Home

Wife ask for a tuneup.

Posted By: flash

Wife ask for a tuneup. - 07/09/20 06:38 PM

Strange title huh.... A little story behind that. Teri is a 23 year Navy gal, she retired in 06 as a Sr. Chief. She had her qualifications in marksmanship with the 12, 45, 5.56 and her last deployment she got the chance to play with a 50 cal. Yup, she qualified with. So sitting on the porch last evening she says its been awhile since i`ve handled a firearm and lets go friday morning and do a little shooting. Was kind of nice for her to bring it up. So glad we found each other close to 40 years ago. I would bet she'll give me a run for the money tomorrow. Glad everyone is taking care of themselves. Peace.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Wife ask for a tuneup. - 07/09/20 06:40 PM

enjoy yourself
Posted By: Dewey NY

Re: Wife ask for a tuneup. - 07/09/20 06:44 PM

Sounds like a great date to me.. Have fun.. My money's on her... grin
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Wife ask for a tuneup. - 07/09/20 06:56 PM

my wife asked to go try trap shooting she thought it looked like fun watching all the 4-H kids do it.

I talked to the guy at the club and we met him there and I am teaching her trap just like I do the kids , no pressure only the 3 of us there. she learned she doesn't like recoil not even the 20ga.

then again my wife was never in the anything military.

she does fine with light loads in handguns

but watching the kids shoot from about 30 yards back sitting in the shade in a lawn chair on a nice day knitting is her idea of going to the range. so I roll with it.
Posted By: eastwood44mag

Re: Wife ask for a tuneup. - 07/09/20 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
my wife asked to go try trap shooting she thought it looked like fun watching all the 4-H kids do it.

I talked to the guy at the club and we met him there and I am teaching her trap just like I do the kids , no pressure only the 3 of us there. she learned she doesn't like recoil not even the 20ga.

but watching the kids shoot from about 30 yards back sitting in the shade in a lawn chair on a nice day knitting is her idea of going to the range. so I roll with it.

Put a limbsaver on it. Best thirty bucks you'll ever spend
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Wife ask for a tuneup. - 07/09/20 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by eastwood44mag

we will see if she will try again part of it was the noise also , my son bought a 20ga when he was 10 and shot it well when I found a deal on another 500c just like it I picked one up that was what she was using

I have a slip on limb saver I don't recall if I had it on that gun at the time.
Posted By: cmcf

Re: Wife ask for a tuneup. - 07/09/20 08:37 PM

X2 on the premium recoil pad. Kick ease as well and if more is needed a mercury recoil suppressor can be install
in the buttstock. Recoil reduction of 50-60% is common.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Wife ask for a tuneup. - 07/09/20 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by eastwood44mag

Trying to knit and purl with a limb saver on your needles seems cumbersome. confused
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Wife ask for a tuneup. - 07/09/20 09:14 PM

When we were pulling perimeter guard in Nam we loved when the quad .50 jeep(s) pulled up next to your bunker as when the barked the enemy would hunker!

Bryce
Posted By: JD Hornet

Re: Wife ask for a tuneup. - 07/09/20 09:31 PM

Sounds like a heap a fun.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Wife ask for a tuneup. - 07/09/20 09:36 PM

What a Plan!!!
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Wife ask for a tuneup. - 07/09/20 09:40 PM

White Trash 88 will get excited when he sees this. LOL
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Wife ask for a tuneup. - 07/09/20 10:03 PM

Flash , she is a keeper.

You lucky dog........ grin
Posted By: RdFx

Re: Wife ask for a tuneup. - 07/09/20 10:15 PM

Yep Bryce those 50s were the thing. I remember when Hathcock fixed up a scope on a 50 and after some practice was picking off VC scout or sentinals. Needless to say VC learned to stay a safe distance away after numerous kills.
Posted By: Zim

Re: Wife ask for a tuneup. - 07/09/20 10:20 PM

Nice to hear flash. My wife Patrice can outshoot me all day long with a handgun.

Zim
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Wife ask for a tuneup. - 07/09/20 10:48 PM

grin
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Wife ask for a tuneup. - 07/09/20 11:13 PM

Flash maybe you can put a sign says "Forget the dog beware of the wife" up in her honor! grin
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Wife ask for a tuneup. - 07/09/20 11:15 PM

Sounds like you got a good one, flash. Shoot straight!
Posted By: flash

Re: Wife ask for a tuneup. - 07/10/20 05:44 PM

great morning. she did well, she has a sig 380 that at 10' put all five in a paper plate. not to crazy about the sig 226 and i have an old h&r sportsman 22 that is so easy on the eyes that a blind man could almost not miss. got everything cleaned up and ready for another day. thanks everyone, she liked your responses. take care!
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Wife ask for a tuneup. - 07/10/20 06:04 PM

Saying you lost gracefully Smart man
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Wife ask for a tuneup. - 07/10/20 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by jeff karsten
Saying you lost gracefully Smart man

X2

Smart MARRIED man.....lol
Very smart......lol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums