Home

Terry Redlin Prints

Posted By: jbyrd63

Terry Redlin Prints - 07/07/20 08:14 PM

A guy in my neighborhood has 13 Terry Redlin prints that are matted and framed. He is selling them at a good price. I have 4 of the 13 already and was wondering if you guys think they will be hard to resale
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/07/20 08:34 PM

No, but I'd try to get them as cheap as possible. Shipping farmed art is costly and generally a pain. A buyer would have to figure that in as well as what you want for the print. Local sales are easier but its at only what your area will bare. Redlin was fairly well known and there might be a forum about his work or falls within another such forum about contemporary American print art world.I think Redlin's prints hold their value better than say Bradford Exchange (I wish I had invested that money in the last 1980s and early 1990s instead of buying 3-4 dozen of those plates) but many people think their art is worth way more than a secondary market actually gets them sold for nowadays. Good luck!
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/07/20 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
No, but I'd try to get them as cheap as possible. Shipping farmed art is costly and generally a pain. A buyer would have to figure that in as well as what you want for the print. Local sales are easier but its at only what your area will bare. Redlin was fairly well known and there might be a forum about his work or falls within another such forum about contemporary American print art world.I think Redlin's prints hold their value better than say Bradford Exchange (I wish I had invested that money in the last 1980s and early 1990s instead of buying 3-4 dozen of those plates) but many people think their art is worth way more than a secondary market actually gets them sold for nowadays. Good luck!

FRAMED art, too !!!! laugh
Posted By: rags57078

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/07/20 09:53 PM

Just remember that you can still buy them at the Redlin museum in Watertown SD
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/07/20 10:20 PM

Don't know what a good price is these days. You can hardly give away signed and numbered limited edition prints by most artists.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/07/20 11:00 PM

Depends on the artist. I do well on Les Koubas and Jim Hansels,to name 2 mn.artists. Redlin is one of the best known wildlife artist,and his prints sell well.
Tom
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/08/20 12:17 AM

Redlins always sell well at DU events. If you can get them for a good price go for it. They should always have good value.
Posted By: merganser

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/08/20 12:30 AM

You didn't mention whether these prints are limited edition prints or just regular prints. Limited edition ones would be the ones to buy. They do hold their value.

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/08/20 12:53 AM

Scored !! All 13 Can't post the pics from my PC now as the e-mail was closed that is tied to this one.
The names are ;

Silent sunset
Hunters haven
Trimming the tree
Best friends
Prepared for the season
Evening with friends
Evening solitude
Heading Home
The sharing season
The sharing season ll
Total comfort
Winter wonderland
Family traditions
They are all framed and triple matted . I wanted to sell some but we are planning on starting a hunting cabin this fall so My wife said NO SALE !!!!!!!!!

Posted By: timbremn

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/08/20 12:54 AM

Had an auction last week at my dads farm. The Redlin went for $70 matted and framed. Low demand for wildlife prints at this time. The print was "Bluebill Point"

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/08/20 12:55 AM

Ok I want you guys to guess what I paid for these. Most are perfect . Some of the frames have small dings but ALL the prints are 100%
Frames are not my taste but are gold leaf vine style frames.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/08/20 01:11 AM

$45.00
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/08/20 01:13 AM

Very nice.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/08/20 01:48 AM

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/08/20 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Bear Tracker

500 bucks! All are custom framed . 39. 00 each Looked up the prices .I stole them !!!! ALL are a numbered and signed print. BUT the real catch is one of them is an artist proof !!!!!

Just ball park low end prices they would cost around 5-6 grand from the Redlin art center !!!!!!

( had to edit this one had slipped down below the matting and couldn't see the signature. It will be re-matted)

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/08/20 04:44 AM

Artists proofs are the 50 prints prior to those that are signed and numbered. Those APs I sell are usually priced the same as the numbered ones.
Tom
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/08/20 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Originally Posted by Bear Tracker

500 bucks! All are custom framed . 39. 00 each Looked up the prices .I stole them !!!! ALL are a numbered and signed print. BUT the real catch is one of them is an artist proof !!!!!

Just ball park low end prices they would cost around 5-6 grand from the Redlin art center !!!!!!

( had to edit this one had slipped down below the matting and couldn't see the signature. It will be re-matted)

You paid what they are worth.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/08/20 12:08 PM

Hope you enjoy them because you won't make much after shipping. Hang them up and enjoy. LLL

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/08/20 02:04 PM

Well the four I already have that we bought back in the late 90's we paid more than 39 bucks each LOL. PLUS had to frame them....

So the usual haters think I paid too much at 39 dollars each. Bet I can sell the frames for more than that ..............

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/08/20 03:58 PM

Not sure what size prints you got,but framing is always the biggest cost on--framed prints.
$39.00 is about what you would pay to have a certificate framed,so you did very well.
Tom

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/08/20 04:13 PM

10 are 25" /18"
1 is 41"/28"
1 is 40"/ 27"
1 is 32"/ 22"

ALL ARE BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/08/20 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Depends on the artist. I do well on Les Koubas and Jim Hansels,to name 2 mn.artists. Redlin is one of the best known wildlife artist,and his prints sell well.
Tom

I have seen several Kouba prints that are listed on ebay for $25-$35 that aren't even selling at that price. I own some signed Kouba prints that are worth far less than I paid for them.

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/08/20 07:55 PM

The majority of those are unframed prints.
I just love Koubas work. And some on here do too. The dark house series is probably my biggest sellers.
Tom
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/08/20 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
A guy in my neighborhood has 13 Terry Redlin prints that are matted and framed. He is selling them at a good price. I have 4 of the 13 already and was wondering if you guys think they will be hard to resale

not a real fan of his work.Almost TOO much going on in his paintings,, seem cluttered to me
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/08/20 10:40 PM

I don't know about Kentucky, but Redlin prints are a dime a dozen in MN.

At local auction sales, used ones typically sell for the price of the frame.
Posted By: Sliprig

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/09/20 10:44 PM

His prints are nice, but have been way overmarketed by DU (money,money!) Buy 'm because YOU like them, not as a investment.

Slip
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/09/20 10:50 PM

The Redlin Museum in Watertown SD is a really worthwhile stop if you are traveling in that area. The story of how Terry became an artist and what the family is giving back to Watertown is a great story. I am glad they made money early so they could build the center and offer no fee attendance. The fact that you can purchase used ones at a low cost just allows those who value the art work to get those within a modest family budget.

Bryce
Posted By: Sliprig

Re: Terry Redlin Prints - 07/09/20 10:51 PM

I was a committee member for 15+ years. A state level employee was criminally wheeling and dealing (felony level) and they let him go but buried the story. When people donate their money and time they deserve the truth. Delta gets my waterfowl donations now.

Slip
© 2024 Trapperman Forums