Home

Bummed

Posted By: Nittany Lion

Bummed - 07/11/20 01:27 AM

At first I was happy. I found a $50 eBay gift card I didn't realize I had. So.......I bid on an item that I liked, but I would not have bid as much as I did had I not had the card. I won the auction and tried to pay for it with the gift card. Since the redemption number was never revealed (you have to scratch it) I figured the card was good to go. When I went through the procedure to cash it in I was told my balance was zero. The only thing I can figure is the gift card may have expired, I have no clue how long ago I got it. If it was a retirement gift it was over 10 years old, if it was a Christmas gift it could be anywhere from 2 years to 10 years or so.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Bummed - 07/11/20 01:32 AM

Join the club. "If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all."
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Bummed - 07/11/20 01:56 AM

Contact Ebay. There is a decent chance they will still honor the card. They want buyers to use Ebay and try to keep people happy.

Keith
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Bummed - 07/11/20 02:08 AM

My state has a law for that. Gift cards bought here have no expiration date or any inactive fees that whittle it down to nothing.
They should do that in every state. You bought it ( or got it as a gift ) , it should be yours.

Hate to say it , but the politician that did that (atty general , now senator) hasn't done anything else good , just bad stuff , but I will give him credit for that law.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Bummed - 07/11/20 07:48 PM

Possibly "hacked" and stolen!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums