Home

I Know This Comes Up

Posted By: HobbieTrapper

I Know This Comes Up - 07/16/20 10:58 PM

Quite a bit around here so I’m just gonna leave this here.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: cfowler

Re: I Know This Comes Up - 07/16/20 11:31 PM

Thanks. I found that to be interesting after a few of the threads on here. Being an officer ain’t a job for just anyone. The ones that do it right sure deserve better than they get from most folks though. Thanks to the ones who do it right regardless!
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: I Know This Comes Up - 07/16/20 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by cfowler
Thanks. I found that to be interesting after a few of the threads on here. Being an officer ain’t a job for just anyone. The ones that do it right sure deserve better than they get from most folks though. Thanks to the ones who do it right regardless!

I agree, but there are so many that do it wrong, and unfortunately that's what is made to be the representation.

Re: I Know This Comes Up - 07/16/20 11:46 PM

The young lady i encountered this afternoon was pleasant and professional.

I don’t know that approaching from the passenger side is the best method though. Is that something new?
Posted By: Cragar

Re: I Know This Comes Up - 07/17/20 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

I don’t know that approaching from the passenger side is the best method though. Is that something new?

They have doing that for a while here. Much safer for the LEO. They use your vehicle as a barrier in case another car hits something or goes out of control.
They had a trooper here get hit on the driver's side of the pulled over vehicle a few years back , trooper was hit by a truck , killed instantly. The truck stopped , as part of that investigation , they found a perfect imprint of the officers embroidered shoulder patch in the truck's fender. It was so clear you could read the patch in the dent. Trooper got hit that hard.

Re: I Know This Comes Up - 07/17/20 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Cragar

They have doing that for a while here. Much safer for the LEO. They use your vehicle as a barrier in case another car hits something or goes out of control.
They had a trooper here get hit on the driver's side of the pulled over vehicle a few years back , trooper was hit by a truck , killed instantly. The truck stopped , as part of that investigation , they found a perfect imprint of the officers embroidered shoulder patch in the truck's fender. It was so clear you could read the patch in the dent. Trooper got hit that hard.

Do you have a “Move Over” Law there?
Posted By: run

Re: I Know This Comes Up - 07/17/20 12:38 PM

It's always been the drivers side for me.
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: I Know This Comes Up - 07/17/20 04:18 PM

Often times here a trooper when pulling someone over angles off the pavement and leaves a portion of the squaw car out in the road.

Some officers say they have issues with the vehicle sticking out in the path of oncoming traffic from the rear. Too much chance of a collision and more trouble.

Michigan law says if you come up on a pulled over vehicle by law enforcement, slow down and pull over a lane if possible. "Move over rule"!

Of course if traffic coming is heavy, wait for an opportunity to pass the squaw vehicle when its clear.

More rules to abide by.
Posted By: Actor

Re: I Know This Comes Up - 07/18/20 03:58 AM

Easier to read ....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cragar

Re: I Know This Comes Up - 07/18/20 04:42 AM

Do you have a “Move Over” Law there?

Yes , we have a move-over law , however the incident with the trooper's death was before the law was enacted.
Move-over laws are a good thing. Some states have expanded this to other vehicles with flashing lights like a tow truck. There is a lot of tow truck operators that get killed every year loading a vehicle on a busy road when an accident occurs.

Re: I Know This Comes Up - 07/18/20 09:02 AM

Thanks Actor!
Posted By: walleye101

Re: I Know This Comes Up - 07/18/20 12:13 PM

The "move over" law is an example of a law that would not be needed if people had any common sense. Why do we need a law to tell people, when they see someone pulled over on the side of the road, to move over into the other lane?

Re: I Know This Comes Up - 07/18/20 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101
The "move over" law is an example of a law that would not be needed if people had any common sense. Why do we need a law to tell people, when they see someone pulled over on the side of the road, to move over into the other lane?

Cause people think the mirrors on cars are only for backing up. lol
Posted By: hippie

Re: I Know This Comes Up - 07/18/20 12:36 PM

So what did ya do wrong to get the gal on your tail?

Re: I Know This Comes Up - 07/18/20 12:39 PM

51 in a 35.
Posted By: hippie

Re: I Know This Comes Up - 07/18/20 12:41 PM

Ouch, hope she was in a good mood!

Re: I Know This Comes Up - 07/18/20 12:54 PM

All smiles.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: I Know This Comes Up - 07/18/20 01:05 PM

Yes we do