Home

Leading by Example

Posted By: stinkypete

Leading by Example - 07/11/20 06:06 PM

I am 56 yrs old. I got my first speeding ticket today. I obey the speed limit in urban areas. But on the hwy and interstate I open the throttle. No more than 15 miles over the speed limit. Well today it caught up with me. Nice young trooper. I had my driver lisc.etc out and ready. Proof of insurance and registration. The last time I was pulled over I was 19 yrs old. Things sure have changed. I really feel bad for the law enforcement officers today. He approached cautiously. He asked where I was headed. And asked if I knew how fast I was going. After it was all said and done. I thanked him for his service. Said he was doing a great job and to keep up the good work. That young trooper was shocked to say the least. Any how. I don’t agree with the speed limit on the interstate. But it is the law. Oh and by the way. We had a nice chat as well
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Leading by Example - 07/11/20 06:11 PM

You sound like some boot licker. You should have jumped out and asked him why he wasn’t stopping everybody else and reminding him of who pays his salary.
Posted By: Crit-R-Dun

Re: Leading by Example - 07/11/20 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
You sound like some boot licker. You should have jumped out and asked him why he wasn’t stopping everybody else and reminding him of who pays his salary.

Yeah, "don't you have any real criminals to harass."

Anyway, no doubt you made his day just a little more tolerable, well done. You take your chance, you suck it up when it doesn't work out in your favour.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Leading by Example - 07/11/20 06:49 PM

Jeeze Pete, ya bad***. Your giving Ohioians a bad name lol. On second thought you were probably profiled and pulled over cause your white. grin

Good on ya for being respectful, I bet he tells folks about ya.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Leading by Example - 07/11/20 06:52 PM

Great job but you know what’s coming don’t you.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Leading by Example - 07/11/20 06:54 PM

I never have envied the highway patrolmen and now more than ever I am not sure what you would have to pay me to do it. Obviously 3 or 4 times what they are working for.

I hope this sticks- owning your mistakes even if you don't agree with the law or code is a level of self responsibility that is not understood by so many it seems. Being respectful and polite would seem to be common sense but that doesnt look all that common anymore either.
Posted By: MySide 🦝

Re: Leading by Example - 07/11/20 07:27 PM

T'was awfully kind of you to do that Pete.
I bet you made that officer happy.

Re: Leading by Example - 07/11/20 08:20 PM

I have a lot of respect for the men and women in uniform. My brother is retired chief deputy. I rode with him a few times. There job is like anyone else’s job. Except there job they have a chance of getting killed. This day in age lack of respect is the issue. I could never be a law enforcement officer. I didn’t lick the mans boots. He has a job. I was speeding. Plan and simple.

Re: Leading by Example - 07/11/20 09:08 PM

lol

Re: Leading by Example - 07/11/20 09:11 PM

lol

???

Re: Leading by Example - 07/11/20 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Catch22
lol

???

Read my first post.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Leading by Example - 07/11/20 09:19 PM

Um, I'm telling on you Hobbie. And here 13 year olds think I am a lot to put up with.

Re: Leading by Example - 07/11/20 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Um, I'm telling on you Hobbie. And here 13 year olds think I am a lot to put up with.

Hobbie, I don't get it lol. I don't get Jerry's post either. LL, why are you hanging with 13 year olds, Texas thing? grin

Re: Leading by Example - 07/11/20 09:29 PM

Sarcasm.

Re: Leading by Example - 07/11/20 09:31 PM

Sarcasm.

We need a sarcasm emoji thingy for us uhm, less gifted. grin

Re: Leading by Example - 07/11/20 09:34 PM

I’m such a threat during a traffic stop the last officer that stopped me gets to the window and says, “Where’d you get that breakfast sandwich?” lol

Re: Leading by Example - 07/11/20 11:07 PM

Hobbie called a boot licker. That’s what all the fuss is about. 😂
© 2024 Trapperman Forums