoast is the Masters in Fine Arts program I'm in at the University of Southern Maine.

Last week I took a seminar on the SF writer, Phillip K. Dick. Some of the ladies got to complaining about the sexism in Dick's work. Dick was writing in the 1960s.

I mentioned to the group that I'd lived through the Sixties, and everyone was sexist then, by today's standards. How could it be fair to judge a writer for not being ahead of his time about everything?

I got a lecture from a female student, then the instructor cut off the discussion. And I was just starting to wind up.

Jim
Posted By: Computer Hater

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 02:56 AM

Jim

You should have offered to meet him half way to see how serious he was!!!! grin grin
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 02:58 AM

"The Man & the Satyr

A long time ago a Man met a Satyr in the forest and succeeded in making friends with him. The two soon became the best of comrades, living together in the Man's hut. But one cold winter evening, as they were walking homeward, the Satyr saw the Man blow on his fingers.

"Why do you do that?" asked the Satyr.

"To warm my hands," the Man replied.

When they reached home the Man prepared two bowls of porridge. These he placed steaming hot on the table, and the comrades sat down very cheerfully to enjoy the meal. But much to the Satyr's surprise, the Man began to blow into his bowl of porridge.

"Why do you do that?" he asked.

"To cool my porridge," replied the Man.

The Satyr sprang hurriedly to his feet and made for the door.

"Goodby," he said, "I've seen enough. A fellow that blows hot and cold in the same breath cannot be friends with me!"

The man who talks for both sides is not to be trusted by either."

Neither fish nor fowl comes to mind too.

Keith
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 03:06 AM

Picking sides has gotten us to where we are at. The two party system is broke.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 03:27 AM

I go fishing for 4 days with no internet.......it was peaceful.....but what did I miss...lol
Posted By: SnareLine

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 03:46 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 04:00 AM

Us poor liberals. Just criticize Trump and you are liberal even if you criticize him for doing something liberal. crazy

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 04:41 AM

They also called you a conservative racist for posting entirely factual, well vetted, data and studies on the general differences between the races, while stating that there was lots of overlap and that people should be judged individually. crazy

Keith
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 12:42 PM

The principle of being able to be offended is that one would first have to value the offenders opinion. In Jameses case I find that ridiculous
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 01:19 PM

Thats funny ....using the word HONEST .. when talking to a lawyer . grin
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 03:28 PM

There have been many cases where a pregnant woman is killed in a car accident by a drunk driver. Or, a pregnant woman is murdered. In these cases, many times the perpetrator is charged with two murders, the woman and her unborn baby. Does that mean if a crime is committed involving a pregnant woman, someone gets to decide if the unborn baby is a human being or not? It can't be both ways.

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 09:08 PM

I don't believe James is misrepresenting facts with regard to abortion but rather expressing his opinion, an opinion shared by many others. Our society has yet to consistently define and agree on the point at which a human fetus becomes a unique living being. I certainly don't know. I do know that I don't like abortion and that I don't agree with aborting a healthy viable fetus that could otherwise live outside the womb. However, medical science keeps changing the point at which a "premie" can survive. Take that medical advancement to the extreme and we are looking at the fertilized human egg as a viable fetus. In that case we would have to consider all the available birth control pills as constituting abortions. That is not a particularly popular or practical position.

Then there are the other societies on this earth that killed some female babies because it was necessary for their society to survive in the environment in which they lived. Go tell them how wrong they were to do that.

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 09:21 PM

The earliest a baby has survived being born after conception is 14 weeks. I believe abortions after 14 weeks from conception, without being necessary to prevent severe health risk to the mother, should be criminal.

Keith
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
The earliest a baby has survived being born after conception is 14 weeks. I believe abortions after 14 weeks from conception, without being necessary to prevent severe health risk to the mother, should be criminal.

Keith

Spot on Keith. The things going on now, promoted by the libs and dems are a travesty. How can any caring human being be for abortion? Only if your a lib and consider your the smartest sob in the room.....like they all do!
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 10:57 PM

I got a lecture from a female student, then the instructor cut off the discussion. And I was just starting to wind up.

Jim

Sounds like your lucky the instructor cut her off,,,cause he could see you were about to take a real arse whippin,,,from a STUDENT no less.HAhahahahaaaa Real good lawyer there JIMMY.
Posted By: Frogger79

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 10:57 PM

Amen
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 11:10 PM

I'd say a heartbeat is pretty tell-tale. That happens pretty early if I'm right. Abortion stops a beating heart.
Heck, over on SurvivalistBoards, you get a vacation for even using the word "abortion"

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 11:30 PM

My OPINION is that abortion for convenience is morally wrong.

But I don't want government to be dictating who gets an abortion, or criminalizing women who get one.

It's not as if the US has no experience with criminalizing abortions. It's a long sad history of women who bled to death or died of infection.

We don't need to put the Puritans back in charge.

Jim
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 11:56 PM

My OPINION

Jim

That's where I quit reading. grin
Posted By: MySide 🦝

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/07/20 11:57 PM

Abortions are pure evil, PERIOD.

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/08/20 12:12 AM

My OPINION is that abortion for convenience is morally wrong.

But I don't want government to be dictating who gets an abortion, or criminalizing women who get one. Jim

too bad you can't say that about a Citizen BUYING a certain firearm...

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/08/20 12:25 AM

It's a long sad history of women who bled to death or died of infection.

Jim

That should read, "It's a long sad history of women, who chose to break the law by having their baby killed during an illegal abortion performed by an inept person, who they chose to perform the abortion, which led to their death by bleeding to death or infection."

Choices have consequences people have to live with.

Keith

Re: Okay, White Marlin - 07/08/20 12:29 AM

I had a coworker who had a child born with 1/2 of it's brain missing. That child lived for a little over a year with no chance at all of survival and caused untold hardship and heartbreak for the parents. I could not deny parents an abortion who were faced with that situation and knew it in advance. I see denying those parents the right to abort that pregnancy as pure evil.

Rather than refusing to listen to the ideas of people who think differently than me, I prefer to hear them out and make an informed decision. They may change my mind or I may develop a stronger argument for my position as a result. Either way I think it better than being close minded and I am not intimidated by the idea of having an intellectual argument on the subject.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums