Home

IS IT LEGAL?

Posted By: rex123

IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 09:49 PM

Can a governor legally make people wear a face mask in public? Ours says starting at 5 p. m. Friday you have to wear a mask in public.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 09:54 PM

It’s not the best time to define the rule of law in today’s current environment.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 09:54 PM

Ours said that about a week ago. Nobody arrested yet. I sent ours an email. My name address phone number included. Said she wasn't the queen of Kansas and I wasn't a subject. Haven't been asked to leave a business yet in spite of the signs and have not been wearing a mask. Crickets from the governor.
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 09:55 PM

Maybe
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Ours said that about a week ago. Nobody arrested yet. I sent ours an email. My name address phone number included. Said she wasn't the queen of Kansas and I wasn't a subject. Haven't been asked to leave a business yet in spite of the signs and have not been wearing a mask. Crickets from the governor.

how many wearing them in your area? Very few here, our county commissioners vote not to make it mandatory in our county for whatever its worth.

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 10:09 PM

3/4 wearing them at walmart today
Posted By: pcr2

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Trap Setter
Maybe

x2
Posted By: Duckie1

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 10:20 PM

Our started with more threats about fines for people not wearing masks and rolling us back into lock downs. Says the virus is coming back even though the averages posted show the weekly rolling averages have not changed much and daily deaths due to supposed Corona virus cases has declined.
No mention of the maps that show the areas with increased positive testing match the areas that have had BLM protests the past three weeks.

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 10:25 PM

At the beginning it was all about not overloading the medical system.... so if people are getting exposed but not overloading the system that is a good thing. At least it was at the beginning. The hospitalization #s and the deaths are what needs to be looked at BUT since those #s don't look too bad they are ignoring them.
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 10:27 PM

If you have a medical condition, all you have to tell them is " I have a medical condition " and they ain't
allowed to ask what it is. Or that's the way it is here.

Donnie
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 10:29 PM

Our state is like that. The only businesses that really seem to be affected by it are bars and restaurants. Those are both regulated by either Liquor Control Board or the Health Department. So those places can have their licenses yanked if they aren't making people comply. So most are doing what is required with the edict.
Posted By: James

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 10:29 PM

I don't understand why anyone would object to wearing a mask.

Defying a governor's order just to prove you can is petty, seems to me.

Near-universal compliance with government and business-required masks has helped keep infection rates low in Japan.

Jim

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by James

Near-universal compliance with government and business-required masks has helped keep infection rates low in Japan.

Jim

Freedom to do what you want with your own body right James? And it doesn't say nothing in the laws that we have to explain it so that you can understand for it to be legal.

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir

Jim

Freedom to do what you want with your own body right James? And it doesn't say nothing in the laws that we have to explain it so that you can understand for it to be legal.

As I explained earlier it really should be about keeping hospitalization rates low while achieving herd immunity
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 10:34 PM

Quite the hypocrite isn't he?
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir

Jim

My body!
Me too!
We ain't Japan.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut

It certainly looks that way when you look at his views on abortion and especially because the murdered babies have their own bodies too, that they did not choose to have torn apart.

That said. I don't see any good reason for not wearing a mask. Masks do help some and definitely are not very inconvenient to purchase or make, or hard to wear.

Keith
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 10:44 PM

We got no rules here!

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 10:51 PM

i think the danger is greatly exaggerated. homeless and incarcerated. no big die off
Posted By: ScottPhillips

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 10:51 PM

We have the rule here but if you go to Walmart only about two thirds of people wear them.

Scott

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 10:54 PM

[Linked Image]
#notpolitical
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 10:56 PM

Jim

Did anyone hear something? I guess it must have been my imagination.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
Originally Posted by Lugnut

It certainly looks that way when you look at his views on abortion and especially because the murdered babies have their own bodies too, that they did not choose to have torn apart.

That said. I don't see any good reason for not wearing a mask. Masks do help some and definitely are not very inconvenient to purchase or make, or hard to wear.

Keith

Ninety-plus percent of the folks I deal with on a daily basis refuse to wear them I agree with them. Employees, subcontractors, inspectors, prospective tenants, tenants, homeowners and customers. We always ask if the other minds at our first encounter and nearly all of them agree it's stupid.

If your immunity is compromised or you are at risk for some other reason, by all means, wear a mask or self-isolate. I'm not going to.

I have a very strong immune system. It got that way from dealing with the various viruses my kids and grand kids brought me from various sources. No doctors, no vaccines, just let my body deal with it. As a result, I rarely get sick. I had the flu for the first time in my life (62 years) last January. My entire extended family had it. I suspect it was the Corona virus.

Even if it wasn't, I'm not worried about getting it. If I get it, I'll deal with it, build immunity and carry on. For those worried about it, wear a mask.

But nobody is going to force me to wear one.
Posted By: rudydog

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 11:04 PM

My father was sent to Vietnam for awhile. This was done in the name of preserving our country and way of life. My wifes grandfather was sent away to world war 2. This was to preserve our way of life. Both were drafted and went because they were asked by our country to defend America, it's citizens and our way of life.I don't think either wanted to go from what i am told.
We are now being asked to wear a mask from time to time. Not all the time, just when there is a chance it might help to stop the worst pandemic the world has scene in about 100 years. You don't need to wear it when home, in your car, in most cases outside. Just when it might help to keep your fellow American healthy. While the mask is no were near 100% effective, it is almost sure to help.At least if you believe anything doctors/scientists say. If you are unable to do this little simple thing, well, it might say more about you than you would like others to know.
I feel lucky to wear a mask in this country. I have the right not to of course, but if a simple little thing like that has the chance of saving one other person from getting sick, maybe my kids, wife, or parents it seems like a very small thing. Or maybe someone else's kids, wife or parents.
Our country is in a sad state if after our forefathers jumped into action risking and sacrificing there lives to give us this country we can't simply were a mask to help people before we go home to our air conditioned home and enjoy an evening with our family members.

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 11:05 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Duckie1

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 11:08 PM

There any studies that have shown that wearing a mask helps and opposing ones that say that they do very little or nothing. From what I can find in studies online there is no conclusive evidence that the masks help. The same experts now saying we should all wear masks said we should not wear masks in the beginning. Doesn't seem like the experts really know anything.

I have viewed several video clips of the testing sites from nearby states online over the past few days, several of the people swabbing patients at the drive-up stations only have a face shield completely open at the bottom and no mask. So apparently airborne particulates can't go around a piece of plastic.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 11:09 PM

Wearing a mask while working in this heat and humidity? Don't think so.
Posted By: cmcf

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 11:11 PM

Judge Neapoltano(sp) said this morning that the STATE could not dictate that masks be worn . He said it has already gone through the courts and supremes were very clear on the matter. He went on to say that a business could refuse to serve you if they had signs up stating masks are required for service.

I thought hmmmm something about a wedding cake and religious objections. Guess the bakery didn’t hear about the signs thing. Could have saved a lot of aggravation an court costs.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 11:44 PM

Well, we can let the dems clear out more prisons of the rapist, murders, muggers, robbers, etc. so they can make more room for the really dangerous felons, the non-mask wearers.
Posted By: rvsask

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 11:47 PM

I love that photo of the girl at the top, it kills me every time. I love it because I suspect she would protest against other girls holding that same sign regarding another topic. Isn’t it ironic...,,don’t yah think.
Posted By: kytrapper

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 11:51 PM

I’m not inclined to start wearing one. Know a guy who’s son in law is a state trooper. Worked a wreck the other night with a fatality. He said the coroner tagged it Covid 19 when he zipped him up. They’re getting big money to exaggerate the numbers.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/09/20 11:51 PM

Imagine the hypocrisy of a government that required all citizens to have health insurance but did not require on to prove citizenship is one of the greatest quotes of our time.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/10/20 12:15 AM

Nope don't have to wear one due to my asthma.
Posted By: cotton

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/10/20 12:28 AM

the masks are useless any how
be the same as building a chain link fence to keep skeeters out of your yard

i tell folks right up front why i don't wear em , i am too old and my neck is too red
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/10/20 12:34 AM

Jim

Hear , hear!
Posted By: Ghost14

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/10/20 12:37 AM

Went through 3 states today and only a handful of masks worn anywhere. Most were wearing them in their cars, Hahahaha. If this government wants me to comply on masks they are gonna start enforcing the law with these felons running everywhere first! I have never put a mask on and will not. If you don’t want to be at risk, isolate yourself. I’m getting tired of hearing this pity party nonsense about where a mask for everyone else bull. When did we completely flip from self responsibility to blaming others for everything that goes wrong. If I was worried I would stay at home. If I get it tomorrow it will be my fault, my burden, and my responsibility. If you get hit by a car while playing in the street it is your fault, not the drivers! People better come to their senses or we are about to damage this country beyond repair!

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/10/20 12:49 AM

any cop writing me a mask ticket is going to listen to me b*&^%h about all the stealing burning intimidation and assault going on.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/10/20 01:09 AM

Wearing a mask at this point is ridiculous. Based on the current reports of infection, nearly everyone in North America will have been exposed to the virus by the end of the week. You cannot stop a virus, short of living in a bubble. Personally, I would rather be exposed to this thing while I am healthy enough to live through it. Call me selfish and see if I care!
Posted By: star flakes

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/10/20 01:11 AM

To answer what a Governor can order, a Governor can hold you down and draw blood from you and it will be done, whether it is legal or not, because they have the guns.

As for telling the most powerful person in your state she is not the queen and planning on informing a cop of the facts of life. From my experience, you are now on a list and flagged. They will get around to you, whether it is when you need help or you make a mistake. As for telling a cop things, I had one pull over us over to rob us on what he could figure out to ticket us with, and after listening to the BS about his only doing it for our safety, I asked how I was to pay for the ticket. He got upset, said he was going to get to that, and when it was all over, the prick waited several days to file the citation, just to make a point and keep me waiting. It was all legal, but all abusive as could be, but when you got the badge or corporations putting you into office to protect their interests, it is what they say is legal, because it will bankrupt anyone as General Michael Flynn discovered in trying to defend yourself.

None of this is worth making yourself end up on an enemy's list, because those lists exist and your name never comes off of them.
Posted By: steeltraps

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/10/20 01:13 AM

No one can make you wear a mask period. The ONLY thing you have to do in life is live and die. The rest is up too you!

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/10/20 01:23 AM

sometimes you need to stand up and be counted

i have been on the "list" for a very long time
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/10/20 01:24 AM

I wonder what the infection rate among women is in Saudi Arabia or other traditional muslim countries?
Posted By: Dirt

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/10/20 02:04 AM

Jim

You have been there right? Kind of like New York City. However, I have no problem wearing a mask when I cannot maintain social distancing. Is that what the mandates are? There is no gain wearing mask when you are not near people.

IMO The best you can do is recommend people wear masks when they can not maintain social distancing and need to open their mouths.

Speaking of Japanese; they were always my favorite customers. They always did what they were told. Except for Wata-san; he apparently was problem child even back in Japan.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/10/20 02:09 AM

Well,they will punish you for not wearing a mask,,but if you want to destroy private property,,or smash out windows and steal things ,,that seems to be OKY DOKEY.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/10/20 03:03 AM

Masks on people who don't follow medical protocol does nothing to prevent the spread, nor protect one from getting infected.
If your mask is not fitted to your face, it serves no purpose for anyone.
If you touch your mask after you touch an infected door handle, or a keyboard on a gas pump, and don't throw your mask away and replace it with an uninfected one, it serves no purpose for anyone.
If you wear gloves, but don't change them every time you touch something which someone else has touched, it serves no purpose for anyone.
If you do follow all of the above measures to a T, how many people around you are practicing all of these measures? I will bet as close to zero percent as statistically possible.

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/10/20 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
So exactly what mask is able to stop a virus from being expelled in a cough? According to our governor, a cotton cloth will suffice. Standard thread count on a t shirt is 18 tpi. Some t shirts have as high as 30 tpi. So how effective is that?

Anybody ever seen that gap on both sides of a mask even when it is worn properly? How many people wear them properly?

A mask is worn to prevent the sick from contaminating the healthy, not protecting the healthy. When you walk into a Dr office there is a sign at the door that asks you to put on a mask if you have a fever, coughing, sneezing or flu like symptoms. Formerly I was never asked as a healthy person to wear a mask.

What changed?

I will wear a mask when needed to appease the masses, but I do not see it as an effective method of preventing disease transmission.

The viruses are tiny, but they don't move on their own, when propelled out. They are stuck in globules of human saliva or mucous. The masks just have to catch the globules the virus is trapped in.

Put pepper in water, with a little syrup in it, to thicken it like saliva or mucous and try to spit it through a colander. Very little if any pepper will make it through and the distance it will cover, if it does make it through, is greatly shortened, compared to just spitting it.

Keith
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/10/20 03:23 AM

Starting to hear rumblings about this virus being airborne. No hope for prevention with a mask if that is the case.
Posted By: Marty B

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/10/20 03:28 AM

i think the danger is greatly exaggerated. homeless and incarcerated. no big die off

What about babies?

They gots poor immune capabilities........and no word of them dieing off.

We might have more herd immunity than we realize.

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/10/20 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Marty B

What about babies?

They gots poor immune capabilities........and no word of them dieing off.

We might have more herd immunity than we realize.

What kills people is their bodies own overreaction to the virus, causing them to basically drown in their own fluids. As you pointed out, babies have poor immune systems, thus their body does not overreact to the virus, thus they don't drown in their own fluids, thus they don't die.

Keith
Posted By: James

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/10/20 09:48 AM

"It certainly looks that way when you look at his views on abortion and especially because the murdered babies have their own bodies too, that they did not choose to have torn apart."

You're losing it, Keith.

I have no idea whether a governor can Constitutionally order the wearing of masks. I never said he/she does or ought to have such power. I said people ought to wear masks without making a fuss.

The governor's order gives cover to businesses that want to require the wearing of masks for the protection of all of their customers. I suspect that may be the impetus for the order.

The wearing of masks is justified not only for the protection of self, but of those around you. Abortion does not spread like a pandemic of virus. If your daughter has an abortion, she will not infect possibly a hundred other people and cause them to have abortions too.

You are getting increasingly strident and angry. Maybe you should take a vacation from the nightly news.

Jim
Posted By: TRAPPER TOM

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/10/20 12:19 PM

We are now being asked to wear a mask from time to time. Not all the time, just when there is a chance it might help to stop the worst pandemic the world has scene in about 100 years. You don't need to wear it when home, in your car, in most cases outside. Just when it might help to keep your fellow American healthy. While the mask is no were near 100% effective, it is almost sure to help.At least if you believe anything doctors/scientists say. If you are unable to do this little simple thing, well, it might say more about you than you would like others to know.

I don't believe this is the worst pandemic we've seen in the last 100 years. 1968-1970 H3N2 FLU was way worse at this point.
this is a real disease but I believe its more than that.
I don't believe they are telling us full truths and some may want to just see how far they can go in making us sheep.

just my opinion
Tom

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/10/20 03:11 PM

Yes Tom there is a reason they give the death numbers in whole numbers, not percent of the U.S. population. As a percent, the number would be tiny. Nobody would get excited if they gave it in percent. It is common practice to do this to paint the picture.
Posted By: k snow

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/10/20 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt
Yes Tom there is a reason they give the death numbers in whole numbers, not percent of the U.S. population. As a percent, the number would be tiny. Nobody would get excited if they gave it in percent. It is common practice to do this to paint the picture.

The death rate in the US per population is 0.04044% per death rate chart

Re: IS IT LEGAL? - 07/10/20 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by k snow
Originally Posted by Dirt

The death rate in the US per population is 0.04044% per death rate chart

Going to run out of people any day now. Bill Gates has a lot of work to do.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums